Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 202350 times)

argyle

did lrg officially switch to a pre-order model instead of a single defined batch model?
No.  Kingdom is preorder because switch.  Musynx is pre-order because the switch version is full retail.

Everspace will also be open preorder but that's because they want all of the folks who preordered it from places to have a bit of time to order from them since the BadLands release was cancelled.

OK, you just answered my question before I asked it. :)  I knew I had seen this up for preorder at Gamestop so I was really confused. I've enjoyed the XBOne version, so I'll grab it on PS4 to have a physical copy.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

Children of Zodiarcs devs just sent out an email to Kickstarter backers. Here's a bit of the email:

With the PS4 patch now done, we can move forward with prepping the final physical version, which involves a few distribution related operations (submissions to ESRB and Sony) and of course, printing the disks… and the box art!

We’re proud to announce that we’ll be working with Limited Run Games on the physical copies of the PS4 version. We’ve been talking with them for a long time so it’s super cool to be able to say this out loud! This also means that in addition to the copies reserved to backers, the rest of the run will be available for sale through Limited Run Games, for anyone who wants a (or additional!) physical copy of the game.

Honestly, I don’t know how long these remaining steps will take since we’ve never gone through this for physical games before, so I can’t really give a reliable delivery estimate, but I can say that we are tackling the last steps required to produce them.

Just wanted to pass along the word for any who were interested in getting a physical copy.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

Children of Zodiarcs devs just sent out an email to Kickstarter backers. Here's a bit of the email:

With the PS4 patch now done, we can move forward with prepping the final physical version, which involves a few distribution related operations (submissions to ESRB and Sony) and of course, printing the disks… and the box art!

We’re proud to announce that we’ll be working with Limited Run Games on the physical copies of the PS4 version. We’ve been talking with them for a long time so it’s super cool to be able to say this out loud! This also means that in addition to the copies reserved to backers, the rest of the run will be available for sale through Limited Run Games, for anyone who wants a (or additional!) physical copy of the game.

Honestly, I don’t know how long these remaining steps will take since we’ve never gone through this for physical games before, so I can’t really give a reliable delivery estimate, but I can say that we are tackling the last steps required to produce them.

Just wanted to pass along the word for any who were interested in getting a physical copy.

Oh, awesome! Glad I never got around to picking it up. :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

July 6th
Night Trap Switch
Observer PS4
Magicka 2 PS4
Everspace PS4

July 13th
Exile's End

July 20th
Thumper (NS/PS4)
Hue (PS4/Vita)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:18:36 am by ignition365 »

desocietas

Thumper on the 20th
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

July 6th
Night Trap Switch
Observer PS4
Magicka 2 PS4
Everspace PS4

July 13th
Exile's End

Tempted by Observer, Magicka 2 and Everspace - ouch! We'll see...

dashv

PRO Supporter

Would anyone here be willing to try to snag an extra copy of the CE of Night Trap for me?

I’ll be on a plane Friday. :(

Check my feedback, I’m good for it.

Magicka 2 will not include a manual or dlc on the disc.

July 13th is a break, Exile's End is moved to later this month.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 09:20:21 am by ignition365 »

desocietas

Magicka 2 will not include a manual or dlc on the disc.

I was bummed seeing that news from Douglas about Magicka 2... I was really hoping that the DLC and something like a manual would be included, even if it cost a bit more. Having DLC on a disc for the future would've really sold me on it. But at this point I'll probably skip on that one.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

Yeah, I'll be getting Night Trap in some form, Observer, and Kingdom: New Lands.  Might go for the CE for Night Trap... Really depends on whether or not it's the original 6 way VHS thing that was originally planned, or if it is just a plain VHS tape with the game in the form of a non-interactive film.

dashv

PRO Supporter

Found someone on twitter that is gonna try to pick up a copy of the CE for me.

turf

PRO Supporter

Man, I’m glad.  I know you wanted it.

dashv

PRO Supporter

Man, I’m glad.  I know you wanted it.

Got it. :)

Flashback2012

Huzzah! Congrats dashv!  ;D

Hopefully I'm not crazy but I saw nothing about Everspace PS4 this morning.  :P

desocietas

Huzzah! Congrats dashv!  ;D

Hopefully I'm not crazy but I saw nothing about Everspace PS4 this morning.  :P

Huh, you're right. I'll check on what's going on with that one.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas