Author Topic: December 2015- Tis the Pickups thread  (Read 23750 times)

Re: December 2015- Tis the Pickups thread
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2015, 03:24:22 pm »
Picked up some trade bait today... Well most of it is trade bait, I'm keeping Lego Star Wars for myself. Madden '12 is SOMEHOW worth $22 on VGPC, apparently being one of the last releases on a platform will spike the price, even if it's a sports game.

spac316

« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2015, 07:04:30 pm »
Got Blur for XBox 360.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2015, 07:58:16 pm »
Got Blur for XBox 360.

The demo was a lot of fun. That one has been on my wishlist for a while. Just haven't come across a copy yet in my travels (and I'm just not into racing games enough to bother eBaying it).

spac316

« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2015, 09:01:55 pm »
Got Blur for XBox 360.

The demo was a lot of fun. That one has been on my wishlist for a while. Just haven't come across a copy yet in my travels (and I'm just not into racing games enough to bother eBaying it).
Yeah, it's like Mario Kart meets Need for Speed. I love it. To bad we may not see a sequel. Got mine at Goodwill for $5.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:37:07 am by spac316 »

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2015, 03:20:54 pm »
I wanted to keep my wallet closed this month (i spend a bit too much on gifts :-[ ) but you all know what happens when you pass next to a shop that can have a few games to sell, right ;) ?

I found a few books in a... shop that get what's left of other shop when they close or when they have to clear their stock and sell them at very low price (how you call that type of shop in english... a destocking shop ? a Clearance shop ?)... well anyway, i've found 3 Official Guides (GTA5, Assassin's Creed Rogue and Batman Arkham Knight), a artbook for Warhammer Mark of Chaos and 2 books on Dungeons & Dragons, the price for each book was 2,99€ and everything was still new.

In the same shop i've found a few games and DVD too, i start with the dvd with the Korean Drama Damo in two volumes (2,50 € each box) and the DVD Arietty (1,99€), and next the games with Syndicate (PC), Contrast Collector's Edition (PC), Trine 2 Complete Collection (PC), Guild Wars Platinum Edition (PC), Robotech Battlecry (XBox) and Epic Mickey 2 (Wii), all games was at 0,99€ each except for Epic Mickey 2 who was at 3,99€ (and that's not everything, i've found some accesory too, like a memory card (emerald) for the PS1 and a AC-DC adapter set for the Gameboy advance for 1,99€ each and like everything else still new and sealed, seriously i love that shop).

And to finish, of course a copy of Xenocross Limited Edition for 64€ (i think that the only game i've buy Day one in the whole year... well if i don't count the Kickstarter projects i've backed), the 5th Freedom Edition for Splinter Cell Blacklist found new for 9€ on a online shop, then in a garage-sale 3 gamecube games for 2€ each (Star Wars the Clone Wars, Star Wars Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes), the first two season of Battlestar Galactica for the same price, the Romdo Chronicles Edition for Ergo Proxy (the french collector's edition 8) ) for 5€, and to finish the game & watch Donkey Kong Jr (still like new) and a obscure one called Cook & Dog (i can't find anything on this one except that it was made in Hong-Kong and there is two french version of it, the one i have and another with the name translated in french "Chef et Chien") for 0,50€ each :o.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:26:24 pm by metshael »

davifus

« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2015, 03:26:20 pm »
That Ergo Proxy. Wow, so nice.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2015, 04:25:00 pm »
Dude!  Game & Watches in the wild?  Wow.  Chef and Dog???  I don't have that one.  If you want to make a few euro and don't care to ship to the States, I'm very interested.

Edit:  It's not a Game & Watch.  I'm still interested though. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2015, 12:07:45 am »
Oh yeah, it is mine!

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2015, 02:08:21 am »
I've been buying quite a bit lately. Probably need to hold back but deals man. Deals.

Anyway.

Bought a Game Park GP32, which came with Dungeon & Guarder, Little Wizard, Astonishia Story R, and Her Knights. The GP32 games were loose though. Guy was also running a buy 3 get 10% off deal so I went ahead and added on Steel Diver for 3DS, and Iron Soldier for Atari Jaguar, which totaled to be $179 for everything (don't even have a Jaguar YET, but hoping to get one relatively soon. That and a 3DO). Also got Blue Angelo: Angels from the Shrine for GP32 complete for $35. Never see it on eBay and the fact that it completely ripped off DBZ art on the cover slightly interested me, and it looks semi-decent.

