Author Topic: Has a video game ever made you cry?  (Read 4463 times)

telly

Re: Has a video game ever made you cry?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 05:04:21 pm »
Never cried but Mother 3 gave me feels. It might have been the only game to do that. I'm a pretty tough nut to crack.
Same for me man, same. I love that game in part because of how emotional it was!

Me too, though I'm sure you can tell by my profile picture. :P

The part where Lucas finally discovers the identity of the Masked Man is really emotional, despite how obvious his identity was to the player up until that point. It was the first time I really felt anything like that when playing a video game.

Oh, totally: I actually used music from this game in a palliative care project that I did from school about death and dying. It fit so well for the what I was trying to do and I could talk over it with my project. It was just really powerful, my teacher was very impressed.

I used the music from the sunflowers scene, along with others. That sunflower scene was so sad!  :'(
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

stealthrush

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 08:00:30 pm »
The Walking Dead season one gave me the feels lol. I think that's the only one that made me tear up a little.

Close to shedding a tear after defeating the last boss, watching the last cinematic of these games;

- Galerians (Playstation)
- Silent Hill 2 (Playstation 2)

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 09:08:58 am »
I don't think so, I really can't recall.  I think some point in Wild Arms 3 might have made me emotional, but I can't recall.

I know Walking Dead's ending and The Last of Us both made me emotional, but I don't think I cried.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 11:31:49 am »
^ Yeah, Walking Dead Season 1 (the game) had a rough ending. That whole game had some rough stuff through-out. Such an emotionally-driven story. So much so, that Season 2 (the game) was just completely underwhelming.

rayne315

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 03:40:47 pm »
I never cried playing any particularly story driven games but I have teared up when I went and watched a play through of the Genocide run in undertale after finishing my pacifist run.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2016, 02:27:47 am »
Never cried, but the part in Shenmue 2 where you find out what Shenmue means always gives me massive feels! It's such a beautiful game :)

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 02:31:54 am »
I'm abit of a softie, can tear up abit if a story is done well enough for happy or sad reasons, though I was getting choked up with Walking Dead Season 1 for sure.  Off the top of my head, I'm struggling to think of other specific instances at the moment, though I know I have a couple.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:33:37 am by kamikazekeeg »

tripredacus

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2016, 10:03:27 am »
At some point during Wind Commander: Prophecy. I recall near the beginning that your CO can lose his ship and use the escape pod. He is alive then but for some reason you have no rescue options. So the game builds up this character prior to this and then this happens. And I had spent the rest of the mission protecting his escape pod. After the mission is done, you can choose to just stay there floating in space or warp back.

This was a long time ago but it was the first thing I thought of.

thomascozine

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2016, 07:21:23 pm »
Most recently mission 43 "Shining Lights, Even in Death" of Metal Gear Solid 5. MAJOR SPOILERS if you haven't played.

There's another Wolbachia outbreak on Mother Base. You go in to find out what has happened and save your men. Unfortunately, there is no saving any of the infected. In order to contain the outbreak you must kill your own men! Some don't want to die and will try to stop you. Some are in such shock and beg for the lives. Lastly, there are some that understand and accept their fate but want you to kill them. Your men salute you as you shoot them in the head. All while the theme from Peace Walker plays. These aren't just some random NPCs. These are YOUR men. People you've Fulton extracted and volunteers. When they're dead they're dead. After which there's a funeral service. Venom Snake stops just before the ashes of his men from the outbreak are spread at sea. He instead decides to spread some on his face and say "I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you. Plant your roots in me. I won't see you end as ashes. You're all diamonds." He decides that they will make diamonds from their ashes and take them into battle. From that point on in the game you have a diamond on your left arm in their memory. Such a powerful scene.

doafan

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2016, 08:15:55 pm »
Only two manly games have ever made me cry: Gears of War 2 when Dom had to kill Maria cried like a fucking little boy not only for his pain, really wanted to see them as a family I even did my best to find her quickly cause I has the idea that this might will help me to find her alive also cried when Dom sacrifices himself at Gears of War 3 gotta say that the developers did an splendid job with this character, a badass dude, a family man, a loyal fiend, a soldier with guts of steel, he even at this date is my main character at the hordes of this game cause want someway or another to take revenge  :'(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2016, 06:36:27 am »
Never cried playing a video game. However, show me the end of Toy Story 3 again and I'll lose it.

desocietas

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 03:16:17 pm »
Never cried playing a video game. However, show me the end of Toy Story 3 again and I'll lose it.

Oh man, those movies know how to tug at the heartstrings.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 04:57:25 pm »
Cid dying in Final Fantasy VI. Also, how come nobody mentioned Aeris yet?

spac316

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 07:10:34 pm »
I got a little choked when Aeris/Aerith died in Final Fantasy VII. Otherwise I never burst to tears or anything.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 09:49:26 pm »
I got a little choked when Aeris/Aerith died in Final Fantasy VII. Otherwise I never burst to tears or anything.

Aeris Dies??????? :o

Spoiler Alert man!  ;)