Author Topic: December 2015- Tis the Pickups thread  (Read 23735 times)

Re: December 2015- Tis the Pickups thread
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2015, 06:01:19 pm »
Was Christmas shopping and somehow a Yarn Yoshi Amiibo got in my cart. Don't know how it happened,  but I'll keep it anyways
That's what they all say :D

« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2015, 06:03:12 pm »
Bought some stuff over the past few days.....

Wii U:
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors

Wii:
Mario Kart Wii

Gamecube:
Smash Bros Melee

PS4:
Dragon Quest Heroes

PS1:
Vandal Hearts (Condition Upgrade)

soera

« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2015, 11:45:29 pm »
Bought some stuff over the past few days.....

PS4:
Dragon Quest Heroes

Perfection!!!

Flashback2012

« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2015, 01:52:12 am »
This week's pickups...

Interactive Figures
Crypt Crusher (SuperChargers) (GS B2G1F)
Dive Bomber (SuperChargers) (GS B2G1F)
Stealth Stinger (SuperChargers) (GS B2G1F)
Stormblade (SuperChargers) (GS Skylander's Club took $10 off price  :))
The LEGO Movie Fun Pack (Unikitty) (Dimensions) (Free w/ purchase of the Starter Pack  :D)

PS3
Digimon: All-Star Rumble
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Rang up as $27.99 but was stickered at $7.49...they honored the sticker  :D)
Warriors: Legends of Troy

PS4
LEGO Dimensions Starter Kit (Marked down @ Meijer to $59.99 + 10% General Merchandise from weekend sale)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2015, 03:32:40 am »
Those Lego dimensions packs are insane expensive.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2015, 08:44:18 am »
Those Lego dimensions packs are insane expensive.

The model they've set up for that makes me feel better.  Instead of a new game every few years, they're doing those level packs at $35.  It not to bad. The boy had to choose between Disney Infinity and this year.  I can't keep up with 3 games.

« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2015, 09:40:46 am »
Bought Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals (N64), Resident Evil 2 (GCN), Donkey Kong Land 2 (GB), Chibi Robo (GCN), and Ren and Stimpy Buckaroos (SNES) from Amazon.  They were all suspiciously 30% under retail, marked in good to very good condition, and some from brand new sellers.

Beast Wars came in yesterday, works and is in fairly good shape.  Resident Evil 2 and Donkey Kong Land 2 come in the mail today, Resident Evil 2 is supposed to be complete and the picture for DKL2 looked in good shape.  Ren and Stimpy said good condition, no tears or scatches, I don't think it is worth enough for someone to justify making a repro, but it was pretty cheap, so I'm concerned.  Chibi-Robo had no pictures or description, but said Very Good condition, so hopefully it's CIB.

« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2015, 10:09:40 am »
I really need to buy some famicom games since they work on the Retron5.

DO IT! So cheap. Many fun!

gf78

« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2015, 12:58:02 pm »

Did you intentionally write that in "bad engrish?" 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

karyann

« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2015, 03:53:29 pm »

Did you intentionally write that in "bad engrish?"

Probably a Doge reference.

« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2015, 05:28:16 pm »
Bought Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals (N64), Resident Evil 2 (GCN), Donkey Kong Land 2 (GB), Chibi Robo (GCN), and Ren and Stimpy Buckaroos (SNES) from Amazon.  They were all suspiciously 30% under retail, marked in good to very good condition, and some from brand new sellers.

Beast Wars came in yesterday, works and is in fairly good shape.  Resident Evil 2 and Donkey Kong Land 2 come in the mail today, Resident Evil 2 is supposed to be complete and the picture for DKL2 looked in good shape.  Ren and Stimpy said good condition, no tears or scatches, I don't think it is worth enough for someone to justify making a repro, but it was pretty cheap, so I'm concerned.  Chibi-Robo had no pictures or description, but said Very Good condition, so hopefully it's CIB.
So an update on this.  Ren and Stimpy said Like New condition for SNES.  I just received it.  It's a sticky cartridge, with a peeling label... and to top all of that off...

It's the NES version.

desocietas

« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2015, 07:10:06 pm »

So an update on this.  Ren and Stimpy said Like New condition for SNES.  I just received it.  It's a sticky cartridge, with a peeling label... and to top all of that off...

It's the NES version.

*facepalm*

I don't trust most marketplace sellers unless there's some photo or a very good description... Sorry to hear it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

spac316

« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2015, 07:29:18 pm »
Received these in the mail today. Tenryu Genichiro no Pro Wrestling Revolution(which was released outside Japan as Hammerlock Wrestling) and Super FirePro III(Easy Type) for SFC!

Couple more to add into my Wrestling game collection. ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:31:11 pm by spac316 »

« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2015, 10:12:17 pm »
I have really cut down on the amount of hunting i do for games in the wild. The main reason for this is because of the massive reseller/collector scene in my area and that all the thrift stores and flea markets have become attuned to game collecting being popular and have jacked their prices up accordingly. This still doesn't  stop me for feeling the itch to go out and look for cheap games like it's 2011 all over again. And occasionally I get really lucky, like today!

These finds come from about four different places. None of the PS2 games were over $5(Silent Hill being the catch of the day at a whopping $1), and the retro Nintendo stuff was $4 each from a thrift. Gitaroo Man was bought at a game store across town for a little under Ebay, but it was worth it considering it's one of my favorites on the PS2.

gf78

« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2015, 10:07:41 am »
*facepalm*

I don't trust most marketplace sellers unless there's some photo or a very good description... Sorry to hear it.

I absolutely hate, hate hate hate hate! buying from Amazon marketplace!

I took a chance on the Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition for the PS3 for $26.  I should have known better.  But the seller had a 98% positive rating and the "blurb" (because that's all the description you usually get) said LIKE-NEW.

Well, it arrived.  The box looked really good.  I opened it up.  Small bend in the art book that wasn't too bad.  Pulled the box with the statue out.  They were brand new, still tie-wrapped into the plastic. 

So you ask, what is the problem?  There's no friggin' game in the box!!!!   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  I contacted the seller and we agreed on a $14 refund which is what I paid to buy a separate copy of the game to complete the set.  But it's just infuriating.  Before I even bought it, I looked all over for a button, email address...ANYTHING that would let me contact the seller to ask about the item.  Nada.  It wasn't until after I bought & paid that Amazon gave me the option to contact the seller where they would answer me back directly. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us