Author Topic: 3DS Must Play Games!  (Read 3639 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

3DS Must Play Games!
« on: October 15, 2015, 11:05:58 pm »
Late to the party I know, but I just got a new 3DS XL.

I haven't really kept up with mobile gaming after the regular gray DS.

Help me put together a wish list of must plays.

So far my list is:

• Resident Evil Revelations
  • Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Dead or Alive Dimensions
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:08:19 pm by dashv »

maximo310

Re: 3DS Must Play Games!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 11:45:11 pm »
If you're looking for some good 3DS games, theres some good suggestions here: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6571.0.html

Also, I wanna say that Dead or Alive Dimensions might be a bit of a dissapointment unless you want to play through story mode to learn the story and such. I think that Super Street Fighter IV 3DS/ or Tekken 3D Prime Edition might be better options for a fighting game on the 3DS.

pacpix

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 11:53:59 pm »
If you have never played the two N64 Zelda games the 3DS remakes are fantastic.  Also be sure to check out Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 12:15:43 am »
Bravely Default
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (eshop only)
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Super Mario 3D Land

tpugmire

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 10:28:56 am »
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is pretty fun.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 11:09:07 am »
Fire Emblem: Awakening and Super Smash Bros. 4 are two of my favorite 3DS options.

I write for a video game/movie/book review blog that can be found here

telly

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 11:32:03 am »
Fire Emblem: Awakening and Super Smash Bros. 4 are two of my favorite 3DS options.

I really enjoyed Fire Emblem Awakening as well. Highly recommended!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 01:37:15 pm »
If you're looking for some good 3DS games, theres some good suggestions here: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6571.0.html

Yup, some definitely good stuff on that thread (and a good reminder that there are so many great DS games that many have yet to play).

Also, Nintendo has given out some demo codes for folks for to try out the multiplayer in the new Tri Force Heroes. Check your inbox - you might have some codes in there!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 05:06:29 pm »
Most games for the system are pretty decent! Here are a few of my must own suggestions though:

- Tales of the Abyss
- Tomodachi life
- Bravely Default
- Puzzles and Dragons.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

And ofc there are the expected Mario, Pokemon and other Nintendo games i didn't need to list here. :P

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 06:32:29 pm »
I'm going to counter the idea that Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is worth getting.  I think it's actually a pretty bad port that they did very little with to actually accommodate being on the 3DS hardware.  It plays, but it does nothing well.

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 11:00:40 pm »
Fire Emblem: Awakening  - A must play.
Bravely Default - A great JRPG with amazing music.
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning - I'm a huge Harvest Moon fan and this is probably the best addition to the series recently.
Pokemon: Y/X - One of the best Pokemon games to date.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2015, 02:40:43 am »
Downloaded the demo for Bravely Default.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 03:38:30 am »
Holy crap, it's an awesome demo!

Getting the game!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2015, 04:11:24 am »
I'm going to counter the idea that Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is worth getting.  I think it's actually a pretty bad port that they did very little with to actually accommodate being on the 3DS hardware.  It plays, but it does nothing well.

Yeah, the 3DS port looked like pixilated meh to me.

I already have the Wii version so I'm thinking I'm going to pass on the 3DS version.

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 04:29:02 am »

Yeah, the 3DS port looked like pixilated meh to me.

I already have the Wii version so I'm thinking I'm going to pass on the 3DS version.

The downgrade was significant and I would say the textures are actually very ugly.  There's pretty significant slow down in parts such as boss fights.  Also they didn't do anything to make it functional with the 3DS such as the touch screen with menus.  Basically where games from the N64 benefited from being brought to the 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles suffered.  I'm not really sure why they thought it was a good idea to do this.