Author Topic: October 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 24680 times)

Re: October 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2015, 10:18:51 pm »
Apparently Gamestop started selling nukes and with the price tag, I certainly couldn't pass it up.  Seems to fit quite nice next to my Fallout 3 and New Vegas collector's goods :D

Warmsignal

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2015, 10:19:09 pm »
Corpse Party came out for the Vita. Kind of expensive, but I just felt compelled to get it. Figure my chances later on would be slim.

devancowan

« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2015, 10:22:51 pm »
Corpse Party came out for the Vita. Kind of expensive, but I just felt compelled to get it. Figure my chances later on would be slim.

I preordered the LE Corpse Party and am patiently waiting to play it tomorrow! I haven't played the other two in the series but will probably pick them up on the PSN if they go on sale around Halloween  :)
Good choice on picking it up now. I feel like down the road it will be hard to come by

doafan

« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2015, 12:52:30 pm »
Some people says that second parts are never better than the first one, have to admit that for a long time thought the same until Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, I was never a big fan of the saga in fact the titles from this franchise are in my collection because one of my cousins, he used to love his gold cartridge more than anyone that I know that's why that today am adding this game to my collection, it's a shame that he no longer play videogames (marriage) but is even more sadder that this situation is happening a lot to almost all the male members of my family anyway for this little fella I paid $ 18.12 bucks but it was worth it, just check the pictures of the label  ;D

Also bought the cheerleader costume for Kasumi cause I have already unlocked all her costumes in DOA5  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2015, 01:21:59 pm »
Some people says that second parts are never better than the first one, have to admit that for a long time thought the same until Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, I was never a big fan of the saga in fact the titles from this franchise are in my collection because one of my cousins, he used to love his gold cartridge more than anyone that I know that's why that today am adding this game to my collection, it's a shame that he no longer play videogames (marriage) but is even more sadder that this situation is happening a lot to almost all the male members of my family anyway for this little fella I paid $ 18.12 bucks but it was worth it, just check the pictures of the label  ;D

Also bought the cheerleader costume for Kasumi cause I have already unlocked all her costumes in DOA5  8)

Zelda II, while definitely different, is a fantastic game that I still love to playthrough. I still can't beat the final palace, though. That damn Shadow Link is impossible, especially after having little life left after that hard as nails palace.

gf78

« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2015, 02:08:37 pm »
...it's a shame that he no longer play videogames (marriage) but is even more sadder that this situation is happening a lot to almost all the male members of my family..."

That is sad, but don't erroneously believe that marriage is the end of gaming.  Sure, being married takes up more of your time and you don't have the same opportunities to sit around gaming, etc.  But if your new spouse tries to make you stop doing things you love like gaming, then they are trying to change you and are not happy with the person you truly are. 

I see too many times a person trying to change who their mate/spouse/significant other is after they get together.  This is unhealthy and always leads to problems.  Sorry for the soapbox, but it bums me out when I see someone I know who has played games their entire life walking through the game section at Walmart (or wherever) and their spouse telling them "Forget it!  You don't have time to play games!"
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

doafan

« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2015, 02:34:25 pm »
That is sad, but don't erroneously believe that marriage is the end of gaming.  Sure, being married takes up more of your time and you don't have the same opportunities to sit around gaming, etc.  But if your new spouse tries to make you stop doing things you love like gaming, then they are trying to change you and are not happy with the person you truly are.

You are complete right at my family am the clear example that being married doesn't mean the end of videogames but I do have to admit that I don't have all the time for playing and purchasing games as before, dunno why but got the idea that once you stop playing it means game over that I will get older more faster and crap really want to avoid that  :P

I see too many times a person trying to change who their mate/spouse/significant other is after they get together.  This is unhealthy and always leads to problems.  Sorry for the soapbox, but it bums me out when I see someone I know who has played games their entire life walking through the game section at Walmart (or wherever) and their spouse telling them "Forget it!  You don't have time to play games!"

For me I guess that I was lucky enough cause my wife used to play titles, when I have the videogame talk with her she confess me that she used to play some Silent Hill and Resident Evil titles at that moment totally knew that she was the one for me but you are right if that person wants to change how you are you already know that this kind of shit will happen, dunno what's the situation of my cousins but hell will froze before I stop playing  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

gf78

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2015, 02:57:35 pm »
...but hell will froze before I stop playing  ;D

Right on my friend!~
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2015, 07:49:20 pm »
A couple of good ones arrived today

« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2015, 10:12:57 pm »
Picked these up for collection:
Metal of honor  ps1 greatest hits 3$
Test drive le mans ps1 3$

To sell/trade
Ratchet and clank size matters psp 3$

maximo310

« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2015, 11:46:23 pm »
Picked up some cheap  gs ds games: nanostray 1+2, elite beat agents, and henry hatsworth all cart only.
I also managed to find a Front Mission DS  cart at the same location, which I'm pumped about since I've been looking for a while for a good price on this game, especially since its one of the rarest ds releases, and it has a bunch of upgrades compared to the original sfc version.

« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2015, 03:30:39 am »
Picked up a couple of 3DS games this week.

Smash Bros was $17.99 from Gamefly, case and manual and all inserts look great but the cartridge is kind of bubbily. Not bad, should have expected from a formal rental. Also got Adventure Time: Hey Ice King, Why'd you steal our Garbage? for $9 from Amazon Warehouse.

Nothing needs to be said about Smash Bros of course, but I have to say Adventure Time: Hey Ice King, Why'd you steal our Garbage? is a pretty good game despite having the worst name for anything ever. It is very "Zelda 2" in it's mechanics, from the way it handles gameplay from items and weapon upgrades from progression, fetch quests and dungeons (towers) to overworld maps. I know almost next to nothing about Adventure Time and I'm still enjoying it, so I imagine then experience to be that much better if you knew more about the universe you are immersed in, but its certainly not a prerequisite. Might be a Hidden gem, for those that wouldn't consider it otherwise on account of not following the franchise.

gf78

« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2015, 08:41:18 am »
I just can't get past the aesthetics of Adventure Time.  It is some of the worst doodle-looking art IMO. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2015, 01:53:57 pm »
I just can't get past the aesthetics of Adventure Time.  It is some of the worst doodle-looking art IMO.

Most hand-drawn animation nowadays looks like crap, or it's CGI.

gf78

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2015, 02:59:18 pm »

Most hand-drawn animation nowadays looks like crap, or it's CGI.

I've even gone back and tried to watch something like Beavis & Butthead.  It just looks terrible.  Overall I agree, hand-drawn animation looks worse than ever.  But add in the terrible design elements of Adventure Time (IMO) and it looks both goofy and terrible to me.