Author Topic: 3DS Must Play Games!  (Read 3879 times)

Re: 3DS Must Play Games!
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2015, 01:24:31 am »
Even with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, I haven't gotten too much mileage out of my New 3DS either. 

I wasn't going the Graphic elitist direction, it was more about considering the console specs.  At this point we should be criticising the New 3DS itself.  Come to think of it, it's not often that you get a port to a console with inferior specs like this.  Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is a bit of an unusual case. 

Can we just specify that there's a difference between an inferior port and a bad port?  For the compromises it had to make for the console, I don't think they could of done much else.

I'm not sure there's really much difference between an inferior port or a bad port.  Both aren't very good and not things I'd recommend.  I don't even think Xenoblade Chronicles was a good choice to begin with for the system.  I'm sure others could've been chosen to show off the hardware and fit better on the system, maybe even benefited from the shift in hardware.  It's just so barebones and with the limitations it suffers, I just didn't think it was super worthwhile.

And sorry if it felt like I was being too confrontational.  Didn't mean it that way, it was just such a big disappointment to me this year, it's a sore spot.  I put 7 hours into the game, was very fed up with it, and very quickly sold it off on Ebay with Amiibo in tow lol  To me it was just too big of a game to stuff onto a handheld, at least for the current 3DS line.  The system just doesn't have the power for quality Wii level games.  Which makes me glad they did Chronicles on the 3DS, instead of Twilight Princess, which is looking to get a Wii U HD port.

indenton

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2015, 01:46:40 am »
Even with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, I haven't gotten too much mileage out of my New 3DS either. 

I wasn't going the Graphic elitist direction, it was more about considering the console specs.  At this point we should be criticising the New 3DS itself.  Come to think of it, it's not often that you get a port to a console with inferior specs like this.  Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is a bit of an unusual case. 

Can we just specify that there's a difference between an inferior port and a bad port?  For the compromises it had to make for the console, I don't think they could of done much else.

I'm not sure there's really much difference between an inferior port or a bad port.  Both aren't very good and not things I'd recommend.  I don't even think Xenoblade Chronicles was a good choice to begin with for the system.  I'm sure others could've been chosen to show off the hardware and fit better on the system, maybe even benefited from the shift in hardware.  It's just so barebones and with the limitations it suffers, I just didn't think it was super worthwhile.

And sorry if it felt like I was being too confrontational.  Didn't mean it that way, it was just such a big disappointment to me this year, it's a sore spot.  I put 7 hours into the game, was very fed up with it, and very quickly sold it off on Ebay with Amiibo in tow lol  To me it was just too big of a game to stuff onto a handheld, at least for the current 3DS line.  The system just doesn't have the power for quality Wii level games.

The game is definitely the biggest handheld game I've played, for better and for worse, and yes it was an unusual choice to port for the new 3DS.  Looks more like a "look what the new 3DS can do!" rather than "this is the definitive way to play Xenoblade Chronicles"

I stand by a philosophy that 'Nintendo knows how to turn a limitation on it's head' take a game put it on a supposedly under powered console and still make it look like the best damn thing on the market with silky smooth gameplay to boot, they just know how to strike that balance.  Seeing as Nintendo were not entirely involved with this port, it really seems like this game was just too ambitious for the poor thing. 

For crying out loud, just leave Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Wii U for now

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2015, 03:56:59 am »
Just FYI.

The Bravely Default demo is effing amazing!

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2015, 04:19:40 am »
Just FYI.

I actually need to pick up the game someday, especially before the sequel is released lol I played the demo and thought it was kinda cool, just never decided to pick it up.

indenton

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2015, 10:56:21 am »
Just FYI.

I picked up the Final Fantasy III remake on DS recently, it's weird seeing them looking somewhat similar, mainly the character models during combat.  I think I'll try out this Demo later too

maximo310

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2015, 12:54:18 pm »
I would like to clarify, if you couldn't tell, the legend of Zelda comparison was a joke, I'm not that 2-dimensional of a person.  Just trying to make this seem all in good fun instead of feeling miserable about myself.  It also doesn't feel good being completely outnumbered here.
It was a pretty silly joke to be honest. All I was trying to say was that the New 3DS port is not up to the high standards that I expected for Xenoblade, although I think it is just system limitations. It just can't compare, especially when the  new 3ds is only 240p.  Nintendo should have made a better choice to show the new 3DS power.