Author Topic: 52 Games Challenge *2016*  (Read 69558 times)

Re: 52 Games Challenge *2016*
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2016, 08:19:58 am »
I didn't get much done Saturday, so I thought I wasn't going to get any games knocked off this weekend, which isn't horrible since I've got so many beat...

But Sunday, without planning it, I beat 3 games.

Updating my list now.

Sitting at 22 beat out of 30 played.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:03:35 am by ctracy87 »

« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2016, 12:18:58 am »
11 - Infamous: Second Son (PS4) - PLAYING - This was one of the very few games I really wanted to play on the PS4 as the previous 2 on PS3 were actually pretty fun open world games.  Being one of the earlier titles for the PS4, launch window I think, it looks pretty great, particularly with the facial animation and all the effects it has.  Good voice acting too.  Should be a good time with this.

telly

« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2016, 10:41:51 am »
Game 5 - Ace Combat Zero (PS2) - 2.5 Hours

Thought this game was really good, but there was some key things that made it probably my least favorite of the PS2 ACs in the end.  That said, this is one of my all time favorite series, so the game is simply excellent, rather than near-perfect  ;)

+ All the main things that I love from previous Ace Combats are here. The gameplay is as good as ever, and the dogfights were the best in the series. I actually got shot down a few times, which typically doesn't happen for me - usually I run into the ground :P The game has a fantastic soundtrack and a lot of replayability too.

- For me, I found the story to be the weakest part of this game. I thought the cutscenes were wayyy to cheesy, even compared to the cheesiness of AC5. The story was also really short, and in my opinion copies a lot of concepts from the missions and stories in AC04 and 5. It didn't have as much staying power for me as the other games.

Back to my list
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:37:26 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2016, 08:47:14 pm »
12 - Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis/PC) - 37 MINUTES UNFINISHED - Another old Sega game I got for free that I played to a game over.  Screw Abadede.  He can grab you at any time, even when using specials lol Lot more fun though than Golden Axe.

kashell

« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2016, 08:24:04 am »
Last night, I finished Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament. Time to concoct another write-up.

retroone

« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2016, 08:09:27 pm »
1. Portal Stories: Mel (Steam) Completed The closest thing we're gonna get to Portal 3! Amazing mod! Achievement Progress 100%
2. Emily is Away (Steam) Completed I have no idea why I played this Achievement Progress 100%
3. The Walking Dead (PS4) Completed I played the series in reverse but this game is overall better than Season 2 Trophy Progress 100%
4. Teslagrad (PS4) Completed Would recommend to anyone who is interested in Metroid-esque games. Trophy Progress 100%
5. LittleBIGPlanet 3 (PS4) Completed Great game, but ruined but numerous glitches and bugs. Trophy Progress 100%
6. inFAMOUS Second Son (PS4) Completed This game is amazing. Play it now. Trophy Progress 100%
7. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) Completed Great game, never play through the game on UBER legit. Trophy Progress 100%

*Added Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)

retroone

« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2016, 08:14:53 pm »
8 - Godzilla (PS4) - FINISHED/PLAYING - If I had to simply describe this game, I would say "Half-Baked".  The fan service part of this with all the great looking Godzilla monsters and variations is fantastic.  I kinda like the sluggish movement too which makes you feel like you are controlling some giant 100+ foot tall monster.  That's where the good stops.  Mission structure is repetitive and poorly designed.  There's almost no variation in the game.  The grinding nature of having to evolve your Godzilla to fight on higher difficulties means you have to constantly repeat the first stages and there is NO guarantee you'll get the items you need to level up either.  I don't even think that leveling will truly give you the advantage you need either since going the alternate path on hard puts you up against Monsters that are incredibly high leveled and they are almost impossible to beat, even if I could use more atomic breathes.  Just the worst design.  It reminds me of Dragon Ball Xenoverse, where they added a lot of stuff that people would like, but the combat and missions are so bad and grindy, it's not really a good game.  Such a shame, cause I felt like there's potential here, but it's clear they didn't either have a lot of time or much money to make a proper game and found ways to stretch out what is a very barebones experience...BUT I GET TO PLAY AS GODZILLA 2014! WOO!

If your going for the platinum GOOD LUCK! The amount of tedious and boring grinding to evolve EVERY monster to the max, gives no reward whatsoever. I'm still determined to plat it no matter what. I only have a few left to evolve and then I'm on the clear.

« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2016, 12:09:42 am »
If your going for the platinum GOOD LUCK! The amount of tedious and boring grinding to evolve EVERY monster to the max, gives no reward whatsoever. I'm still determined to plat it no matter what. I only have a few left to evolve and then I'm on the clear.

I barely wanted to unlock all the monsters, which I still haven't done yet, because it forces me to play on Hard, which is on the verge of impossible.  I don't care about platinums anyways lol

« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2016, 08:20:54 pm »
Edit
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:01:52 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2016, 01:07:27 am »
Beat a few more games, sitting at 24 games beat out of 34 I think.

Had to move to a third post for my stuff because I went over the 20k limit again.

kashell

« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2016, 09:02:10 pm »
My main page has been updated with reviews for three new games and replays of two others. So far, it's been a great year for games!

kashell

« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2016, 08:28:55 am »
Double posting time! Yesterday, I went through Quest Mode and Tournament Mode of Tobal No. 1 on the PlayStation. My review page has been updated accordingly. It's nice to take a break from RPGs and Kirby games with a fighter every now and then.

abe

« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2016, 10:18:41 am »
Finished up Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest last night. While it doesn't dethrone Radiant Dawn as my current personal favorite Fire Emblem game, it was an excellent game. I also found it was the most difficult on Normal out of all the FE games I've played. I felt the story was a little lacking though, which seems to me like it's the result of making three paths instead of one that's longer and better. Perhaps after I play the other two arcs, I'll get the full picture and my opinion may change. If I didn't have the Special Edition with all three storylines it really would've felt like an incomplete game. Yes, there is plenty of content in each version (including resets, it took me a little under 60 hours to finish Conquest), but it almost felt like it wasn't quite as satisfying as it could've been. Some features also felt like they were just thrown in at the last minute just because they were popular in Awakening. In particular, the way the game explains why you can recruit the children of the units in your army seemed really silly to me. I won't spoil anything, but I will say that it was handled much better in Awakening, as it was incorporated better into the game's story.

Even with the minor complaints, it was still well worth the money and an easy recommendation to anyone who enjoyed Awakening.

Finished Games (replayed games are in purple)

1) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) Jan-17
2) Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (GBA) Jan-31
3) Hoshi no Kirby 2 (GB) [JP] Feb-07
4) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) Feb-09
5) Hoshi no Kirby (GB) [JP] Feb-16
6) Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) Feb-16
7) Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (3DS) Mar-01 **New**
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2016, 12:05:53 am »
11 - PVZ: Garden Warfare 2 (PC) - 10 Hours FINISHED/PLAYING - Kinda grabbed this spur of the moment, but it's not bad.  It's goofy and some casual shooter fun.  I can't see myself putting a ton of time into the multiplayer as it gets a little repetitive after abit, but I at least went through the story missions which is like 6 or so hours long.  I'm sure it's a more fun game if you got a group to do all the co-op stuff with as going through it singelplayer is kinda boring.  Too many of the wave missions that aren't overly fun.  Would've liked more of the clever goofy missions.

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2016, 05:55:38 am »
12 - Stardew Valley (PC) - 10 Hours FINISHED/PLAYING - I don't know if this game technically has an end state or how long it might take me to finish what could be the background story stuff or just run it out, so I'll add this in now.  Talked about it in the "Playing" thread already, but it's basically the gameplay of old Harvest Moon with the visuals of stuff like Terraria/Starbound.  I hear that anyone who loved Harvest Moon basically loves this.