Author Topic: Gaming Resolutions for 2016  (Read 7429 times)

Re: Gaming Resolutions for 2016
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2016, 12:32:20 pm »

Playing Goals
- Participate and complete the VGcollect 52 games challenge
- Play and beat Dark Souls
- Catch all 721 Pokemon in Pokemon Omega Ruby (I'm at around 500 right now)
- Play Final Fantasy XIII

Collecting Goals
- Hit 1750 games in collection this year
- Obtain at least 15 import games this year
- Get within 5 games of finishing my Wii and 360 collections respectively
- reach 250 PS1 games
- Focus primarily on my PS3 collection, hitting the 200 game mark (currently at 158 PS3 games)

After incredibly good luck at a swap met, I knocked out one of my collecting goals. I'm pretty sure I'll be hitting 1750 games by the end of the summer. I am somewhat doubtful that I'll reach my Wii/360 goal, as well as the import goal, but you never know. Still plenty of time to complete the game playing goals.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:20:09 pm by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2016, 05:06:32 pm »
I'm down to 125 on my wishlist with 5-10ish games on the way right now.  I might break 100 before summer.

At some point down the line I'm going to continue rearranging rooms.  Our handheld game room is pretty much where we want it, I intend on swapping some stuff around later.

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2016, 10:19:56 am »
We need updates.

My wishlist is down to 108, so I'm bound to get under 100 by the end of the year.

I've decided that a gaming goal for this year for me is to play through most of the Assassin's Creed games.  I may back peddle on this one, but with no console games coming out that I feel I have to have and tons of backlog, I'm going to try to get through the AC games.  I only need to pick up Brotherhood, Rogue, and Syndicate, but I have a ton of time to get those before I get to those titles.  Brotherhood I'll need to get soon though.

I may pick up Chronicles at some point if I can get it for about $10, I think.

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2016, 09:44:22 pm »
Playing Goals

Collecting Goals
- Obtain at least 15 import games this year (6/15)
- Get within 5 games of finishing my Wii and 360 collections respectively (6 left for 360, 10 left for Wii)
- reach 250 PS1 games
- Focus primarily on my PS3 collection, hitting the 200 game mark (currently at 194 PS3 games)

Was able to get over 1800 games already thanks to going a little overboard with Gamestop's B2G1 sale. Also found a cool PSP import this weekend to, putting me at 6/15 imports for the year. Also worth noting is I am at 194 PS3 games now! I'm very confident I'll have this goal under wraps by the end of the year. I'm only one game from having only five 360 games to go. Wii, I'm still a little ways off. Not impossible to get within five for the Wii, but it will be down to the wire most likely.

I'm not going to focus more on my Playing Goals. I'm a little behind on the 52-games challenge and it sounds nice to take on either FFXIII or Dark Souls soon.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 09:46:16 pm by bikingjahuty »

necrosexual

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2016, 11:18:29 pm »
play more vidya
get more collector's editions of vidya i want

not too hard
i'd say 'buy more vidya' but i'm constantly broke and i really, really need to save up for some other vvv important things.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

rayne315

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2016, 10:50:13 am »
1. reduce my backlog of games.

2. come up with a good way of displaying what games I have played to the end/credits to help me know which games to play next. (maybe export my list to an excel spreadsheet and randomly assign numbers to order which I play first. I have difficulty deciding what I want to play.)

3. create a ranking system for games that I have either played to completion or just played (even if its just great/good/bad/horrible rankings)

4. Get my Last Guardian collectors edition that WILL come out in 2016

5. Get a playstation VR when it comes out.

6. buy less videogames. (I tend to buy games to buy them. I want to buy meaningful/rare games instead)

7. I feel i'm at the point where I need to invest in a disc buffer.

8. Get my Last Guardian collectors edition that WILL come out in 2016

9. Add more fun simple math to the forums to help illustrate/prove my point.

10. Get my Last Guardian collectors edition that WILL come out in 2016

11. beat at least 1 NES hard game

12. get a GD 3rd book case so I can stop doubling up games on my shelves (display them all 1 deep not 2)

13. come up with a viable option for displaying my handheld collection. (any input would be appreciated)

Updates.

1. Not happening, Although I have beaten 50 games my backlog has expended by many many more than that.

2. all my games are exported to a excel file that games get shifted to the played/beaten tab when im finished with them. with multiple entries if I beat it multiple times...

3. somewhat... when I rank games in the 52 in 2016 forum I rank them 1-10 with 5 being what I expected it to be. which is really vague considering some games I expect to be knocked out of the park and as such they get bad scores when played. I also don't entirely stick to it.

4. 8. 10. I have 2 collectors editions pre-ordered for the last guardian (which is surprising because im not a sealed collector but one will always remain sealed). now its just a waiting game till October when it releases.

5. not going to happen. I rationalized this and realized that 80% of the games I have seen info on im just not at all interested in while the other 20% im only vaguely interested in. so I will wait till either a price drop happens of more AAA's release for it. BUT if the last guardian has a vr mode then I will have to pick it up just for the experience.

6. has not happened. I have actually been gradually spending more on games.

7. not going to happen. I looked into disc buffers and the ones that work well enough for my liking are more than I would be willing to spend. and the cheaper ones could possibly do more harm than good.

9. This one is going great! whenever I see a chance to research material and add facts and figures to the forums I take it as a challenge to do so. the only chance I didn't take was in the Disney land thread as there was too much data and I had to make too much data less jumps to add.

11. I really haven't played many nes games this year. I've been more-so playing what friends and family want to play together/see played.

