Author Topic: January 2016 Pickups and Finds  (Read 24886 times)

gf78

Re: January 2016 Pickups and Finds
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2016, 11:24:25 am »
Lucked into complete copies of Star Wars Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike, got the pair for under $20. 

Now I'm deciding something and taking opinions.  I am more than likely (that's a yes) going to purchase Rouge Squadron and Shadows of the Empire for the N64.  I usually want complete games, but those hard cases with the custom printed cover look friggin' snazzy.  So, should I buy complete copies?  Carts and the custom cases?  Or both?   :-\
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2016, 11:47:17 am »
Lucked into complete copies of Star Wars Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike, got the pair for under $20. 

Now I'm deciding something and taking opinions.  I am more than likely (that's a yes) going to purchase Rouge Squadron and Shadows of the Empire for the N64.  I usually want complete games, but those hard cases with the custom printed cover look friggin' snazzy.  So, should I buy complete copies?  Carts and the custom cases?  Or both?   :-\
I use the UGC cases because it's cheaper than going complete... and it's easier to get the game out to play.

gf78

« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2016, 11:58:53 am »

I use the UGC cases because it's cheaper than going complete... and it's easier to get the game out to play.

I'm leaning that way, even if I buy complete copies.  I would just store the boxes flat & standing on my bookshelf.  Those cases with the custom inserts are snazzy looking.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2016, 12:49:53 pm »

I'm leaning that way, even if I buy complete copies.  I would just store the boxes flat & standing on my bookshelf.  Those cases with the custom inserts are snazzy looking.
If you find my post in the gameroom thread, almost all of my cart games (NES are loose still) are in those UGC cases.  I bought like 500 empty cases from a distributor and I've been printing out art on my own.  I think I probably have a little under 100 cases left at this point.  I need to invest in CGC cases for the NES games, but I don't have the shelf space at the moment for them, so I'm not bothering quite yet.

gf78

« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2016, 01:52:56 pm »
If you find my post in the gameroom thread, almost all of my cart games (NES are loose still) are in those UGC cases.  I bought like 500 empty cases from a distributor and I've been printing out art on my own.  I think I probably have a little under 100 cases left at this point.  I need to invest in CGC cases for the NES games, but I don't have the shelf space at the moment for them, so I'm not bothering quite yet.

I think the cases with custom inserts look much more uniform & cool than the old cardboard boxes. 

Warmsignal

« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2016, 02:16:32 pm »

I think the cases with custom inserts look much more uniform & cool than the old cardboard boxes.

That makes me a sad panda. I've spent a lot of time making repro game boxes myself, because I don't like the looks of those plastic cases. :P I like the retail look over the rental store look.

gf78

« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2016, 02:19:58 pm »

That makes me a sad panda. I've spent a lot of time making repro game boxes myself, because I don't like the looks of those plastic cases. :P I like the retail look over the rental store look.

Don't get me wrong, the boxes-when in great condition-look quite nice too.  Unfortunately, boxed games in immaculate condition look pretty raunchy anymore unless you come across a hidden treasure or pay through the nose for it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2016, 02:24:44 pm »

Don't get me wrong, the boxes-when in great condition-look quite nice too.  Unfortunately, boxed games in immaculate condition look pretty raunchy anymore unless you come across a hidden treasure or pay through the nose for it.

It's getting much harder nowdays to find even carts that are in great shape. I notice many of them are pretty rough, or are ex-rentals. Not as many mint games around now.

rayne315

« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2016, 05:04:07 pm »

It's getting much harder nowdays to find even carts that are in great shape. I notice many of them are pretty rough, or are ex-rentals. Not as many mint games around now.

just gotta go and find those packrat garage sales man. thats where I find all my mint cartridges from (unfortunately not boxed)
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2016, 05:09:00 pm »
I have some boxed games, and they are in those plastic protectors, but I like the uniformity of the rental cases...  Mind you, Genesis games are the worst.  Half the official games are Red stripe, the other half are that black SMS like case.  Then you have the Third party EA, Accolade, Codemasters cases.  It drives me nuts, but the official cases were basically rental cases anyway.

I managed to find the Rise of the Tomb Raider CE guide today and I picked up Driver Parallel lines for Wii and Naughty Bear Gold Edition which has the code for Trouble in Paradise... which hopefully works.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:10:32 pm by ctracy87 »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2016, 05:51:48 pm »
Just in (and for free!)

1 black gamecube
2 gamecube controllers, black and purple
1 gamecube mic
Cel Damage - gamecube
The Simpsons hit and run - gamecube x2 (not sure why he had 2 copies)
2 wii nunchuks
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2016, 09:55:58 am »
Just in (and for free!)

1 black gamecube
2 gamecube controllers, black and purple
1 gamecube mic
Cel Damage - gamecube
The Simpsons hit and run - gamecube x2 (not sure why he had 2 copies)
2 wii nunchuks

Simpsons Hit and Run is a great game.

« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2016, 12:54:27 pm »
So, my finds this year are these

Pickachu Pokemon N64 (I got for $35.00)

Devil's Third T-Shirt (The game is outrageously expensive  maybe the T-shirt will be a classic to have too? lol)

Brand NEW PS Vita Carrying Cases NOTE: If anyone needs one I can get some more. I'll sell the for $4.00

Castlevania: The Dracula Chronicles ($11.99)

Infamous: This game was given to me because the store didn't sell video games anymore. (If you're in  San Fernando Valley,CA the place is called "Orphaned Cd's" I found some gems there for decent prices.

Die Hard Trilogy 2 ( I got it for $2.00) CIB

Call of Duty 3 (Got it for $4.99) CIB

Rampage Total Destruction ( Got it for free from Orphaned Cd's) CIB

Jam Pack Vol. 11 ($2.99) CIB

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One CIB

Modnation Racers CIB

Orphen: Scion of Sorcery (Got it for $4.99) CIB

Dynasty Warriors 3 (Got it for $4.99) CIB

Dynasty 4 -Empires  (Got it for $4.99) CIB

Killzone

Area 51 (Got it $1.99) CIB

Spec Ops: Stealth and Patrol (Got it for $1.99) CIB

GameBoy Advance $15.00

World of Warcraft Behind the Scenes DVD

gf78

« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2016, 12:58:05 pm »
Picked up two more for my Star Wars Collection!

Star Wars Battlefront for PC like-new & complete in box
Star Wars Battlefront II for PC DVD version complete in box with light shelf wear

doafan

« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2016, 01:32:13 pm »
Isolated Warrior
Kick Master

Had the idea that you already had Isolated Warrior because is not that expensive even when it's a little rare (at least for me) indeed it is a fun game, purchased this one after I saw this video and totally felt in love with it even when never knew about its existence also don't need to say that Kick Master is fucking epic but since when did became so expensive ?, paid less than 40 bucks and now is around the 100 bucks, damn bastards but you really need to add it at your priorities  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy