Author Topic: Other ways to sort your collection  (Read 2984 times)

realpoketendonl

Other ways to sort your collection
« on: March 06, 2016, 03:32:53 pm »
Currently, whenever you access your collection, search for something, or do anything else, the games will always get sorted in alphabetical order. I think some other ways to sort results would be nice, like by release date, date of addition to either the database or your own collection (if this is kept track of), or console (yes, I know the advanced search feature exists, but it's just an idea). What do you guys think?
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

retromangia

PRO Supporter

Re: Other ways to sort your collection
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 06:21:20 pm »
I agree 100% my friend... would like to see some new features added to this site.  It seems as development has come to a halt these past 6 months or so. 

I'd like to be able to organize my collection by specific letter as well.

aliensstudios

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 09:16:09 pm »
I think it'd also be cool to sort your collection by games, consoles, accessories, swag and interactive figures.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 12:40:26 pm »
Yeah, I asked for this not too long ago in my suggestions thread. I agree.

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 02:02:36 pm »
I agree as well! Don't worry, the admins and folks who work on the site do see these suggestions.

As far as what's going on in the background, there are always small tweaks being made on the site with bigger changes being tested first before being pushed out to everyone.  What may look like lack of development to the user might be a lot of testing, backend work, and cleanup for the admin.  We're all as anxious as the rest of you to keep up with requested features :D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 02:06:27 pm »
I agree as well! Don't worry, the admins and folks who work on the site do see these suggestions.

As far as what's going on in the background, there are always small tweaks being made on the site with bigger changes being tested first before being pushed out to everyone.  What may look like lack of development to the user might be a lot of testing, backend work, and cleanup for the admin.  We're all as anxious as the rest of you to keep up with requested features :D
I think people would be a little more at ease if their suggestions were acknowledged with a post by a staff member telling them that they'll take their suggestion into consideration. Like you do at times, which is appreciated.

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 02:13:12 pm »

I think people would be a little more at ease if their suggestions were acknowledged with a post by a staff member telling them that they'll take their suggestion into consideration. Like you do at times, which is appreciated.

I know the feeling :) I definitely try to read as much of the forum as I can, but even I miss things, for sure.  Sometimes it can be tricky to comment on someone's suggestion for various reasons... Sometimes it might be a feature that we're working on, but might not want to talk about it yet in case it falls through. Other times, it hasn't been discussed at all yet by the admins, so I, as an individual, might not feel it's appropriate to speak for all the admin.  Or it might be a suggestion that is outside of my scope of experience, so I either let it sit or pass it on to another admin.

Anyhoo, we love to hear suggestions and comments. That's one of the biggest things I love about this site. It's so heavily shaped by users in both the database submissions and forum activity.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 06:55:28 pm »
Currently, whenever you access your collection, search for something, or do anything else, the games will always get sorted in alphabetical order. I think some other ways to sort results would be nice, like by release date, date of addition to either the database or your own collection (if this is kept track of), or console (yes, I know the advanced search feature exists, but it's just an idea). What do you guys think?

Agreed, it would be nice to take a walk back through the collection in the order I acquired it. Seeing only the last 5 items is a tease.

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 07:00:25 pm »

Agreed, it would be nice to take a walk back through the collection in the order I acquired it. Seeing only the last 5 items is a tease.

If anything, there is a current walkaround of exporting the list and sorting by addition date, but it's certainly not as nice as having it on the site itself  :P
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 03:50:41 pm »
I 2nd this idea. That is one thing I do miss when I used RFGeneration, you could order your collection by title, release date, added to collection date, genre, console, and even publisher. It would be awesome to see this added, just so you could see what your preferences have become.

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 04:15:42 pm »
I think date of addition would be somewhat pointless as the majority of us started collecting long before the site was live so it'll just be large batches of games from a single system at a time until our collection were up to date.

I would like the option to sort by Published personally

desocietas

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 06:17:11 pm »
I think date of addition would be somewhat pointless as the majority of us started collecting long before the site was live so it'll just be large batches of games from a single system at a time until our collection were up to date.

I would like the option to sort by Published personally

Sorting by release date would be fun, I agree.  This would make it easier to see our series items in some sort of order instead of just by alphabetical.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

doafan

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 12:54:47 pm »
Why I haven't seen this thread before anyway I'll love to see an option to organize my tittles by the Developer / Publisher am kinda or was a cRapc0m fan and definitely will be cool to see it applied even when I don\t have that many titles it will be excellent for those users that have tons of games  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy