Author Topic: Secret Santa 2015 - Updated!  (Read 39578 times)

devancowan

Re: Secret Santa 2015 - Updated!
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2015, 06:06:19 pm »
I hope my giftee likes random fun stuff too! I'm going to definitely get them some stuff off their list but I also have accumulated some random games/things that I can't sell but want to give away and spread joy!

I have a ton of stuff like that too, I'm trying to find things that my giftee might like according to their collection! I think it's a cool bonus on top of the rest. I'm sure most people would love it, except maybe if they don't have any more display shelf space  :P

Now that you mention it, that's a good idea! I have some stuff I should give away to help someone else on their collection that I'll probably never get around to playing :)

davifus

« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2015, 06:17:39 pm »
Already got 2 things for my SS. Whew
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

karyann

« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2015, 06:29:02 pm »
Already got 2 things for my SS. Whew

High five for being early! Got 2 things on the way as well  8)

davifus

« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2015, 07:04:04 pm »
-
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:01:09 pm by davifus »

telly

« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2015, 09:12:11 pm »
I've also already bought my first gift! will need to do some hunting and searching to track down the other two I have in mind  ;)
We sure are taking care of business, huh?
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2015, 08:14:47 am »
Damn, you guys and gals are on the money! I'm so excited to see so many people that have their stuff together. It's going to be a busy weekend, so I doubt I'll get my SS any gifts yet.

That said, next week I'll be in Cleveland and will be heading to one of my favorite game stores. I'll be buying some stuff for myself (of course) and I will be buying as much as I can for my giftee. I have this vision for a themed Christmas package that I think will be fun.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2015, 10:26:09 am »
Man ya'll are crazy! Its not even the weekend!!

karyann

« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2015, 12:50:11 pm »
I've also already bought my first gift! will need to do some hunting and searching to track down the other two I have in mind  ;)

High five for you, too!  ;)

I prefer to take care of things sooner now, because in the past I've missed many opportunities "in case I found something else" and ended up regretting. Not taking chances anymore now  :P

telly

« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2015, 07:31:36 pm »

High five for you, too!  ;)

I prefer to take care of things sooner now, because in the past I've missed many opportunities "in case I found something else" and ended up regretting. Not taking chances anymore now  :P

We rule! :)

For me, I have other items that I need to do some searching to find the right price, so I'm getting the easy stuff out of the way so I can focus on everything else
Currently Playing:

davifus

« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2015, 08:37:13 pm »
I know 100% that im going to over shoot the $50 limit. 2 games in and I'm already over 30 and I dont want to know shipping price.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:51:34 pm by davifus »

telly

« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2015, 08:38:21 pm »
I'm probably going to be over as well, I don't mind though.  :) I guess it's nice that we have a month so you can take the time to really search for a good deal if you need to.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:40:55 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2015, 12:43:36 am »
Visited three game shops and a thrift store today and only managed to find one incomplete copy of one game for my giftee going for $20 more than a new copy on Amazon. Surprising, considering most of the games on their wishlist are common current-gen titles. Guess I'll have to do what I do best and order online. I did find some non-Secret Santa Christmas gifts (and a couple games for myself ;)), so it's not like it's a total loss.

I'm also more than likely going to go over the $50 limit. Oh well. It's the holidays!
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

karyann

« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2015, 09:51:23 am »
Gah, one of the games I had found (called an EB Games to ask if they had it in stock) turned out to be in bad condition when I got there, so I'm down to only one found. More searching is in order!

devancowan

« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2015, 12:43:00 pm »
Finished up my SS shopping! Found a good deal on some stuff but it's addictive to want to give them just a little bit more!  :P

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2015, 05:23:40 pm »
Got my items! Glad to find them out in a store early and not have to find them online!! I'll be a bit over the $50 too, the way I've always seen it though it as a floor, as in you should expect to get or give $50 worth of stuff and anything above that is an extra as long as its not too excessive.