Author Topic: The (Probably) Impossible Challenge  (Read 1437 times)

docsarcastic

The (Probably) Impossible Challenge
« on: October 18, 2015, 08:43:03 am »
I was looking at all my games yesterday and I thought to myself "Wow, I've played none of these." So, I decided to take action. I'm going to finish/complete every single game I own. On average I buy maybe 2 - 3 games per week, I have 700 games and I've completed six of them to what I would call completion. It'll give me something I do I suppose and I can keep you all updated if you're interested.

Take a look over my games, follow me or whatever and tell me which games will be easy/hard, give me some tips and advice for finishing all of these games because by the looks of it I'll need a lot of help. I'm not going to lie, I'm not the best at games, I'm average at games, not the best but certainly not the worst. So doing this will help increase my skill of multiple game genres and hopefully give you the courage to finish some harder games.

Here's how it's going to work:

FOR A GAME TO BE ACKNOWLEDGED AS COMPLETED:

- Finish the game
- Collect all collectables
- Collect all achievements (Xbox 360/Xbox One/Steam)
- Sport games such as Fifa/WWE - Manager Mode completed/Road to Wrestlemanai completed + most achievements
- If a game is impossibly bad/terrible, I will count completion as seeing the credits roll

I'll keep you updated on how it's going. Here's the list of games I've finished on a Google Docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1krQwdYB3bJPHUy54OwKNI-0GXWGXEtvxiewd0RjDPus/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to add me on Steam/Xbox 360 to help me complete some games

Steam: Doc. Sarcastic
Xbox Live: Epic sn1pers

Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 02:06:01 pm by docsarcastic »
I write books, collect games and achievements and so on. Considered pure, molten evil by many.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
- Everything

VGCollect stuff: https://vgcollect.com/about/DocSarcastic

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: The (Probably) Impossible Challenge
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 11:52:03 am »
Holy cow.

Good luck!

devancowan

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 11:54:08 am »
You're going to have to have a lot of time on your hands and never buy another game! Good luck man  :)

telly

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 09:27:12 pm »
Definitely mad props for taking this challenge on man. I personally have been trying to beat every game I own, but completing every one is a challenge for the ages! Good luck!  :o
Currently Playing:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch), Super Paper Mario (Wii)

My music collection | My Backloggery

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 10:27:53 pm »
I've contemplated this before. I've completed every Wii U game I've bought so far but I/ can't imagine the daunting task you have ahead of you.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 12:32:13 am »
Yikes. Yet another reason why 90% of my collection is memorabilia. Wish you the best, man.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 11:37:05 am »
Good Luck.  That's all I can say. 

A little bit of advise though: Don't go for 100% every game.  If you can see the credits roll, you've finished the game.  Keep it fun.  If a games sucks, at least you can just finish the story and move on. 

Good Luck!  Have Fun!

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 03:07:42 pm »
Good Luck.  That's all I can say. 

A little bit of advise though: Don't go for 100% every game.  If you can see the credits roll, you've finished the game.  Keep it fun.  If a games sucks, at least you can just finish the story and move on. 

Good Luck!  Have Fun!

I agree with Turf. Seeing the credits roll = finished game for me.  Anything else is extra for folks who want it.  But I'm not the sort who's into platinuming a game - there are too many other games out there for me to spend hours and hours doing some of the crazy things the achievements ask for.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

docsarcastic

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 03:11:50 pm »
Yeah, gotta agree with yah on the "see the credits = finished game" because some games are extremely long, difficult, have glitched achievements and so on.
I write books, collect games and achievements and so on. Considered pure, molten evil by many.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
- Everything

VGCollect stuff: https://vgcollect.com/about/DocSarcastic