Author Topic: The value of earthbound snes?  (Read 3841 times)

sworddude

Re: The value of earthbound snes?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 02:50:43 pm »
Pretty sure Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are both fairly pricey.  I wanna say Path of Radiance is near if not over $100.  And Radiant Dawn and the first GBA games are fairly pricey for CIB.

I mean maybe, but you said so yourself, had they not been placed in Smash we may not have received the games, in which case it'd be a moot point.

Path of radiance is pretty pricy but so are other rpg's.

Fire emblem is an rpg series and good rpg's wich aren't that common can fetch a high price.

Look at skies of arcadia gamecube and many other rpg series are those well known?

The prices for fire emblem games are pretty normal for your older rpg's.

If it really would be hyped by smash like eartbound did prices should have been 200+ euro's. However instead we have your typical expensive rpg prices.

My guess is that the value would have been the same with or without smash. The older fire emblem games are pretty uncommon except gba ones wich are 50 wich is normal for nice rpg's for that system. Fire emblem path of radiance is actually a pretty rare game, allot of people collect for gamecube and that is the one to get. Thanks to that path of radiance is particulary expensive not thanks to smash but thanks to it being a good but also rare game. Fire emblem radiant dawn was the worst selling fire emblem game ever, It's a pretty rare but good rpg. It's logical that the price is pretty high.

Also marth is the one that peope like the most yet the only western port starring marth shadow dragon isn't that expensive. Just around 70, fire emblem shadow dragon a pretty rare game and a high quality rpg I highly doubt the price would be different if marth would be in smash or not. There are allot rpg collectors and if a good rpg is rare prices are bound to go up. The prices of the fire emblem games aren't that strange when compared to other rpg's. Earthbound is insane however with it's high price tagg and at one point it commanded over a 1000.

Also note that they would have quit making fire emblem games after Fire emblem awakening so the older expensive fire emblem games would still be there. Also it is not thanks to the smash series that fire emblem continued making games since it was due to the succes of awakening itself. If sales would be bad fire emblem would have not made a newer 3ds title.  Personally I find it to be a lesser fire emlem title compared to the older titles, Fe fates looks even worse than awakening, but hey I can't judge since allot of people prefer this over the older titles. Fe has gone a bit to much to the animated road wich was definitly not the case in the wii and pre era of FE games and that the games are way easier than the older ones.

My guess is that the prices would be pretty much the same with or without smash. RPG's are expensive It's a true pain but it's fact. At least the fire emblem games are in the normal rpg prices and not overpriced like games such as earthbound and chrono trigger.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:57:32 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

tpugmire

Re: The value of earthbound snes?
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 03:46:08 pm »
I still think it's nuts that Earthbound became so expensive. Back in the day, I used to rent a lot of games. One day, the rental place I went to had a copy of Earthbound. I had never heard of it at that point, so I decided to give it a shot, and I liked it right off the bat.  Fast forward a year or two, and I saw a whole stack of them on clearance for like $20.00. I thought, hey I remember this game, I should buy it so I can finally beat it. It's been in my collection ever since. It wasn't until about 5 years ago that I discovered how valuable it was. Still blows my mind that nobody wanted it originally, and now everyone wants it.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com