Author Topic: Castlevania Game Case  (Read 4020 times)

Castlevania Game Case
« on: January 23, 2016, 01:52:06 am »
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has a spare Castlevania SOTN Game Case? Specifically, the greatest hits one.  If so, let me know in the thread or PM me. Thank you!

aliensstudios

Re: Castlevania Game Case
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 09:43:39 am »
Darn it, I was at a thrift store last week and found the Greatest Hits version but I passed on it because it didn't have the disc. Funny how things work sometimes, I wish I would have gotten it because I would have gladly given it tho you. I can go back and see if it's still there if you want
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 03:35:02 pm »
Darn it, I was at a thrift store last week and found the Greatest Hits version but I passed on it because it didn't have the disc. Funny how things work sometimes, I wish I would have gotten it because I would have gladly given it tho you. I can go back and see if it's still there if you want

Oh man. If you don't mind going back and if it's still there, I'll pay you $5.00 for your troubles. Thank you so much!

aliensstudios

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 06:17:15 pm »
 I'll go back tomorrow or monday morning to see if it's still there.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 01:13:44 am »
I'll go back tomorrow or monday morning to see if it's still there.

Thank you so much!!! ;D

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 01:12:48 pm »
I went today, they still had it but priced at 14.99. My guess is the disc was in it when they priced it but some scumbag stole the disc and left the case on the shelf. I can't justify spending that much on it, I asked some old lady working if they could change the price since there was no disc and she acted like I was crazy. Sorry man, I can't justify spending 15 bucks on an empty case, I go to that thrift store often so I'll keep an eye out to see if they lower the price at some point. Until then, hope you can find the case, I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to have disc games without cases.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:51:32 pm by aliensstudios »

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 01:49:08 pm »
Hm, hopefully she didn't assume that maybe you were trying to scam them and buy the case for cheap when you placed the disc elsewhere for yourself...

That sucks - hopefully OP is able to find a suitable empty case.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

aliensstudios

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 01:54:50 pm »
Hm, hopefully she didn't assume that maybe you were trying to scam them and buy the case for cheap when you placed the disc elsewhere for yourself...

Lol she didn't even get it at all, I don't think she even knew what a "disc" was. It sucks because most thrift stores I go to but the price sticker over the seam so they can tell if it has been opened or not, this place never has, so my guess is a lot of DVDs, CDs, and games go missing.

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 02:03:20 pm »

Lol she didn't even get it at all, I don't think she even knew what a "disc" was. It sucks because most thrift stores I go to but the price sticker over the seam so they can tell if it has been opened or not, this place never has, so my guess is a lot of DVDs, CDs, and games go missing.

Oh, that sucks. The one I go to occasionally is small so they just have a sign up for DVDs/CDs with prices, and of course videogames end up there because they don't know where else to put them (but at least they're cheap!).  Nothing has a sticker - everything is a flatrate pretty much, but they do charge less if the item is empty.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 12:06:14 am »
I went today, they still had it but priced at 14.99. My guess is the disc was in it when they priced it but some scumbag stole the disc and left the case on the shelf. I can't justify spending that much on it, I asked some old lady working if they could change the price since there was no disc and she acted like I was crazy. Sorry man, I can't justify spending 15 bucks on an empty case, I go to that thrift store often so I'll keep an eye out to see if they lower the price at some point. Until then, hope you can find the case, I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to have disc games without cases.

I am very thankful you went out of your way to look for me. No worries about spending $15.00 on a case. Trust me, I would not either.

Thrift stores can pull some scummy stuff sometimes. I have been to the crummiest of thrift stores, have asked for the empty cases and they try to charge me $5.00 or more. Some straight up tell me "No". They can't give it to me. I call them out and ask what are they going to do with it? Throw it away? They say "yea," or "they don't know". Pisses me off.

Anyhow, like I said before. Thanks for replying and going back to the store. I couldn't ask for more. If I can help look for anything you're looking for let me know.  :D