Author Topic: April 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 22137 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: April 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2016, 09:52:08 pm »
Haven't picked it up just yet, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if it becomes and May or even a June pickups post, but I'm currently in the midst of planning one of the biggest retro game purchases of my collecting life. A lot of great titles that i've been after for a while. Hope it all works out.

OOOOOOOOOOoooooooo Suspense!  I'm listening....

desocietas

« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2016, 10:15:13 pm »

-Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure (3DS) <- The other reason I paid more than the average
-Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (WiiU & 3DS) <- The reason I bought the bundle

Rhythm Thief is an interesting one, and I'd definitely suggest picking up the bundle for that price for that game plus all the other goodies. I have it on cart already but I'm always a big fan of games that incorporate rhythm aspects.

I second this! I don't think it's worth the market price of something like $60 (last I checked), but it's definitely a great game if you like the rhythm genre. The story is simple but fun, and the mini-games are very varied! I only stopped playing because I can't for the life of me complete a level, I believe it's R31. The system-tilting is impossible for me to get correctly, and it really seems like a hit-or-miss among people on forums  ::) Nevertheless, I have had a lot more fun than anything else with that game, and for the Humble price I really recommend it  :)

:O I had no idea it'd jumped in price like that!

I got it through Gamefly back in the day, and I figured it was one of those interesting niche games that I'd never find in the wild...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

PlayerC90

« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2016, 05:59:26 am »
Stuff I got this month (1 or 2 games may be from March):

Gunner amiibo
Sword Fighter amiibo
Mr. Game & Watch amiibo
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Collector's Edition (the box was damaged a bit in the mail sadly, but I'm still happy to finally own it)
Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks!
Inazuma Eleven GO: Shadow
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Persona 4 Arena

I also bought Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (US import with OST) but it hasn't arrived yet.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2016, 12:15:03 pm »
Yesterday was King's Day here in the Netherlands, so I managed to snag some great deals. King's Day is a national holiday in the Netherlands where we celebrate the king's birthday, and one of the most beloved traditions is the flea market. Almost every city and village in the country has a flea market on King's Day, so it's the perfect day to snag up some great deals.

I had to do some voluntary work during the day, so I missed a deal on an original Xbox for €5. Luckily, my brother got that one. As for me, this is my King's Day haul:

Apart from the non-gaming related Guy Fawkes mask and magnetic tabletop game, I got a universal remote control for my two tv's, since neither of them still has the original remote (and one of them doesn't even have the minus-button anymore).

As for actual gaming stuff, I got Lego Racers on PC for just €1, and Sonic Unleashed for €2, both still in really good shape and Sonic Unleashed is complete with the manual. Even for King's Day, that's a great deal.

But the most notable thing is obviously that console. I have no clue what it is. Obviously it's a Wii rip-off console, but all I know is that it was probably created by a company called Hamy, that the 18-in-1 game is obviously trying to copy Wii Sports, and that it's probably called Digitron (even though there's absolutely no labeling on the console whatshowever). I paid €3,50 for the console, the 2 cartridges that came with it, and all the controllers and plastic accessories.

To put it bluntly, it's horrible. I won't go into detail here, but just watch ProJared's video on the worst console ever if you want to know more. I have different games with it, but the console seems to be almost identical. But I did get a few good laughs out of it, just from the pure random things it threw at me (a complete 16-bit remake of the Wii Sports menu, completely fake motion controls, batteries that won't fit because the spring is wáááy too strong, a bootleg Ariel from the Little Mermaid, and that's just the tip of the iceberg), so I can't complain too much. At least it's something unique in my collection :)

Also, my local toy store was having a huge discount on amiibo; 50% of all figures. So I got Link and Fox, which now puts me at 26 amiibo in total.

So now I'm up to 26, namely:
Smash series:
Peach
Rosalina & Luma
Bowser Jr.
Yoshi
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Charizard
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Robin
Captain Falcon
Zero Suit Samus
Meta Knight
Wii Fit Trainer
Duck Hunt-duo
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Mii Gunner
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Link
Fox

Other:
8-bit Mario - Classic Colours
Shovel Knight

And then there's the Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle. Now that I can actually get it, I got it, so now I also have Retro City Rampage DX and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS).

