Author Topic: Remove doubles / Add quantity?  (Read 664 times)

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Remove doubles / Add quantity?
« on: April 17, 2016, 12:27:52 pm »
I wanted to suggest a way to remove the option of inputting an item twice in your collection to avoid people from accidentally adding doubles and just add a quantity option from 1 to 99 on each item under the notes section. I think it would make things a little cleaner looking. Quantity could also add to the collection count.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 01:39:30 pm by mrfoxhound »

Badges

desocietas

Re: Remove doubles / Add quantity?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 01:12:04 pm »
Occasionally a user asks for this, but we decided that sometimes people do want to list their dupes in their collection. Having the ability to list them as separate items rather than just a quantity is because not all dupes are equal in a collection. One item might be missing a manual, another might be sealed. Allowing separate listings allows for different descriptions to be added. The user can definitely choose to use a number in their notes field to indicate quantity, but we wanted to offer users the option.

Dupes also can happen in a sell list as well.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Re: Remove doubles / Add quantity?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 01:39:10 pm »
Occasionally a user asks for this, but we decided that sometimes people do want to list their dupes in their collection. Having the ability to list them as separate items rather than just a quantity is because not all dupes are equal in a collection. One item might be missing a manual, another might be sealed. Allowing separate listings allows for different descriptions to be added. The user can definitely choose to use a number in their notes field to indicate quantity, but we wanted to offer users the option.

Dupes also can happen in a sell list as well.
Yeah, I took the whole different conditions thing into consideration and figured they could go more in details with condition in notes but I understand.

Badges