Author Topic: Wii U bundle  (Read 1290 times)

Wii U bundle
« on: September 18, 2015, 12:05:31 am »
Does anyone know if the Wii U bundle that came out with Super Mario Maker is actually wourth the money for it? I don't have a Wii U yet and I am looking to get one.. I notice this doesn't have a physical copy of the game and it comes with the Mario amiibo.. It's apparently a wal-mart exclusive..  :P

maximo310

Re: Wii U bundle
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 12:31:12 am »
It depends on your perferences. I could see that the biggest deal with the bundle is getting the amiibo ( hard to find seperately atm), and game w/ the console for $300. It's not a bad deal, but you can find refurbished Wii U Nintendo Land bundles on Nintendo's online for $200, or Wii U+ Super Mario 3D World/ Wind Waker bundles for $225-235 from the same place.  If you want a physical copy of Mario Maker, then you'll need to buy a Wii U and game seperately, but if you're cool with digital then go for the bundle.

gf78

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 10:52:36 am »
Does anyone know if the Wii U bundle that came out with Super Mario Maker is actually wourth the money for it? I don't have a Wii U yet and I am looking to get one.. I notice this doesn't have a physical copy of the game and it comes with the Mario amiibo.. It's apparently a wal-mart exclusive..  :P

Me personally, I absolutely loathe digital downloads of major games.  Hate, hate, hate them!  The biggest draw for this "exclusive" system at Walmart is the 8-bit Mario Amiibo in red & blue. 

As a potential new Wii U owner, I would look for a bundle that included a physical game.  The New Super Mario Wii U and Luigi Wii U set is nice.  If you can't find that, get a stand-alone system and pick up the Mario/Luigi combo used at Gamestop or any other game you want. 

The big draw for this bundle is the Amiibo.  I don't think it's in an actual Amiibo package inside the box.  With that in mind, just import one of the Japanese ones (same figure, different packaging is all) for $20. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

abe

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 10:57:36 am »
The big draw for this bundle is the Amiibo.  I don't think it's in an actual Amiibo package inside the box.  With that in mind, just import one of the Japanese ones (same figure, different packaging is all) for $20.

Or get one from Canada.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 11:46:40 pm »
Thanks for the info.. I am still not sure I what to do I really can't stand the whole digital download ... But on the other hand how hard is that amiibo going to be to hunt down?  :o

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 10:47:18 am »
Quite honestly, I don't believe that bundle is worth it at all. It seems like Nintendo just made it to piss off amiibo collectors. Even if the game was physical, I don't think it's worth it. The best Wii U bundle is probably the Super Mario 3D World bundle.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

gf78

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 09:41:46 am »
Thanks for the info.. I am still not sure I what to do I really can't stand the whole digital download ... But on the other hand how hard is that amiibo going to be to hunt down?  :o

Not hard at all.  You can buy them on eBay right now for under $25 shipped.  They are the Japanese versions from what I have seen but outside of the package, they all work and look exactly the same.  And the one in the Wii bundle box isn't individually packaged anyway.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us