Author Topic: Time to Manage & Correct the Collection Discrepancies  (Read 1156 times)

gf78

Time to Manage & Correct the Collection Discrepancies
« on: December 11, 2015, 03:01:40 pm »
Since this is the end of the year, it seems like a good time to take stock, check and fix discrepancies in our collections.  We have all talked about it in various threads, but it seems like a good time to make some adjustments prior to starting a glorious new year of gaming! 

I've already fixed a few listing errors in my own collection and last night, I was sitting there looking at a pile of demos, promotional items, swag, posters and more that I don't have cataloged yet.  I'm sitting at 1826 items in my (listed) collection right now.  I plan to finish up going through what I have left and listing it this weekend.  I figure I will have an easy 1850 items when I'm done. 

Just thought this may be a fun thing to do before we put the cap on 2015.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Re: Time to Manage & Correct the Collection Discrepancies
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 08:24:21 pm »
I know i need to do this.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 09:49:12 pm »
I sold a lot of 8 and 16-bit stuff recently and started doing this. I probably have around 20 - 30 games less than what my collection currently says though.

aliensstudios

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 09:56:31 pm »
I know when I first joined and added all of my games, I put my Players Choice, Greatest Hits and various others as the regular edition of the game because at the time I wasn't really documenting the value or the edition, but just what I had.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 06:20:10 am »
I cleared mine out abit ago to restart since I tend to trade stuff off every so often and that's hard to fix, but I'm probably gonna do less of that this year and I'll get to cleaning up my collection here soon.  I think the only thing that is right, is all my Zelda stuff and I can probably extra stuff into it that aren't games.

gf78

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 10:14:07 am »
Did a little updating over the weekend.  I still haven't gone through the giant, flat box of posters and store display boxes (those giant-sized cardboard boxes that look like the game cases) and I've already added 45 more items to my collection list.   :o

I know I probably have another 30 or so posters to photograph and list.  Also, I have many items listed as a single item.  For example, I have multiple DualShock controllers listed as one item with a note that "I have three of these" or something similar.  I probably have another 25 items that I could list if I separated them out, but I don't really see the point in it. 

After Christmas, I plan on hitting up the local pawn shops to find some more cheap oldies. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

sin2beta

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 12:53:09 pm »
I've updated all of my Sega except the sg1000. That usually involves uploading scans and takes time. Now all I have to do is update the Xbox collection and decide if I want to add my psp and more of the coleco 2600 to the collection. Will probably end between 730 and 750.

Also deciding whether to add magazines.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c