Author Topic: Other editions of the games  (Read 996 times)

Other editions of the games
« on: February 26, 2012, 01:13:21 pm »
Here in Brazil with have some games sold as magazines (this is an example of one of these magazines: http://www.fullgames.com.br). I have some games from theses magazines. May I submit them as new itens (and use bar code, arts, box text and descriptions in Portuguese) or do I have to search for a similar release of the same game? And what to do if I don't find a similar in database? For example, I didn't find a NA PC version of Assassin's Creed II, which I have.

foxhack

Re: Other editions of the games
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 01:44:20 pm »
Hey there! If you have a different version then just add your own! You can list the main difference on the game title itself (enclosed in parenthesis) and then use the description box to explain what's so different about it.

For example, a game that was included in a magazine could be added as "Game title (Fullgames release)", then in the release date you add the month the magazine was released. I'm not sure what to use as the cover, though. The front of the magazine, or the CD itself? I'd go with the front of the magazine, myself! And since we don't have a PC-Brazil region... then I guess we should have one now! :D The covers seem to be available at Fullgames' website, so you can use those if you wish.

As for missing games such as Assassin's Creed II, well, when the database was created, it didn't account for many newer games. So if it's not here, then just add it with the proper scans and other data if possible.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

(P.S. - to the other admins, these magazine releases are completely legit releases. I have a few from a now-closed magazine from Spain, and I got a free Steam game thanks to a giveaway by a Brazilian magazine.) :)

matt

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 04:32:41 pm »
Welcome to the site @aracnus! Foxhack is right. If the games are unique releases go ahead and add them as such. We may be lacking a few Brazilian categories so just let us admins know what is missing and we'll get them added asap.

Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 05:03:27 pm »
Hi Foxhack. First, thank you for your quick answer.  :-)  The Fullgames launches some games in DVD boxes too. So, I was thinking of add this box art (in fact, I was thinking of scanning both front and rear covers of the box and the disk itself). And thank you for including a "PC " entry on "Types".  :-)

If you need any help to internationalize the site and Android application to Brazilian Portuguese, you may count on me, ok?  ;-)