Author Topic: Secret Santa 2015 - Updated!  (Read 39499 times)

kashell

Re: Secret Santa 2015 - Updated!
« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2015, 08:53:46 am »
I doubt I'll wait until Christmas. I'll probably just wait until I have a really bad day and use it as an excuse to make me feel better.

Aww, have a hug instead! *hug*

But you're making me think I might just do the same, I'm having a terrible time at work and it'll last until at least Christmas. I haven't been around as much these past 2 weeks because, without entering into details, the company I work for might go bankrupt if things don't go well enough for the rest of the year. Since we want to keep our job, we're working a lot, and the anxiety is killing me. Every night when I get home, I'm just out of energy and can barely even play video games.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, I guess I just meant to say that I might have a strong temptation to open mine sooner just to feel better too  :o I'll have to have an extra strong will haha  :P

Hugs are physical rainbows! That's what I've always said, starting now. *hugs*

I'm right there with you regarding work. Yesterday, I was pulled to the side and told that my duties would be shifted. It was either adapt or leave. While the new duties aren't necessarily a bad thing, my problem comes with having to deal with a more rigid schedule. Usually, I get into the office around 7:00 AM. Now, I have to get in at 8:00 AM. While it does mean I can use this extra hour to work out in the morning instead of the afternoon, the fact that I have to follow such rigid guide lines and no longer have the flexibility I'm used to is a pain. In some ways, I find it insulting.

Have you already done the standard resume/CV updates? I know the last thing you want to do after a long day of work is do more stuff related to work, but taking a few moments to polish that bad-boy up will hopefully help in some way. Try not to work yourself too hard, either. Seriously, I did that once and it put me in the hospital. This was years ago when I was working in science labs, but still, it's not worth your physical/mental health.

I hope the job situation works out for you. Pretty girls like you should never frown!

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2015, 09:19:42 am »
Just recieved a package in the mail
How am I supposed to keep that unopened for a month???
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

tpugmire

« Reply #197 on: November 13, 2015, 09:58:04 am »
Speaking of stress at work, my job is about to become really fun. Being a FedEx guy at Christmas is awesome. 14 hour days, no lunch breaks, working 6 days a week.  That's not even counting the weather. Fun times to be had by all. ;)
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

soera

« Reply #198 on: November 13, 2015, 10:15:55 am »
Speaking of stress at work, my job is about to become really fun. Being a FedEx guy at Christmas is awesome. 14 hour days, no lunch breaks, working 6 days a week.  That's not even counting the weather. Fun times to be had by all. ;)

Ahhh the thrill of countless hours at work. You have me jealous.  :o

karyann

« Reply #199 on: November 13, 2015, 12:11:00 pm »
Hugs are physical rainbows! That's what I've always said, starting now. *hugs*

I'm right there with you regarding work. Yesterday, I was pulled to the side and told that my duties would be shifted. It was either adapt or leave. While the new duties aren't necessarily a bad thing, my problem comes with having to deal with a more rigid schedule. Usually, I get into the office around 7:00 AM. Now, I have to get in at 8:00 AM. While it does mean I can use this extra hour to work out in the morning instead of the afternoon, the fact that I have to follow such rigid guide lines and no longer have the flexibility I'm used to is a pain. In some ways, I find it insulting.

Have you already done the standard resume/CV updates? I know the last thing you want to do after a long day of work is do more stuff related to work, but taking a few moments to polish that bad-boy up will hopefully help in some way. Try not to work yourself too hard, either. Seriously, I did that once and it put me in the hospital. This was years ago when I was working in science labs, but still, it's not worth your physical/mental health.

I hope the job situation works out for you. Pretty girls like you should never frown!

Haha that's a good thing to have always said, even starting now  :) It sucks to suddenly get new restrictions, I can get to the office whenever I want and I'd hate to suddenly have no flexibility.  :-\

I did update my resume recently to apply on a 1-month week-end job for Nintendo (for which I never got any answer in the end, now that I think about it  :o). Honestly I've been wanting to look for a new job for a while, but I still don't know what I'd like to do yet. This could just be the kick in the butt that I needed to truly make some research and find what I want to do :) I did make way more progress in that regard in the last week than I did in the previous month, so there's definitely that.

I want to say "let's trade", but that would only do for a short time because novelty makes everything better but wears off quickly haha. Doing that all the time would be way not fun for me!

Just recieved a package in the mail
How am I supposed to keep that unopened for a month???

Hide it :) My personal best-working trick haha. If you're afraid you'll forget about it somehow, set a reminder on Google Calendar for Christmas day with the location. It doesn't need to be impossible to find either: Out of sight, out of mind is definitely enough. I usually put stuff on corner of shelves where I look less often.

« Reply #200 on: November 13, 2015, 12:28:58 pm »
Should I gift wrap the games before I put them in the box or not?

kashell

« Reply #201 on: November 13, 2015, 01:32:39 pm »
I think that's up to you. Last year, myself nor my SS did that. However, I know that some people did.

rayne315

« Reply #202 on: November 13, 2015, 01:54:29 pm »

just be that guy that wraps everything in 20+ layers of wrapping paper!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2015, 03:06:42 pm »

Yep, up to you, though I did and my SS did for me as well.

I liked to do it so that they could open up the regular box to make sure it wasn't something from someone else (or something they ordered).

I think the first year, I did it and Turf held back for like two hours from opening it after receiving it ::)

Also, I like to put my gift from SS under the tree, and a wrapped present is nice instead of a mailing box :D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2015, 04:41:13 pm »
I think the first year, I did it and Turf held back for like two hours from opening it after receiving it ::)

I think that's a good enough reason to wrap it  ;D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #205 on: November 13, 2015, 04:48:51 pm »

I think that's a good enough reason to wrap it  ;D

That's pretty accurate. 
I've held off so far.  I'm at least waiting until I ship mine out.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #206 on: November 13, 2015, 11:09:17 pm »
You guys have far more patience than I do. I don't think I have the willpower to wait until Christmas. It's not even Thanksgiving yet and I already have my holiday avatar out.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

telly

« Reply #207 on: November 14, 2015, 12:16:37 pm »
Hmmm, I need to think of a holiday avatar now that you mention it.. brb
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #208 on: November 14, 2015, 12:23:27 pm »
If someone can make a Kashell avatar with a Santa hat, that would be swell.

telly

« Reply #209 on: November 14, 2015, 12:59:26 pm »
How about this?  ;)

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 03:34:03 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery