Author Topic: Dragon Quest Builders  (Read 720 times)

Dragon Quest Builders
« on: January 25, 2016, 08:20:45 pm »
Anyone play the Japanese demo? I know some people have Japanese accounts for this kind of stuff.  I was just curious if it was any good as games like this, Terraria, Minecraft, and Slime Rancher are my "casual games".  Stuff that I can sorta just mindlessly invest a lot of time into while I have music or a podcast going at the same time.  I figured it was simply going to be Minecraft with a better story/RPG element to it, but if it's any good as basically a Minecraft type game where you got a lot of freedom, but quality combat and stuff to get, then I'm all for it.

desocietas

Re: Dragon Quest Builders
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 08:59:04 pm »
I haven't seen too much of it, but I've seen that the demo has been streamed on Twitch. Maybe you can pop in on one of those and ask any questions you might have :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 09:03:23 pm »
I haven't seen too much of it, but I've seen that the demo has been streamed on Twitch. Maybe you can pop in on one of those and ask any questions you might have :)

I saw a gameplay thing from TGS that seemed alright.  It has freedom which is nice as I thought it could end up being abit more restricted, but it seems very much Minecraft mixed with Dragons Quest which is cool.  Minecraft I put tons of time into, but it was never good from a gameplay point of view since it was obviously a building game.

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 09:06:11 pm »

I saw a gameplay thing from TGS that seemed alright.  It has freedom which is nice as I thought it could end up being abit more restricted, but it seems very much Minecraft mixed with Dragons Quest which is cool.  Minecraft I put tons of time into, but it was never good from a gameplay point of view since it was obviously a building game.

Yeah, from what I've seen/heard (which isn't much), it seems to have more RPG elements than Minecraft does. More quests for other characters and such which appeals to me.  Something about regular Minecraft doesn't appeal to me, and it might be something as simple as not liking first-person view that much. Not sure what it is, ha.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 09:21:17 pm »

Yeah, from what I've seen/heard (which isn't much), it seems to have more RPG elements than Minecraft does. More quests for other characters and such which appeals to me.  Something about regular Minecraft doesn't appeal to me, and it might be something as simple as not liking first-person view that much. Not sure what it is, ha.

I'm great with first person, but Minecraft, even with it's sorta "endgame" is a game that you do basically nothing.  You just build, nothing more, but I like that kind of mindless entertainment.  It's simple and easy and I like building cool locations.  Probably put a few hundred hours into that lol