Author Topic: PS+/GWG  (Read 939 times)

PS+/GWG
« on: January 21, 2016, 01:05:53 pm »
Do you folks put these games in your collection?

I consider putting them in my collection because I don't intend on quitting either service, but if I did, I would lose all of those games.  Plus you don't really own the games.

rayne315

Re: PS+/GWG
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 01:19:48 pm »
I personally do not consider any digital only game part of my collection, but here is how I consider it compared to things like steam. with ps+ the only way you are physically able to play the game is to own a ps+ membership. whenever they remove the servers even if you have the game already downloaded you will be unable to play it because it will no longer be able to recognize you as a ps+ member. unlike in steam where so long as you hold on to the data and an operating system that's capable of playing it you will always be able too play a game bought from their, even if steam goes bankrupt or something like that.

so by that logic I would consider only things you will realistically be able to play/display forever part of the collection.

Edit: I have no idea what gwg is but im assuming that it is a subscription based gameing thing
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 01:21:33 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 01:28:21 pm »
I personally do not consider any digital only game part of my collection, but here is how I consider it compared to things like steam. with ps+ the only way you are physically able to play the game is to own a ps+ membership. whenever they remove the servers even if you have the game already downloaded you will be unable to play it because it will no longer be able to recognize you as a ps+ member. unlike in steam where so long as you hold on to the data and an operating system that's capable of playing it you will always be able too play a game bought from their, even if steam goes bankrupt or something like that.

so by that logic I would consider only things you will realistically be able to play/display forever part of the collection.

Edit: I have no idea what gwg is but im assuming that it is a subscription based gameing thing
I do wonder about that, I'd like to hope they either never take down the servers (Which they are already planning in Japan for the PSP store, but you can still download the PSP titles through your PC or PS3 and transfer them to your PSP), or they fix something so that you can still play the games.  Such as "Oh, we are shutting down PSP servers, any PSP titles that show up in your Media Library as PS+ titles that expire on a certain date, no longer have an expiration date", basically making you own the title.

Or they could just screw you and say nope, sorry, you lose.  But they do tote "You own these titles as long as you are an active subscriber.", that would be some major backpedaling.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 02:19:49 pm »
I do, I have a lot more to add though. So many games.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 02:23:17 pm »
I add my games with gold 360 games as those you get to keep forever. They are stored on the HDD. Xbox one though I don't add, those go away same with ps+

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 03:06:11 pm »

Hehe, yeah, I was confused too but realized it was "Games With Gold" (XBox's periodic giveaway with gold membership).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 12:47:13 am »
I don't really consider the digital games (that I purchased or got through PS+) really count in my collection as they just sit on a hard drive, not on a shelf. However, I decided to put them in my collection because I also use my collection as a backlog.

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 08:02:22 am »
I don't really consider the digital games (that I purchased or got through PS+) really count in my collection as they just sit on a hard drive, not on a shelf. However, I decided to put them in my collection because I also use my collection as a backlog.
This was my mindset.  If these titles are in my "collection"  I will know that I can play them at some point... as long as I continue being Plus/Gold

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 10:59:59 am »
For the longest time I did not add digital games into my collection. One day I was bored and did it, but I really don't like them. For example, bundles are a huge pain to figure out, so I think I'll just pretend that part of the database doesn't exist.  ;)