Also just got a membership for Best Buy's GCU along with a copy of Shovel Knight for the PS4 cuz I've held off on getting it for a while.

Also won a PS2 auction for $16. Contains Turok: Evolution, Twisted Metal: Black, Ultimate Board Game Collection, Virtua Fighter 4, Wave Rally, World Championship Poker, Rogue Galaxy, High Heat Baseball 2002, Guitar Hero II, and Top Angler. Rogue Galaxy is what really caught my eye though. On top of that won a Xbox auction for $11 containing the Doom 3 Collector's Edition, Aquaman (ew), Demon Stone, Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows, and X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse.

On top of that put an add out on Craigslist looking for games and gonna be picking up a very nice lot of Atari 2600 and Colecovision games for $225 that happens to be worth about $400.

So yeah. Been doing pretty well lately I'd think.

« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2015, 08:09:35 am »
Made a trade for Parasite Eve (PSX), Resident Evil 2 (GCN), and Killer Instinct Gold (N64).

Made a trade for Run Saber (SNES) and Battletoads in Battlemaniacs (SNES).

Working on a trade for a few N64 games.

Picked up the Link and Scervo F4F statues from Gamestop because they were marked down to $30 and $50 respectively.

Traded a stack of crap NES games for Amiibo Festival game and KK Slider and Cyrus amiibos.

Bought some component cables for one of my xboxes.  Now the wife and I can both play Steel Battalion at the same time.  Now I just need to wire the house up for ethernet properly.

Bought Sum of All Fears for GCN.  I find it interesting that the PS2 and PC versions of the title have cover art depicting Ben Affleck and Morgan Freeman, but from what it sounds like, the game is basically Rainbow Six.  Whereas, the GCN version has cover art that looks like Counter Strike/Rainbow Six.

Knocked a good handful of games off of my wishlist.  I think getting under 200 is too easy of a goal for next year.  Though once I get most of my top ten knocked out, or once I run out of trade bait, I'll probably stop knocking stuff off the list.

gf78

« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2015, 08:54:23 am »
Picked up a few goodies.

God of War Ascension Bronze Kratos statue GameStop Exclusive (same statue as the CE of Ascension, just bronze colored)
The Last of US PS3 like-new (had this but somehow it never made it into my collection list...)
Walmart Gamecenter Magazine #36 (five copies...LOL)
Gaems Optic Gaming Personal Gaming Environment Amazon Exclusive (briefcase with built-in HD LED and holds a system)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

soera

« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2015, 10:02:27 am »
Walmart Gamecenter Magazine #36

Funny you mention this one. I just picked up my copy last night and thats a full 3 years of issues I have now. I need to get started on taking pics of the ones not in the database now.

gf78

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2015, 10:24:39 am »

Funny you mention this one. I just picked up my copy last night and thats a full 3 years of issues I have now. I need to get started on taking pics of the ones not in the database now.

I already added them up through issue #36 bud!   ;)

I wish I could find my missing issues.  It's just hit & miss at the local Wallyworld(s).  I think the longest run of them carrying every issue has been from around #30 to #36.

Currently missing:  8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 21, 24, 26, 27 and 29. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 10:34:24 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2015, 10:29:49 am »
Madden 15 Ps4
NHL 15 ps4
NBA 2k15 ps4

good thing about buying the last years sports games, they are super cheap :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

soera

« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2015, 11:56:45 am »

I already added them up through issue #36 bud!   ;)

I wish I could find my missing issues.  It's just hit & miss at the local Wallyworld(s).  I think the longest run of them carrying every issue has been from around #30 to #36.

Currently missing:  8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 21, 24, 26, 27 and 29.

Woo thanks bro, you rock. Yeah I had a span where I had to comb several Wamalarts in my area to find the ones I was missing. I dont know how interested you are in finishing the set but there are a few people on Ebay that sell some of these. Its usually the same issues but it could be some of the ones you dont have.