Author Topic: Pokken Tournament (Gamestop ad)  (Read 1607 times)

soera

Pokken Tournament (Gamestop ad)
« on: March 22, 2016, 03:27:12 pm »
Gamestop has an ad right now that accidentally lists Pokken Tournament as $39.99 instead of $59.99. They themselves will not honor the ad but if you take it to some other places they will. I just left Best Buy with my copy.

Re: Pokken Tournament (Gamestop ad)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 03:53:00 pm »
ridin dirty

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 04:01:50 pm »
Gamestop has an ad right now that accidentally lists Pokken Tournament as $39.99 instead of $59.99. They themselves will not honor the ad but if you take it to some other places they will. I just left Best Buy with my copy.

Let me know if it's any good.  My kid wants it.

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 04:03:03 pm »
I was gonna do it, but I couldn't find an ad at any gamestop.  Most gamestops pulled the ad.

soera

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 04:30:13 pm »

You guys can play it next weekend!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 04:57:09 pm »

You guys can play it next weekend!

I guess we can!  I can't believe it's finally here!

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 06:17:05 pm »
That's a pretty hilarious story

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 11:44:38 am »
I don't blame you for taking advantage of that Best Buy price matching opportunity. I price match a lot at Best Buy and I have a gamers club card. There have been a few times where I just show a Best Buy employee a price online quickly and they grant the price match. They don't even care enough to look it up themselves to see if it's correct. I also have a friend who works there who has sold me brand new games for $15- $20. Putting in fake price matching stuff to get me big discounts. Got Hyrule Warrior Legends brand new at release for $14 because of him.

Badges

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 01:16:28 pm »
I don't blame you for taking advantage of that Best Buy price matching opportunity. I price match a lot at Best Buy and I have a gamers club card. There have been a few times where I just show a Best Buy employee a price online quickly and they grant the price match. They don't even care enough to look it up themselves to see if it's correct. I also have a friend who works there who has sold me brand new games for $15- $20. Putting in fake price matching stuff to get me big discounts. Got Hyrule Warrior Legends brand new at release for $14 because of him.

As amazing as this would be make sure he is careful he can very easily be fired for doing this. and depending on the local laws can even be arrested.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully