Author Topic: Do you have any NIB Sealed games?  (Read 2609 times)

Do you have any NIB Sealed games?
« on: April 21, 2016, 10:51:23 pm »
I have a few NIB games that I got in trades a while ago. They make great display items if you don't intend on ever playing the game It works out.    I l love the feel of the shiny cellophane. It reminds me of being a kid and opening the games on Christmas lol.

abe

Re: Do you have any NIB Sealed games?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 10:58:40 pm »
The only sealed stuff I have are games I haven't gotten around to playing yet, with a couple exceptions. I probably won't open either of my copies of Summon Night 5 (I had a Japanese copy before the English NA version was announced), since the North American physical release came with codes for the digital version.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 11:20:04 pm »
I have a few sealed "retro" games.  I've found them all in the wild.  Why there was a sealed copy of The Jungle Book at a yard sale, I'll never know.  I think it's cool that they never got opened.  I'm not a sealed collector though.   I don't seek them out. 

Then, there are all the 360, PS3, Wii, and WiiU games that I never got around to playing.  I found most of them cheap and bought them on a whim.  I just don't play as many games as I'd like to. 

azure

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 11:20:50 pm »
No, I play all my games. Keeping games sealed is just not my thing.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 11:21:01 pm »
No, I don't like to have my games sealed since they're for playing. After buying games from a store, I'll take it home, open it up and put it on the shelf even if I don't plan on playing it anytime soon.

Badges

Warmsignal

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 11:47:46 pm »
Yep, sure do. Not too many old ones, but plenty of modern.

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 01:40:24 am »
I have several sealed games, but with a few exceptions they all will be opened someday so I can play them. Probably the coolest sealed game I ever came across was Majora's Mask. Found it at the flea market for $5 a few years back.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 04:10:15 am »
Yes they make easy for trades because there are lots of people collecting them.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 04:57:32 am »
Yeah I think I only have Persona 3 FES and Dragon Quest Monster 2 still sealed.

PlayerC90

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 05:06:49 am »
The only sealed game I own is Elminage Original LE, and that's only because it came with a digital copy included. At this point I don't think I'll open it, but this is an exception.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 08:05:09 am »
While I understand the attractivity of sealed games I cannot justify spending huge amounts of money only to have an item with some shrinkwrap around it (I only collect GB/GBA retro games).
I have a sealed copy of GTA1 for the PSX though. It looks really beautiful on the shelf but then again, I only took it as it was dirt cheap. I am more into collecting games without spending too much money, putting them into box protectors and enjoying their uniform look on the shelf. :)

kashell

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 08:22:54 am »
No, I play all my games. Keeping games sealed is just not my thing.

This is my philosophy, too. The game is going to be played, so the shrink wrap needs to go.

tripredacus

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 09:55:51 am »
I have many sealed games but I do not put a premium on them. I would have purchased them because they were a game rather than a sealed game. I will still mark an item as sealed in my collection notes. Nothing I have is worth more because it is sealed. If I did ever end up with a game that had an increased value because it was sealed (like a NES game or something) I would make effort to be rid of it and get it to someone who cares about such things.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 10:13:40 am »
I got 3
Muramasa the Demon Blade (Wii)
Sin & Punishment Star Successor (Wii)
The Legend of Kay (Wii U)
Legend of Kay I just got and waiting till I go play it to open it. The other 2 I already have playable copies of I actually picked them up on clearance for trade bait expecting to pay $15 but ended up getting them for the Clear-out price of $0.10

thomascozine

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2016, 12:56:28 pm »
Sealed retro games are too easy to fake. Besides, I wanna play the games I own. Hell, I made a show about it. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKtghYbCv4wlwHjhqtpZDEKw8uVYGc7Qr