Author Topic: December 2015- Tis the Pickups thread  (Read 23716 times)

Re: December 2015- Tis the Pickups thread
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2015, 10:20:42 am »
*facepalm*

I don't trust most marketplace sellers unless there's some photo or a very good description... Sorry to hear it.

I absolutely hate, hate hate hate hate! buying from Amazon marketplace!

I took a chance on the Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition for the PS3 for $26.  I should have known better.  But the seller had a 98% positive rating and the "blurb" (because that's all the description you usually get) said LIKE-NEW.

Well, it arrived.  The box looked really good.  I opened it up.  Small bend in the art book that wasn't too bad.  Pulled the box with the statue out.  They were brand new, still tie-wrapped into the plastic. 

So you ask, what is the problem?  There's no friggin' game in the box!!!!   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  I contacted the seller and we agreed on a $14 refund which is what I paid to buy a separate copy of the game to complete the set.  But it's just infuriating.  Before I even bought it, I looked all over for a button, email address...ANYTHING that would let me contact the seller to ask about the item.  Nada.  It wasn't until after I bought & paid that Amazon gave me the option to contact the seller where they would answer me back directly.
I absolutely agree.  It's difficult to contact a seller, and then when you do contact a seller, they never respond.  The few times I've had a seller respond, their response is basically "Read the description of the product" or "We have so many products we can't possibly describe them all".  It's your eff-ing job.  I've even seen a few with pictures where the description explicitly says "Photos do not represent the product you will receive"... uh then why have the non-stock photos uploaded?

I was gifted a fairly sizable Amazon gift card.  So I'm trying to knock things off my wishlist with that money on games that are a decent price on amazon.

Seller told me to return it and he would refund me in full.  As soon as I'm refunded I'm leaving 1 star feedback, not that that ever does anything.  The few times I've attempted to leave negative or low feedback anywhere it generally gets over turned for some bs.

gf78

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2015, 10:45:29 am »
Yesterday my PlayStation VR 2015 Christmas Ornament and card arrived!  The ornament is pretty heavy and is a replica of the VR headset.  Above it is a snowflake with 2015 on it.  It comes in a blue gift box with the PlayStation logo on the top.  The card is really, really nice.  It's a 3-way gatefold.  The front has the "PlayStation 20th Anniversary" logo in the center, surrounded by portraits of various characters through PlayStation history.  The inside has a rolling timeline with pics and info from important dates in PlayStation history.  The back of the card and the envelope it comes in have cute abominable snowmen on them and snowflakes. 

I'll post pics when I get the chance.   
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2015, 10:51:48 am »
*facepalm*

I don't trust most marketplace sellers unless there's some photo or a very good description... Sorry to hear it.

I absolutely hate, hate hate hate hate! buying from Amazon marketplace!

I took a chance on the Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition for the PS3 for $26.  I should have known better.  But the seller had a 98% positive rating and the "blurb" (because that's all the description you usually get) said LIKE-NEW.

Well, it arrived.  The box looked really good.  I opened it up.  Small bend in the art book that wasn't too bad.  Pulled the box with the statue out.  They were brand new, still tie-wrapped into the plastic. 

So you ask, what is the problem?  There's no friggin' game in the box!!!!   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  I contacted the seller and we agreed on a $14 refund which is what I paid to buy a separate copy of the game to complete the set.  But it's just infuriating.  Before I even bought it, I looked all over for a button, email address...ANYTHING that would let me contact the seller to ask about the item.  Nada.  It wasn't until after I bought & paid that Amazon gave me the option to contact the seller where they would answer me back directly.
I absolutely agree.  It's difficult to contact a seller, and then when you do contact a seller, they never respond.  The few times I've had a seller respond, their response is basically "Read the description of the product" or "We have so many products we can't possibly describe them all".  It's your eff-ing job.  I've even seen a few with pictures where the description explicitly says "Photos do not represent the product you will receive"... uh then why have the non-stock photos uploaded?

I was gifted a fairly sizable Amazon gift card.  So I'm trying to knock things off my wishlist with that money on games that are a decent price on amazon.

Seller told me to return it and he would refund me in full.  As soon as I'm refunded I'm leaving 1 star feedback, not that that ever does anything.  The few times I've attempted to leave negative or low feedback anywhere it generally gets over turned for some bs.

Yep.  It sucks.  I'm much more of an eBayer because I can look at the listings, pics, etc.  I talked about it awhile back in another thread, but I always looks for sellers that have high ratings, post pictures and a fairly thorough description.  Out of thousands of transactions, I've only felt burned probably four or five times.  And with eBay's policies, you get your money back. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2015, 11:34:04 am »
Dude!  Game & Watches in the wild?  Wow.  Chef and Dog???  I don't have that one.  If you want to make a few euro and don't care to ship to the States, I'm very interested.

Edit:  It's not a Game & Watch.  I'm still interested though.

I'm sorry but that one will stay in my collection, DK Jr. was maybe like new but Cook & Dog is not in the same condition, it's scratched all over and the battery cover is missing, it's in a very sad state to sell it to someone (especially to another collector).

I found a few more games in a little flea market, Sly 3, Sonic Unleashed, Viewtiful Joe (1€ each), Actraiser 2 (5€) and Sword of Mana (7€). Also got a Link Cable (for PS1) and two Official Guides (Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow & Burnout 3 Takedown) for 1,99€ each in the same shop that i was talking the other day (so it's was still new and sealed 8) ) and in a thrift store i've got Killer Instinct (10,99€), Okami (16,99€) and Dynasty Warriors Advance (6,99€).

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:37:34 am by metshael »

« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2015, 02:51:20 pm »
ebay ftw

karyann

« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2015, 04:16:07 pm »
Yesterday my PlayStation VR 2015 Christmas Ornament and card arrived!  The ornament is pretty heavy and is a replica of the VR headset.  Above it is a snowflake with 2015 on it.  It comes in a blue gift box with the PlayStation logo on the top.  The card is really, really nice.  It's a 3-way gatefold.  The front has the "PlayStation 20th Anniversary" logo in the center, surrounded by portraits of various characters through PlayStation history.  The inside has a rolling timeline with pics and info from important dates in PlayStation history.  The back of the card and the envelope it comes in have cute abominable snowmen on them and snowflakes. 

Where did you get it? I keep seeing pictures on twitter of mini PS VR on different objects and I'm so jealous!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2015, 05:56:58 pm »
COD: Ghost - ps4
MLB 14 The Show - PS4
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2015, 06:49:59 pm »

Where did you get it? I keep seeing pictures on twitter of mini PS VR on different objects and I'm so jealous!

Just browsing eBay and came across it. Snatched it up.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2015, 07:51:22 pm »

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:54:23 pm by thedarkpersian »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2015, 01:50:29 am »
Nice pickups DarkPersian!

desocietas

« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2015, 03:12:48 am »
Nice, DarkPersian! For a second there, I thought you were theflea with those pickup photos  8)

Is that Persona a sealed copy? I gg on the Xenogears :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2015, 05:56:32 am »

retrogemcollector

« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2015, 06:45:28 am »
Nice, DarkPersian! For a second there, I thought you were theflea with those pickup photos  8)

Is that Persona a sealed copy? I gg on the Xenogears :)

Nice pickups DarkPersian!

Cheers guys. This month I went a little crazy, but not TheFlea crazy. And no Persona is not sealed.

« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2015, 09:53:05 am »
This is what I picked up from goodwill in the past weeks
Rampage world tour gbc 3$
Wing commander snes 3$
Broken game gear
Game gear carrying case
Double dragon
Ren and stimpy quest for the shaven yak
Outrun Europa
The majors pro baseball
Random Genesis snes ps1 n64 manuals

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2015, 07:00:51 pm »
Assassin's Creed Unity- PS4 (early bday/Christmas gift)
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730