So to summarize, in the last two days, I got:
  • Lego Racers (PC)
  • Sonic Unleashed (Wii)
  • Digitron console bundle, including:
    • The console
    • A regular controller
    • Two motion controllers
    • Two games;
      • 18 in 1 Sports Game
      • Sports Game 69 in 1
    • A bunch of plastic accessories for the motion controllers
  • Retro City Rampage DX (3DS)
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS)
  • Link amiibo
  • Fox amiibo
I must say, I'm very pleased :)
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2016, 04:42:57 pm »
Rarely do I find anything good at Goodwill.  Like 90% of the time, there's nothing there.  I walked in and browsed the usual stuff, the games and CD's, seeing the same crap games from a week ago, but laying out towards the bottom of the shelf, flat out so I could see his polygonal mug, is Mumbo!  It's a VHS promo type for Banjo-Kazooie! So awesome lol Finding something like this, let alone for one of my favorite games is just cool.

« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2016, 04:45:02 pm »
Rarely do I find anything good at Goodwill.  Like 90% of the time, there's nothing there.  I walked in and browsed the usual stuff, the games and CD's, seeing the same crap games from a week ago, but laying out towards the bottom of the shelf, flat out so I could see his polygonal mug, is Mumbo!  It's a VHS promo type for Banjo-Kazooie! So awesome lol Finding something like this, let alone for one of my favorite games is just cool.

Rad, I love those things.  I still have my Star Fox 64 tape.

rayne315

« Reply #186 on: April 28, 2016, 05:31:34 pm »

But the most notable thing is obviously that console. I have no clue what it is. Obviously it's a Wii rip-off console, but all I know is that it was probably created by a company called Hamy, that the 18-in-1 game is obviously trying to copy Wii Sports, and that it's probably called Digitron (even though there's absolutely no labeling on the console whatshowever). I paid €3,50 for the console, the 2 cartridges that came with it, and all the controllers and plastic accessories.

I must say, I'm very pleased :)

Oh god KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!! lol I have no idea the exact one you have but most rip off consoles are extreamly cheap and as such experience so many issues caused by shitty low quality hardware. Just think of the main goal of a ripoff console. to either make more money than you get sued for or to make it extreamly hard to track your company so it is impossible to get sued.

Its actually a great find and Im glad you got it! I have 2 wii ripoffs and 3 other ripoff consoles. most of them retail for ~25-35 USD but they are the systems you usualy are unable to find outside of retail, so its kind of weird someone was selling it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:33:20 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

realpoketendonl

« Reply #187 on: April 28, 2016, 06:07:21 pm »

Oh god KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!! lol I have no idea the exact one you have but most rip off consoles are extreamly cheap and as such experience so many issues caused by shitty low quality hardware. Just think of the main goal of a ripoff console. to either make more money than you get sued for or to make it extreamly hard to track your company so it is impossible to get sued.

Its actually a great find and Im glad you got it! I have 2 wii ripoffs and 3 other ripoff consoles. most of them retail for ~25-35 USD but they are the systems you usualy are unable to find outside of retail, so its kind of weird someone was selling it.

That's what I love about flea markets. Anyone can sell anything. I've found stuff on flea markets that was way weirder than this :)

I remember seeing a console very similair to this at my local warehouse when I was a kid. I was intrigued by it, probably because of my huge love for the Wii, but I never got it, until now. :)

You're right though, the quality is terrible, even the on-button feels somewhat broken. Heck, even the battery slot and AV-cables don't work right! But I'm a huge sucker for obscure and unique (or "unique" in this case) gaming hardware. I don't know what it is, but it has a certain kind of charm. Maybe I just like this one due to my love for the Wii, who knows. But for €3,50, I did get some good laughs out of it. I definitely don't regret buying it. :)
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2016, 10:55:18 pm »
Haven't picked it up just yet, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if it becomes and May or even a June pickups post, but I'm currently in the midst of planning one of the biggest retro game purchases of my collecting life. A lot of great titles that i've been after for a while. Hope it all works out.

OOOOOOOOOOoooooooo Suspense!  I'm listening....

*sigh* I just had to jinx it :(

The deal is still technically on, but I ended up getting far fewer games from this game than I had hoped for. The guy I'm making a deal with is a mega collector (think Flea-Tier) who is selling off 90% of his collection right now. Just to give you an idea, the guy has things like boxed Panic Resteraunt and Flintstones 2, Hagane, and other stuff you rarely see. I'm not getting anything that amazing off him, but still stuff that is hard to come by. Still happy about what I am getting though :)

rayne315

« Reply #189 on: April 28, 2016, 11:00:18 pm »
Here is my entire months worth of games. at the begining of the month (first week) i splurged and bought most of the items shown here. got a bunch (27? ps2 games) off of gf78 for a very reasonable price. only about 5 of these came from garage sales. although I had an AMAZING month garage saleing the majority of the finds were doubles which allowed me to sell them. I now have $150 store credit above what I spent total in garage sales. so im looking forward to using that up when something good comes in.

from the garage sales i got:

Wii system all cords 4 controlers disney infinity base and skylanders base.
Klona 2: disc only
Jumpack: disc only
Legendary axe II: CIB :)
tintin
chicken blaster
and the blue SP

Its late here so I am going to sleep but I will post individual games tomorrow/ the weekend.

now that im looking though I sware I have a few more not in the pics...

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:02:00 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

maximo310

« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2016, 01:06:18 am »
I picked up the launch edition of Etrian Odyssey Untold at GS for about $20. The only problem was that the outer box was in kinda crappy condition, no design book/cd, and I had to use a spare case/manual for the cart.  But it's still a pretty good deal, especially for the launch edition prices right now being pretty high for a physical atlus game in the current gen.

and Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii)- $7
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 07:36:58 pm by maximo310 »

sworddude

« Reply #191 on: April 29, 2016, 09:46:04 am »
Had some awesome adds for the last two weeks

First of all some pokemon guides wich costed me nothing at all

The strange thing is that strategy guides come from collectors and I can buy them for 5 to 7,50 euro a piece shipping included in a lot. Strategy guides are pretty much never in hands of regular people so I find it pretty strange.

Even after selling a few I made my money back since most good guides I fetch 15 20 euro sometimes even more each. Definitly not a problem for me I'll happilly take take that sir  ;)

I've managed to snag a ps3 console for free in the collection with ni no kuni lol came with a gameboy deal

Konami krazy racers was also free

Everything in excellent shape, the ps3 console has all the inlays but no manuals. Furthermore it might be the worst ps3 console because of it's low memory but it was free and in excellent plus that i would only use the ps3 for only a few games.

Killer 7 cib
shin megmi tensei cib
phantasy star xbox cib

costed me 5 euro's in the end

Also the following games

tokobot psp cib
guilty gear psp cib
dragon rage ps2 cib
wipe out fusion cib
spy vs spy ps2 cib
bomberman 2 ds

20 euro's after trading some games in it costed me nothing. Jeez didn't know these kinda stores existed especially since i could never get those prices for the games I traded in.

The monster hunter tri control pro pack in excellent condition all inlays etc included 27 euro's shipped. i doubt i will find it any cheaper especially in this shape. I've could buy one in the past for same price but in horrible shape.

Dark stalkers 3 cib ps1 excellent shape
tiny tank ps1 cib excellent shape

Both for free

The mario gba sp console. This console wich is the most easy one to find of the special edition has teased me way to many times. I always miss out on it but finally I've managed to get one for free in excellent shape.

Castlevania chronicles psp 8,50 euro shipping included. Thank you strange webshop, even if it was a platinum version I had nothing to lose since this game goes for 20 - 30 euro's. In the end it was the normal version in excellent shape really pleased.

And finally after some years a Boxed nes console for a decent price. Picked it up today.

60 euro's the box is in outstanding condition on all sides well pleased. It's a bit more than I was willing to spend but the facts are that one does not stand a chance if one wants a very good upwards condition nes console boxed. 40 - 50 euro's it's impossible 60 euro's is also a miracle because everyone pays insane prices.

Even in bad shape it goed for 80 euro's these days, in this kinda condition I would be lucky to get it for 100 it might even get to 150.

Might be missing the system manual but that's way to easy to get can't complain finally a Boxed NES console

Outstanding two weeks can't complain. kingsday was a bust thanks to the bad weather compared to the former years but these deals made me forget about that day especially happy with the NES console.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

soera

« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2016, 12:51:55 pm »
Decided to expand the SMS set and picked up all 7 card games CIB (with hang tab of course).

« Reply #193 on: April 29, 2016, 03:23:13 pm »
Found a couple things at the thrift shop with two of the Pac Man World games and a copy of Ruby that came bundled with two Dora games, but for 5 bucks, I'll take 'em lol

« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2016, 10:45:48 pm »
Probably my last adds for the month as it is storming right now and I have a contractor coming out to look at my house, so probably no hunting this weekend.

Kid Icarus (NES)
Beetle Adventure Racing (N64)
Vigilante 8 Second Offense (N64)
Mario Golf (N64)
Shadowgate (N64)
Gex 64 (N64)
Bust A Move 99 (N64)
Midway Arcade Greatest Hits Volume 1 (N64)
Assassin's Creed DS (NDS)
Death Jr. 2 (PSP)
Duke Nukem Total Meltdown (PSX)
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (PSX)
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (PSX)
Jersey Devil (PSX)
Warhammer (PSX)
Point Blank (PSX)
Final Doom (PSX)
Sheep Raider (PSX)
X-com (PSX)
Air Combat (PSX)