Author Topic: Why do PSP UMDS suck?  (Read 1401 times)

Why do PSP UMDS suck?
« on: February 22, 2012, 12:31:15 pm »
Lately I've been noticing that most PSP UMDs, that I find are breaking right down the middle of the white plastic protection layer. Is there a way to fix this? I do find a lot of good psp games at thrift stores but I don't purchase them, it's a shame that most people don't take care of their stuff.
I'm pretty sure there's no way to fix them but just in case I thought I would ask this question.

darko

Re: Why do PSP UMDS suck?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 12:39:11 pm »
You can buy replacement UMD cases.

Amazon

Ebay

How To

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 12:44:43 pm »
thanks for the reply. I was just currently watching a video about this. I should have done my research first lol

matt

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 02:42:21 pm »
I had no clue there were sold. No use to me but it's good to know there is a solution!

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 01:03:47 pm »
Yeah, I don't know how I stumbled upon the knowledge of those replacement cases, but it looks like Gamefly knows about them too as I've rented a few games with them that do not have the original PSP UMD case.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 03:12:00 pm »
I've never found a PSP game where this has been a problem but it's good to know that they exist just in case.

scott

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 04:07:48 pm »
My copy of Valkyrie Profile Lenneth has a split case. I think the reason it's coming apart is due to how PSP games clip into the clamshell.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 07:04:03 pm »
I've found this really good video on youtube, right after i posted this thread, if anyone want's to learn more about this click the link down below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Px2VMOMOo