Author Topic: Gamestop is publishing physical copies of Insomniac's new game: Song of the Deep  (Read 3585 times)

Limeface

PRO Supporter

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/28/insomniac-and-gamestop-announce-publishing-partnership-with-song-of-the-deep

The game looks unique. Underwater Metroidvania where you play as a submarine made by the Ratchet & Clank team.
Awesome for a physical release! Being a GameStop exclusive is great as a far as physical media goes. I'm curious to see how GameStop does as a publisher.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/iX8ShVDkgIQ

Gamestop Page: http://www.gamestop.com/collection/SongoftheDeep?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=TnL5HPStwNw-VS2HxHWzMj7sQ9CQrOpJKg
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:33:56 pm by Limeface »

aliensstudios

Sounds interesting. What platform(s) will this be on?
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

Limeface

PRO Supporter

Sounds interesting. What platform(s) will this be on?
So far they've announced it for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

soera

I just went and secured me a PS4 copy.

Reminds me of Ori and The Blind Forest which is a great thing and very affordable.  I'll definitely be grabbing this.

aliensstudios

I just went and secured me a PS4 copy.
Same, got the PS4 version secured. 14.99 doesn't seem like to bad a price.

Pre-ordered it myself.  Should be pretty fun.

Warmsignal

Scalpers are poised and ready! GS exclusive! RARE, because we bought every copy to sell it back to you!

gf78

Scalpers are poised and ready! GS exclusive! RARE, because we bought every copy to sell it back to you!

Sigh....and so it begins.  Scalpers can go F themselves.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

aliensstudios

I have a feeling that roughly 1/3 of the people buying from Limited Run Games are just going to scalp the copies.  :(

soera

I have been on their forums trying to get them to set up some kind of pre-order system for followers. Hopefully this sell out this morning shows them that the demand for stuff is out there.

gf78

I'm going to try to preorder a copy.  I figure it shouldn't be a problem as GameStop should keep taking preorders since they are publishing and have control over how many get printed. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Flashback2012

I'll snag a pre-order for the game this weekend.  ;)

I fear GS is calling it a physical release but at 14.99 we're just gonna get a case with a dlc certificate in it, not an actual disc.

retroone

I fear GS is calling it a physical release but at 14.99 we're just gonna get a case with a dlc certificate in it, not an actual disc.

That's why I'm holding off til' the game actually comes out. I don't want to have flashbacks of Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris again.