12. I actually recently had to go out and get a 4th bookshelf to hold my ever growing collection. when I finally went and picked up the third I was ale to fill it up 3/4ths of the way to begin with.

13. Gameboy/advanced games are being held in card sleeves in a binder and are on top of my shelves. not really "displayed" like I had intended but at least you can turn through the pages as apposed to rooting through a box. in the future (when I have a house) I plan on putting them in a shadow box so you can see the labels. will take up a crapton of space but will also look really nice.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2016, 10:50:27 am »
My list wasn't very good to begin with, so I'm going to mid year re-evaluate my list and make changes.

Collecting goals
1. Reach 4000 items in collection [Done]
2. Knock wishlist down to under 50 games [Done, but I'm probably going to add to it soon]
3. Finish building shelves for game room [Update: 1 shelving unit to build and wall shelves]
4. Inventory full collection (including condition)  [Done]
5. Clean game rooms and take proper pictures [Update: Handheld Room left, starting over on game room]

Playing goals
1. Beat Ace Combat series [Air Combat + AC2 done]
2. Beat Metal Gear series [Metal Gear/MGSV done]
3. Beat Splinter Cell series [Conviction/Blacklist done]
4. Beat Uncharted series
5. Beat Souls series [Demon's Souls done]
6. Beat 104 games this year  (My original goal was 52, but I knew that was too easy) [Update: Sitting at 90 beat right now]
7. Populate my Backloggery account with my backlog.

Update 8/22/2016: I'd say geeeeeezus at me adding several hundred games in about a months time, but I think most of that was attributed to me doing a full inventory.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:07:09 am by ignition365 »

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2016, 10:55:06 am »
13. Gameboy/advanced games are being held in card sleeves in a binder and are on top of my shelves. not really "displayed" like I had intended but at least you can turn through the pages as apposed to rooting through a box. in the future (when I have a house) I plan on putting them in a shadow box so you can see the labels. will take up a crapton of space but will also look really nice.
Gameboy games fit well in Cassette cases, just print out art.  GBA games also fit in Cassette cases, but some DS cases have GBA slots, just print out art.

Lynx games work in Cassette cases. 

Game gear sucks, but my wife designed custom papercraft "boxes" that work pretty well.  Especially in conjunction with the hard plastic clamshell protective cases that came with the games.

Either way, you can usually get DS cases from Gamestop if you ask politely before they toss traded in cases.  Cassette cases can be acquired fairly cheap, and display shelves for cassette cases are fairly common too.

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2016, 01:17:22 pm »

Decided to see how I have been doing on my gaming resolutions for 2016 since we are less than two months away from being in 2017. Have done pretty good as far as the collecting goals, but the playing goals...not so much. Most likely I will not be completing these, but I guess I didn't do too bad this year :)

Playing Goals

Collecting Goals
- Obtain at least 15 import games this year
- Get within 5 games of finishing my Wii and 360 collections respectively
- reach 250 PS1 games
- Focus primarily on my PS3 collection, hitting the 200 game mark (currently at 158 PS3 games)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2016, 01:46:37 pm »
Oops, posted this as if I was planning for next year originally. Sorry. Feel free to delete this.

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2016, 01:54:54 pm »
Here's where I stand so far.
My list wasn't very good to begin with, so I'm going to mid year re-evaluate my list and make changes.

Collecting goals
1. Reach 4000 items in collection
2. Knock wishlist down to under 50 games
3. Finish building shelves for game room
4. Inventory full collection
5. Clean game rooms and take proper pictures

Playing goals
1. Beat Ace Combat series [AC 1-3 done]
2. Beat Metal Gear series [Metal Gear/MGSV done]
3. Beat Splinter Cell series [Conviction/Blacklist done]
4. Beat Uncharted series [1-3 done]
5. Beat Souls series [Demon's Souls done]
6. Beat 104 games this year  [Update: Sitting at 97 beat right now]
7. Beat Assassin's Creed series
Populate my Backloggery account with my backlog. [Decided not to do that.]

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2016, 02:02:40 pm »
Gameboy games fit well in Cassette cases, just print out art.  GBA games also fit in Cassette cases, but some DS cases have GBA slots, just print out art.

Game gear sucks, but my wife designed custom papercraft "boxes" that work pretty well.  Especially in conjunction with the hard plastic clamshell protective cases that came with the games.

Either way, you can usually get DS cases from Gamestop if you ask politely before they toss traded in cases.  Cassette cases can be acquired fairly cheap, and display shelves for cassette cases are fairly common too.

I do this. Not at home, at work, so I snagged this photo from Google, it's not my own collection. These are the 9-pocket trading card pages you use for baseball cards or comic cards or whatever. Put them in a binder, and they're very easy to flip through, too.

Works great for GB, GBC, GBA, and Neo Geo Pocket Color games.

For DS and 3DS, I have one of those Club Nintendo cases, I'd imagine you can find some on eBay:

rayne315

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2016, 01:45:20 pm »

I do this. Not at home, at work, so I snagged this photo from Google, it's not my own collection. These are the 9-pocket trading card pages you use for baseball cards or comic cards or whatever. Put them in a binder, and they're very easy to flip through, too.

For DS and 3DS, I have one of those Club Nintendo cases, I'd imagine you can find some on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/28-in-1-Game-Card-Case-Holder-Cartridge-Box-for-Nintendo-3DS-XL-New-IY-/172272082156?var=&hash=item281c375cec:m:mk8t-HjI3FLblN3QXZZB2lw

this is actually much cheaper for storing loose ds/3ds games the only problem with it is if you store 3ds games in it because of the tab it requires you to turn them so the other side is always upside down.

but for $2 as apposed to $20 I think its worth it.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully