Author Topic: February 2016 Pick Up's and Finds.  (Read 31189 times)

telly

Re: February 2016 Pick Up's and Finds.
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2016, 03:00:22 pm »
Arc the Laaaaad  :) Add another RPG series to play my first game from at some point. I still have Golden Sun and Dragon Quest VIII!
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2016, 06:21:51 pm »
Just got Tiny Toon Adventures pluckys big adventure, turok rage wars, and mickey mouses magical mirror in the mail.  Listing for magical mirror said manual, cover art, and packaging, arrived in a DVD case with manual cover art and game... now i need to get more replacement gamecube cases.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2016, 09:28:13 pm »
Today was a Sega kind of day at Goodwill:

mrnikon

« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2016, 12:39:35 am »
I have finally moved current gen...Just picked up a PS4 the Call of Duty Black Ops 3 bundle, and Star Wars Battlefront, and the Uncharted Collection.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2016, 09:40:36 am »
I have finally moved current gen...Just picked up a PS4 the Call of Duty Black Ops 3 bundle, and Star Wars Battlefront, and the Uncharted Collection.

Welcome to the 21st Century!

mrnikon

« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2016, 09:42:43 am »

Welcome to the 21st Century!

Just one issue I have been trying to get my FDS VS Excite Bike disc in the drive and it wont fit...

aliensstudios

« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2016, 11:01:26 am »

Sonic 3D Blast is actually an excellent game in my opinion and I don't know why it gets so much hate. The Sega Genesis version is good but the Saturn version is definitive because of the music and the better looking graphics. It's definitely worth a play if you've go the time.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

gf78

« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2016, 11:16:23 am »

Sonic 3D Blast is actually an excellent game in my opinion and I don't know why it gets so much hate. The Sega Genesis version is good but the Saturn version is definitive because of the music and the better looking graphics. It's definitely worth a play if you've go the time.

I think a lot of the hate stems from the move to 3D.  I didn't care for the gameplay, much as I didn't care for the gameplay of Super Mario 64.  Everything just seemed clumsy to me.  Just personal opinion of course.  About two years ago, I came into possession of a mint condition, complete copy of Sonic 3D Blast for the Saturn.  It was a gorgeous copy.  A friend of mine really wanted it so I sold it to him. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

aliensstudios

« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2016, 11:53:14 am »

I think a lot of the hate stems from the move to 3D.  I didn't care for the gameplay, much as I didn't care for the gameplay of Super Mario 64.  Everything just seemed clumsy to me.  Just personal opinion of course.  About two years ago, I came into possession of a mint condition, complete copy of Sonic 3D Blast for the Saturn.  It was a gorgeous copy.  A friend of mine really wanted it so I sold it to him.
I have Sonic 3D Blast for Saturn but it's missing the manual (meh) and I have a copy for Genesis as well and I've played and beat them both. I always liked those isometric games. Just recently I bought a game called Whizz for SNES because it was cheap and looked cool (occasionally I buy games just based off of the cover) and BINGO! It was an isometric 3D game and I love it. I also like a game called Ka-Blooey for SNES and it's in isometric style but it's more of a puzzler type game. I don't consider the isometric view to be 3D though, it's just a tilted take on the overhead view to me.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2016, 12:42:55 pm »
I had Sonic 3D Blast for my Saturn. But I sold my Saturn collection a few months back. So this was a replacement copy.

Yeah, the Saturn version is better. With some added animations and such. But it's not a HUGE difference. The Genesis version is still basically the same game and quite playable.

aliensstudios

« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2016, 12:46:58 pm »
I had Sonic 3D Blast for my Saturn. But I sold my Saturn collection a few months back. So this was a replacement copy.

Yeah, the Saturn version is better. With some added animations and such. But it's not a HUGE difference. The Genesis version is still basically the same game and quite playable.
They pretty much are identical yes, I think the only difference is the bonus stages. Fun fact, the PC version has different bonus stages as well. The music in the Saturn version though, it's just incredible. My favorite track in the Genesis version is from the Ice world which funnily enough was used in Sonic RPG for Nintendo DS.

« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2016, 12:53:23 pm »
The saturn version has updated textures, I just recently saw a comparison on it, and the Saturn version looks much better than the Genesis version.

« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2016, 01:12:17 pm »
Well, I bought a toaster...

And some games... I'm embarrassed to admit I paid 9 bucks for SMB/DH, even though that's what VGPC says it's worth. I only paid 8 for Luigi's Mansion though.

I got these for 2 bucks each at the Salvation Army Store.

I bought this a while back and never posted it... 35 for everything.

Similar story here...

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2016, 06:06:15 pm »
Last N64 Game I've bought for this week
-A Bug's Life

Also another game came in today and Honestly it might be because there has been about 2+ weeks of people posting that they got a copy of this game with the wait it feels underwhelming to finally have this
-Saturday Morning RPG on the VITA

desocietas

« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2016, 06:54:59 pm »
Last N64 Game I've bought for this week
-A Bug's Life

Also another game came in today and Honestly it might be because there has been about 2+ weeks of people posting that they got a copy of this game with the wait it feels underwhelming to finally have this
-Saturday Morning RPG on the VITA

Haha, there just happens to be a lot of us who decided to go for it :) Congrats on snagging a copy!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas