Author Topic: The Game Awards 2015  (Read 1926 times)

The Game Awards 2015
« on: December 03, 2015, 08:52:09 pm »
The awards themselves are mostly unimportant, but they tend to have announcements at the show, such as showing Zelda Wii U last year.

This year, it was already leaked that that the next Mortal Kombat DLC will have Bo Rai Cho, Leatherface, a Cyborg that is the originals combined into one, and they added the Xenomorph, but with the twist, that he was born from the Baraka race, so he has blade arms.

Baba Yaga story DLC for Tomb Raider.  Looks like a lot of mind altering type of stuff.  Makes me glad that when the game leaves Xbox, we'll be getting the better, more complete version lol  Looks cool though and it's supposed to be hours of new content.

Wow, kinda surprising, but Splatoon won best multiplayer over COD, Halo, Rocket League, and Destiny lol I need to go and play this more since they've released new maps.

New Uncharted 4 footage, but just a tease.  Looks pretty fun.

Witcher 3 is half-off on GOG right now.  Perhaps other platforms? I might've missed that.

Shaq-Fu is getting shown off  Wasn't the original game a fighter? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but this is definitely a brawler.

New eSports tv show on TBS called E-League.  Guess it's more of a documentary style setup, following groups around big tournaments?

Okay, interesting...Batman by Telltale.  This could be cool if they take this one to advance their usual works.

Far Cry Primal footage.  You apparently get to control beasts like Sabertooth tigers, wolfs,  and bears.  That's a pretty sick way to replace guns in this game lol Out February 31st and apparently March 1st on PC.  More interested in the game now.

-Brand new Psychonauts game just confirmed. Crowdfunded on something called Fig that apparently is like investing in stock for the game rather than just the usual Kickstarter setup. 3.3 million dollar goal.

-Not directly connected with the Game Awards, but apparently as Dark Cloud was announced to be up-rezzed for the PS4, it also confirms that there will be NO PS2 disc use on the system.

-Rock Band VR lol Oculus Rift support.

-Glad to see that Ori and the Blind Forest won for best art direction.  It's a very beautiful game.

-Kind of a bittersweet Icon award for Westwood Studios I feel, with how the company died off and so did Command & Conquer.

-New Walking Dead Telltale Game starring Michonne.  Kinda cool to see I think. Will be cool to get more backstory for Michonne.

-Not a single bit of new information from Nintendo.  Kinda disappointed with that. Thought they might have something new to show off.

-Deadmaus also confirms after his DOTA 2 appearance, is that he's boring as all hell.  I don't care if he works some videogame aspects into this one, he's boring and awful in every way and should no longer be associated with the gaming industry lol
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:05:18 pm by kamikazekeeg »

desocietas

Re: The Game Awards 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 11:13:59 pm »
Also let's not forget the awkward moments with firing shots at Konami, Kiefer Sutherland, and the confusion between Her Story and Witcher 3...  8)

But honestly, I'm still flipping out about Psychonauts 2. I know people feel very strongly about Tim and Double Fine in general these days, but I adored Psychonauts and am really looking forward to a sequel.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 11:31:19 pm »
Also let's not forget the awkward moments with firing shots at Konami, Kiefer Sutherland, and the confusion between Her Story and Witcher 3...  8)

But honestly, I'm still flipping out about Psychonauts 2. I know people feel very strongly about Tim and Double Fine in general these days, but I adored Psychonauts and am really looking forward to a sequel.

I don't think the knock against Konami was awkward, that was deserved.  The rest...yeah, abit awkward lol

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 11:59:48 pm »
I thought the show was excellent! Psychonauts 2 is an awesome announcement.

indenton

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 12:47:40 am »
Psychonauts... 2!? I had the game awards playing Audio only so as soon as that general said "Send in... the Psychonauts!" I got really excited!!  I've barely played any of the original, but I'm loving it so far. 

I was just finishing up with the Indivisible Crowd-funding, now another one?!

soera

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 12:53:14 am »
Bo Rai Cho? Really? Of all the unused options, they pick him? Disappoint.

I was kind of hoping that the PS2 compatibility would use disks ... oh well, no sweat, as long as it works.

Batman Telltale game could be something of awesome.

Shaq F-U. I really dont see why they would add another horrible Shaq fu game in the world.

Kickstarter of sorts for 3.3 mill? I dont see that one going through (although it sounds like what you were saying is its already funded).

Im kind of interested in the Rift but not a Rockband game. Too much of those shelf riders already.

hexen

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 07:01:05 am »
The actual games winning awards part was completely stupid, I mean... who decided this BS...?

But... Psychonauts 2, that's awesome. I chipped in $100, I hope it reaches it's goal.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 08:30:26 am »
For me it's easy to see why Splatoon won that category. It's the only game that did anything relatively novel.

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 08:49:25 am »
The wife and I are talking about going the unaccredited investor route for Psychonauts 2.  Might chip in $1k.

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 06:13:50 pm »
The actual games winning awards part was completely stupid, I mean... who decided this BS...?

But... Psychonauts 2, that's awesome. I chipped in $100, I hope it reaches it's goal.
So because the games you like didn't win awards it's stupid?

maximo310

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 07:22:29 pm »
I wish Undertale could have gotten an award.

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 08:21:03 pm »
I wish Undertale could have gotten an award.

I was surprised it went to Her Story.  Not that I played it so I can't compare, but like the game had a little attention when it came out, but that seemed like it was it.  Undertale came out and just blew up the scene and it's just everyone playing it, everyone talking about, it's a little juggernaut. I finally caved, despite it being overhyped by everyone, and played it like a week ago and thought it was genuinely pretty nice with a good bit of interesting replay value to it from what I've seen.  I was at least happy that Ori won for best art design since that was a beautiful game.

hexen

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 09:25:24 pm »

No, it was decided be a panel and not any kind of vote. I could make a panel of whoever I choose with a selected game in mind and make it win. Many very popular games where snubbed, while Her Story comes out on top, when if it had actually been put to any ANY kind of realistic vote Undertale would have come out on top over it. That's just one example, but there are many more.

(P.S. I know I currently have an Undertale avatar, but what I stated is basically an unbiased fact).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:27:35 pm by hexen »
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2015, 07:46:20 am »

No, it was decided be a panel and not any kind of vote. I could make a panel of whoever I choose with a selected game in mind and make it win. Many very popular games where snubbed, while Her Story comes out on top, when if it had actually been put to any ANY kind of realistic vote Undertale would have come out on top over it. That's just one example, but there are many more.

(P.S. I know I currently have an Undertale avatar, but what I stated is basically an unbiased fact).
So the Academy Awards, Grammys and Emmys are also stupid because you can't vote? Crappy super hero movies would win best picture every year if the Academy Awards let people vote. It's not just a random group of people it's people that are familiar with the games and represent major gaming websites. If it were fans voting it would just be letting whatever is currently most popular win and Undertale and Fallout 4 would've won everything. Yes, Undertale is that overrated popular, have you seen the GameFAQS Best Game Ever poll currently going on? Undertale is apparently a better game than Fallout 3 and Super Mario World, that's the kinda crap you get when you let fans vote.

argyle

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 07:07:27 am »
So the Academy Awards, Grammys and Emmys are also stupid because you can't vote?

I thought it was a given that all major award shows are a joke? Popularity contests at best, awards-for-sale at worst. Who cares who wins ANY of them?  ???
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis