Author Topic: What section would be best suited for promotional steelbook cases?  (Read 868 times)

gf78

Steelbook cases have become a fairly common promotional item these days, usually given as a preorder bonus.  What section do you guys suggest I list the new ones I have acquired in?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

karyann

Re: What section would be best suited for promotional steelbook cases?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 08:36:44 pm »
Currently, it seems that mostly they are under their respective system if it's the only case for the disc, or under Swag >  Carrying Cases & Bags if they're an additional bonus on top of the other, normal game case. I personally think that it's a good way to separate them and would continue with that logic.

Tl;dr:

- If it's the sole case to your game, enter the game as Steelbook Edition.
- If it's another case additionally to the normal game case, enter the steelbook separately under Swag >  Carrying Cases & Bags (since they're cases).

soera

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 09:02:44 pm »
- If it's the sole case to your game, enter the game as Steelbook Edition.
- If it's another case additionally to the normal game case, enter the steelbook separately under Swag >  Carrying Cases & Bags (since they're cases).

I find this to be a good suggestion.

gf78

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 08:43:17 am »
Sounds good.  They are preorder bonus cases, much like if you preordered Assassin's Creed III back in the day, you got a separate steelbook case as a bonus. 

I just wanted some feedback so we don't end up with steelbooks in 20 different categories.   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

karyann

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 12:25:51 pm »
Sounds good.  They are preorder bonus cases, much like if you preordered Assassin's Creed III back in the day, you got a separate steelbook case as a bonus. 

I just wanted some feedback so we don't end up with steelbooks in 20 different categories.   :P

That's a good thing to do :) You made me notice that some are misplaced, so it had another good effect.