Author Topic: Carcassonne For ds  (Read 1647 times)

caiterz

Carcassonne For ds
« on: February 27, 2016, 03:42:34 am »
Why has this game disappeared off the face of the earth? Not on eBay, amazing, price charting, here, etc.

I remember beating it years ago and want to buy it again... But can't find where o.O

Re: Carcassonne For ds
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 10:50:47 am »
If you can read itialian >_>: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Carcassonne-nintendo-DS-ITA-/351424777354?hash=item51d28c8c8a:g:I-UAAOSwKrhVewPz

It seems to be a rare ds title, i didn't even know it existed till this post.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 11:50:57 am »
or this one http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B002M99UZ8/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used if you don't mind German artwork.

The first seller "medimops" ships to the US for €11 so the total sum would be something like ~$35.

You can use your amazon.com log-in data to access the German amazon.

The artwork is German, if there is a voice output in-game it seems to be German as well, but the manual and the on-screen text comes in four languages including English. At least that's what the description says ;)

caiterz

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 01:07:05 pm »
It came out in English... Gamefaqs has a release date for it T.T

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 01:22:12 pm »
But there appears to be no copy that came out to NA available for purchase online. You're most likely going to have to wait a while for one to appear on ebay.

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 01:37:49 pm »
Yeah my research leads to the same. Thankfully the system is region free and there's an English setting. The German Amazon option seems good or that one sold from Italy goes worldwide on eBay. Good luck! I'll try to pick one up myself one day. It's a fun game.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 05:22:41 pm »
Playing a boardgame on a ds, not my cup of tea.

seen some in europe for 10 - 15 euro's.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 09:00:25 pm »

Handy feature in the electronic versions of tabletop games - it tallies up the points for you. So handy at the end of the game.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 12:35:24 pm »

Handy feature in the electronic versions of tabletop games - it tallies up the points for you. So handy at the end of the game.

Sure but you can't cheat in game or fool your opponent. In electronic versions these things lack aside from probably not having a human opponent.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 12:36:55 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 01:33:15 pm »

Sure but you can't cheat in game or fool your opponent. In electronic versions these things lack aside from probably not having a human opponent.

Very true - the nice thing about playing in person is that you can sometimes deceive or manipulate the other player into doing something that works out for you later rather than a computer algorithm.  I wish there were more time or friends available to play in person, but alas, it's often not the case for me.

I only have 3 import games for the DS, so I wouldn't mind adding another to the collection, honestly :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 01:50:26 pm »
I never heard of it till yesterday on VG, and today i was reading a magazine, and there was a piece about it. Strange how the world works  ;D