Author Topic: Category/Platform Requests (Archive)  (Read 48904 times)

jason

Re: Category/Platform Requests
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2017, 08:02:31 pm »
Requesting GameCube [KR]

So the 4 requests that I have made since the last addition are
GameCube [KR]
3DS [CN]
Xbox [KR]
PS4 [KR]

Thanks again!  :)

Also these ;)

These should be all set now too.

« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2017, 08:31:34 pm »
ATM I know these are being housed in LCD: https://vgcollect.com/browse/lcdgames

Ah, okay. For some reason I didn't see that section. That works!  :)

telly

« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2017, 08:46:23 pm »
Requesting GameCube [KR]

So the 4 requests that I have made since the last addition are
GameCube [KR]
3DS [CN]
Xbox [KR]
PS4 [KR]

Thanks again!  :)

Also these ;)

These should be all set now too.

Thank you! I appreciate it :D
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

aliensstudios

« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2017, 09:28:15 pm »
It would be nice to have regions for the Amiibo Figures and Cards since the category is a bit of a mess at the moment, it'd be nice if we had
Amiibo Figures [NA]
Amiibo Figures [JP]
Amiibo Figures [EU]

Amiibo Cards [NA]
Amiibo Cards [JP]
Amiibo Cards [EU]
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2017, 07:47:58 am »
It would be nice to have regions for the Amiibo Figures and Cards since the category is a bit of a mess at the moment, it'd be nice if we had
Amiibo Figures [NA]
Amiibo Figures [JP]
Amiibo Figures [EU]

Amiibo Cards [NA]
Amiibo Cards [JP]
Amiibo Cards [EU]
I second this request.

soera

« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2017, 04:30:41 pm »
Can we add a Playstation 4 demo section? :) I have something I want to add to my collection! :D

jason

« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2017, 05:41:37 pm »
Can we add a Playstation 4 demo section? :) I have something I want to add to my collection! :D

PS4 Demo section added.

aliensstudios

« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2017, 05:43:25 pm »
Can we please get Amiibo regions

desocietas

« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2017, 12:59:15 am »

AFAIK, I think, while in talks about how to standardize the interactive figure categories, we felt creating regions would be creating too many categories, especially since the figures themselves are region-free when opened. Variants for packaging can still be tracked in the item title, if anything.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

aliensstudios

« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2017, 05:04:34 pm »

AFAIK, I think, while in talks about how to standardize the interactive figure categories, we felt creating regions would be creating too many categories, especially since the figures themselves are region-free when opened. Variants for packaging can still be tracked in the item title, if anything.
I don't see how adding regions is adding "too many categories" when adding the regions is simply a means of having better organization and means of access. Yes, the figures are region free out of the package, but a lot of people keep them sealed, especially collectors.  The entire category is just a giant mosh pit of incorrect titles, duplicates, and it's hard to really find anything by just typing it into the search bar.
Administrators have responded to feedback in the past by giving individual categories of interactive figures to make the database more organized and I think this is the next and really final step for maximum visibility, organization and accessibility to users.
I personally would put the work into correctly categorizing and titling the entries, I've done it with a few systems on the site. Amiibo are now a large enough category that is big enough that it could benefit from regions. It shouldn't have anything to do having too many categories, it should be done for the best organization.
I don't know if you personally have anything to do with the addition of categories but I think it should be reconsidered.

desocietas

« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2017, 06:16:56 pm »

I don't see how adding regions is adding "too many categories" when adding the regions is simply a means of having better organization and means of access. Yes, the figures are region free out of the package, but a lot of people keep them sealed, especially collectors.  The entire category is just a giant mosh pit of incorrect titles, duplicates, and it's hard to really find anything by just typing it into the search bar.
Administrators have responded to feedback in the past by giving individual categories of interactive figures to make the database more organized and I think this is the next and really final step for maximum visibility, organization and accessibility to users.
I personally would put the work into correctly categorizing and titling the entries, I've done it with a few systems on the site. Amiibo are now a large enough category that is big enough that it could benefit from regions. It shouldn't have anything to do having too many categories, it should be done for the best organization.
I don't know if you personally have anything to do with the addition of categories but I think it should be reconsidered.

I personally don't in regard to interactive figures - I just recall some of the other admin had sat down to figure out the best way to handle that category in general. But I agree that the field itself is still evolving and can always be re-evaluated again for ways to make it better for everyone.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2017, 09:45:26 am »
I'm still waiting on a couple of ESRB dual ratings, can those be added soon?

RP-E
https://vgcollect.com/item/57618

T-M
https://vgcollect.com/item/16791

Currently Playing:

telly

« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2017, 01:40:38 pm »
Double post to also request PlayStation Vita [KR]

Thanks  :)
Currently Playing:

jason

« Reply #193 on: July 13, 2017, 11:43:46 pm »
I'm still waiting on a couple of ESRB dual ratings, can those be added soon?

RP-E
https://vgcollect.com/item/57618

T-M
https://vgcollect.com/item/16791

These have now been added. Thanks!

jason

« Reply #194 on: July 13, 2017, 11:45:37 pm »
Double post to also request PlayStation Vita [KR]

Thanks  :)

Added this too.