Author Topic: Does anyone own any super rare games  (Read 16301 times)

Does anyone own any super rare games
« on: March 06, 2016, 11:51:38 am »
Buy super rare i mean games that you cant find on ebay or other stores. Could be a 5 dollar game or $5,000. A game like earthbound or little samson would not count because they can be bought easily if you dont mind paying crazy cash.

doctorlaudanum

Re: Does anyone own any super rare games
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 02:01:03 pm »
I've got a few reproduction carts and a couple limited run homebrews, if those count. The reproductions are especially rare now that their distributor (Timewalk Games) closed down shop, and I could probably make a pretty penny if I sold them since I paid a little extra for boxes and manuals. For something more official, I have a European press copy of the original Drakengard and a Japanese press copy of Drakengard 2. Y'know, stuff only I would enjoy. :P I'm sure there are others here who have something more interesting.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 02:32:37 pm »
Sadly no, :( .
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tpugmire

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 02:59:26 pm »
I don't know how "super rare" they are, but I have a few Atari computer games that I can't seem to find any info on.  Like at all.  Oh, and I also have supposedly the rarest Atari 2600 game of them all, the Magicard.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 03:03:46 pm by tpugmire »
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 03:30:49 pm »
Nooope.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 10:00:35 pm »
I have a lot of expensive stuff.  Just about anything can be found on eBay though.  Caltron 6-in-1 is probably the rarest thing I have.  It might be Nosferatu for the SNES.  I haven't seen that very often.   

*Edit:  I have a 5-screw Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!  I think there are only 15 of these that folks know of. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:47:39 pm by turf »

Warmsignal

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 10:19:07 pm »
Not super rare. Almost anything will turn up on eBay, but I've got a few that usually have very few listings, or occasionally none. One is BC Racers for Sega CD. Another is Rise of The Dragon for Sega CD, the paper box variant. Those don't turn up on eBay every day. I guess my definitive "super rare" game is SwordQuest Water World for Atari 2600, but it's always available to buy somewhere.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 10:20:45 pm »
Nope, not me personally, but I know two different people, one who owns Stadium Events and the other one used to own Mr. Boston Clean Sweep on the Vectrex.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 07:23:30 am »
I guess my rarest would be the Killzone 3 ''LIMITED'' Helghast Edition (not to be mistaken with the regular Hellghast edition). I can't find any on eBay. You could only get this version through Sony an a couple of other web sites. Limited to somewhere between 450-1000. No one has the exact number.

http://collectorsedition.org/game-db/killzone-3-limited-helghast-edition-ps3-1

theflea

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 08:03:07 am »
Wow, I have many super rare pieces in my collection. As for pieces that are so rare they never appear on Ebay Your talking holy grail games like Stadium Events or NWC90. I have many games to Extremely rare consoles like Gakken TV Boy or Casio PV-1000 that rarely ever appear on Ebay. I also have several homebrews for many systems that rarely appear on Ebay. The rarest games I own are the two Atari 5200 Prototype games Looney Tunes Hotel (plays exactly like Mario Hotel on CDi) and Sports Goofy.

But I also have super rare games like Dynastic Hero on T16CD, Keio Flying Squadron on SCD, Snatcher on SCD, Hagane on SNES, Final Fight Guy on SNES, Clay Fighter Sculptor's Cut on N64, Shantae on GBC, Musha on GEN, Panzer Dragoon Saga on SAT, American Mensa Academy on Wii, LSD on PS1JP, Pepsiman on PS1JP, Strip Fighter on PCE, and Racermate Challenge II on NES Just to name a few. I'd call these super rare but not holy grail games.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 09:06:31 am »
Can't think of any off the top of my head, but I know I own a handful of games that don't pop up on ebay frequently.

soera

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 09:43:18 am »
I have the entire set of 16 kiosk demos for the Sega master system.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 09:45:13 am »
I have the entire set of 16 kiosk demos for the Sega master system.

BOOM!

This still impresses me

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 09:48:17 am »
No.

Tbh most "super rare" games I know of, aren't games I'd actually have any interest in playing.

tripredacus

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 11:11:08 am »
Judge Dredd demo cart for Genesis. Here is a pic: