Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 201057 times)

I didn't see anyone post about this so I thought i'd throw it out there.

Not Limited Run, but Play-Asia has some exclusive, new very limited SHMUPs coming out:

Shikhondo: Soul Eater (Limited Edition): 2500 copies - Switch
Shikhondo: Soul Eater (Standard Edition): 2500 copies - Switch
Shikhondo: Soul Eater (Limited Edition): 3000 copies - PS4
Dimension Drive (Limited Edition): 3000 copies - Switch
Dimension Drive (standard Edition): 2000 copies - Switch
So just realized or forgot that we had a Play Asia Exclusives thread. All well, just a friendly reminder some place else.

desocietas

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

Yeah someone posted a few weeks back : https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,8309.msg155556.html#msg155556

That would be me. ;)

It still baffles me how ignored the P-A exclusive releases are (not just here, but judging by how long they take to sell out everywhere). The amount of bang for your buck compared to LRG isn't even close. I guess the word "import" just scares people off, even tho - especially now that they offer free shipping on all of their exclusive releases - there's literally no difference. Some might argue ship time, but given that I have LRG orders that still don't even have a ship date (or window) that I'm aware of that doesn't track either. Guess I shouldn't really complain, I like not having to fight to order their releases - but at the same time, I want them to do well enough to keep doing them.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

I agree. I have the entire full PS4 set and its actually my favorite subset of all my PS4 games.

tripredacus

I am seeing that Senko no Ronde 2, standard edition, has a reversible cover. And both covers can be found in sealed packaging. Which of the covers is the primary one?

They're 50/50 so there isn't really a primary one... but the first one they display on the site is the yellow one.

tripredacus

The entry on the side for the Standard Edition had both covers, and was thus a "franken-entry" into our DB. I have changed it to this cover:
https://vgcollect.com/item/143223

So the other cover never had its own entry in the db (in either case) so we should put some terms on the title. IDK if you think "mech suits cover" vs "cast cover" or you want to use colors or what-not. Also, the other cover should be made as its own entry.

PAX version fixed artwork: https://vgcollect.com/item/142627

Limited Edition removed front art: https://vgcollect.com/item/143772
As I could not find a picture of what this one looks like AND images with watermarks are not allowed. I have not been targeting these LRG entries that have the watermark on them, but the rest of the LRG games need this fixed. I will look into a way to get appropriate images of these releases, as it seems many are not sold in secondary market and/or people taking good pictures of what they look like.

So I would recommend you LRG collectors try getting some pictures of these games to replace the watermarked images in the db.

desocietas

So I would recommend you LRG collectors try getting some pictures of these games to replace the watermarked images in the db.

Yeah, I wanna go through those and clean them up. I have some of the LRG items and finally a scanner at home.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

The only two I have are Shantae and Broken Age which should be up to date, but I can at least update Cosmic Star Heroine when that gets shipped out
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

soera

Watermarks are one thing if its someone else's property. But I actually like the official LRG pics from their own forum for the games.

telly

I don't like the sideways angled shot that they put the games at, it doesn't look good with the rest of the database.
Currently Playing:

desocietas

I don't like the sideways angled shot that they put the games at, it doesn't look good with the rest of the database.

That's where I'm at with it as well. I'd rather be able to see clearly what the cover looks like, and the angle skews that.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

Hurray Bastion was open preorder  ;D

Honestly most of the titles off Limited Run are shovelware; but it's great when they do top games like this so I can have them on the shelf.

telly

Is Bastion any good? I've heard of the name before but don't know much about the game.
Currently Playing:

Is Bastion any good? I've heard of the name before but don't know much about the game.
It's a really good game in my opinion.

It's an action RPG; that seems to take inspiration from 2D Zelda but it's more linear.

A fun way to spend 6-8 hours.