Author Topic: How long do you devote to gaming each day, each week?  (Read 4111 times)

dreama1

How long do you devote to gaming each day, each week?
« on: March 04, 2016, 08:03:01 pm »
How much time do you devote to gaming each day, each week? And how long is to long/too little?

deftommo

Re: How long do you devote to gaming each day, each week?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 09:05:57 pm »
Maybe an hour or so every other weekday. Weekends I might set aside 4 or 5 hours a day.

aliensstudios

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 11:58:41 pm »
About 7 hours a week, maybe more, maybe less.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 12:05:53 am »
depends on my mood and if i got any new games. couple hours a week. to nearly 40 in a week when fo4 came out lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 01:32:32 am »
About 10 hours per week I would say

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 08:23:58 am »
In college I was doing probably 8-10 hours a day. It was pretty bad for a while. Since I've been working I've cut down to maybe 12 hours a week.

abe

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 08:44:44 am »
Depends on how much work I've got to do for my University courses, and how many hours I've got at work. I also play a lot more when I've got a new game I've been excited about. If I'm not really into anything at the moment, maybe 2 hours a day at most during the week, with a little more during the weekend. When I'm not busy and I've got something like Fire Emblem Fates to play, I'll play a great deal more. I was averaging more than 5 hours a day according to my 3DS when I was playing FEF: Conquest over the past couple weeks.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 01:19:49 pm »
It really fluctuates for me as well so it's hard to put a definitive number down. When tests or school in general are really tough then I don't game as much, but on easy weekends or vacation I usually play more. I don't watch TV or movies though, so I usually game when I have free time at the end of the weekday. If I had to guess I would say maybe 1 - 1.5 hours a day on average.
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 01:32:41 pm »
Probably somewhere in the 7 hours/week range. Being married with kids does a good job at restricting my playtime.

pacpix

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 03:37:06 pm »
To be completely honest over the past two years or so I have not gamed nearly as much.  It used to fill most of my free time, but except for a few cases where I have gotten really into a game, I probably only get a couple of hours of gaming in a week if that.  I don't know why, but often I'll start a game and then just not find as much enjoyment as I used to and end up thinking about work, school, etc. while playing rather than relaxing. I hope to change that with the recent release of Twilight Princess HD and my upcoming spring break :)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 07:19:16 pm »
It honestly varies a lot. I may go a few weeks without touching a controller only to melt into my couch for hours at a time. I usually feel a bit guilty if I spend more than two or three hours on one sitting, though. It all comes down to my schedule.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

maximo310

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 09:08:54 pm »
At least 30-45 min during the schoolweek, 2-3 hrs ate least on Fri-Sun.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 10:56:15 pm »
I finally finished school part of my job. So I play an average of 3-4 hrs every day.

jlink4603

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 02:10:40 am »
When I was younger, I was so intensely involved, I had to play, I was playing over and over and over, then I grew up, went into the military. Lost the fun. Then fell in love with it all over again. So in the asking of times. It varies day to day. From 1 hr. To all day sometimes
Retro Weekender

Gaming-Where Reality and Fantasy Collide

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 02:13:30 am »
Few hours a day, sometimes more since I have enough free time for it, so I usually end up doing a lot of gaming. Upwards of 50 a week probably.