Author Topic: Video game tattoos?  (Read 1101 times)

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Video game tattoos?
« on: April 20, 2016, 01:25:19 am »
Before posting this thread I noticed there was a similar thread back in 2014, I didn't want to necro the thread because that's generally looked down upon. So, does anyone here besides me have any gaming related tattoos? If so, where and what is it from? Feel free to post photos if you have any.

Badges

Re: Video game tattoos?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 03:11:01 am »
I plan to get one, something Zelda related, but never did settle on what I want exactly.  I don't just want like a standard Tri-Force or Hyrulian symbol that is the standard, I want to figure out something that makes sense as Zelda related, but I'm gonna find an artist to make it slightly more interesting if possible.  Eventually I'll figure that out before I get too old and I'm like 40 and looking to get a gaming tattoo lol

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 11:23:46 am »
too bad the old manager of the gamestop back home got a promotion the corporate. He had a brother that was a tattoo artist and as such had 2 sleeves of just video game characters. they started close to his shoulders with characters and sprites from the Atari 2600 and the time period (even pong paddles) and ended at the last time I saw him with Nathan drake being the last one added being added to his chest (his arms were completely filled and they worked the other way)

during midnight releases of games he would always hold contests in the store like whoever is the best player at this game gets a free copy and would always have a guess my most recent tattoo contest for a copy of whatever game we were waiting for. he was the reason why that location had the most pre-ordered games consistently in the entire Midwest.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

slipknotsam

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 04:27:54 pm »
I started a video game sleeve a while ago, I have donkey and diddy, Link, Boo, Kirby, Metroid, Ness and a blue shell. It sort of on hold now cause I'm too broke. I can't wait to continue.
Now Playing:
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Catherine (PS3) - Working towards the platinum.
Ni No Kuni (PS3)

Speedrunning:
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (SNES)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 07:22:17 pm »
Always wanted to do maybe like a triforce, or an NES controller.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 07:44:13 pm »
It's not video game related, but it is nerd-related.

My Green Lantern tattoo. I got it when I was 17. Only tattoo I have. I really do want more, but they're just really expensive, and I always seem to have something else I'd rather spend or have to spend the money on.

soera

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 10:17:07 pm »
I have 2 atm. I have a DQ slime on my right bicep and this on my right calf (although mine is the correct color) :

soera

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 10:17:46 pm »
I also have at least one more planned. Im going to get the Dual shock button array on my forearm.