Author Topic: Do you have any NIB Sealed games?  (Read 2593 times)

thewelshman

Re: Do you have any NIB Sealed games?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 01:07:03 pm »
I have a few here and there that I haven't gotten to. Only two do I really not plan on opening, and those are Class of Heroes 2G, and Summon Knight 5 due to the fact that their numbered, and I have them digitally to play. I can't say they're sealed because they'll be worth a ton when I'm old and gray, but who knows. Plus, I might as well keep them sealed for protection. Other than that, I have a few sealed CE/LEs like Tales of Symphina.

desocietas

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 03:26:39 pm »
I definitely have some, but mostly because of backlog.  I also enjoy unboxing items on stream before I play them.  Seems like a nice thing to share with people since I love physical editions so much.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 06:07:45 pm »
I have a couple Atari 2600 games sealed, including one for the Supercharger. A couple floppy disk games for the Tandy Coco too. I have other ways of playing these so there's no need to open them

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2016, 10:46:41 am »
Battletoads nes found it for 5 bucks back in 2005

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2016, 06:48:22 pm »
I have a sealed copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 I bought at a charity auction that has the autographs of pretty much the whole American voice cast.

Otherwise, anything I have sealed is just because I haven't gotten to playing it yet.

theflea

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2016, 11:43:35 am »
When I buy a new game I keep it sealed til I want to play it. This way if time passes and I never get to the game I have it sealed.
So I have many sealed games on PS2, Xbox, PS3, XB360, Wii, Wii U, XBone & PS4. I do have a few retro sealed games and I have this guilt about opening them. lol I once bought a bunch of sealed Atari Jaguar games cheap and I opened them to try them out. I told this to a fellow collector and he yelled at me like I committed a crime saying that there was now one less sealed copy in the world. I didn't care, I wanted to play the games.

I don't hunt for retro sealed games due to cost and I do want to play them, every time I happen to get a sealed game I always want to find another loose copy. But if for some reason I find a sealed game at a garage sale I don't hesitate picking it up if cheap, but if I stop at a game store, a game expo or shop online I don't even look at sealed retro games.

Probably the rarest sealed game I own is Nosferatu on SNES.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:51:23 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"