Author Topic: What's the most you've ever spent on a single game?  (Read 2742 times)

Warmsignal

Re: What's the most you've ever spent on a single game?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 01:49:59 pm »
$160 - 170 on Magic Knight Rayearth. Was it worth it? No.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 02:08:01 pm »
I've never spent more than $60 for a game, and even then, it's rare that I spend that much. Usually I'm looking at $30 or under for a game.

I think the last $60 game I bought was Halo 5: Guardians for XBox One, and that was along with my console purchase.

The last time I spent $60 on a game alone was when I pre-ordered Skyrim.

maximo310

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 11:34:01 pm »
$150 for Dodonpachi Saidajouou Super Limited Edition for the Xbox 360, followed by $100 for a CIB Pokemon Box Ruby and Sapphire for the Gamecube. The first one was due to my interest in x360 shmups, and the super limited edition was pretty good compared to most of cave's le's( except for cave shooting collection which I still want at some point). The other one was due to interest and its rarity, especially since it has doubled in price since then.

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 05:20:12 am »
The price of the Fallout 4 Pipboy Edition? Hah totally worth it.

Flashback2012

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 02:08:19 pm »
SVC Chaos: SNK vs. Capcom (English AES). I'm pretty sure the total for that was $325.

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 03:12:19 pm »
Limited edition-wise: probably FFXV Ultimate Collector's Edition, coming up to $302 after shipping/taxes.

Kickstarter, without Backerkit add-ons: Knights & Bikes Collector's Edition at about $238

Otherwise, for things like eBay or through previous owners, I usually will purchase games for at most around $45-60 depending on the item.  I remember paying $80 for both .hack 3 & 4 and feeling like maybe I paid too much at the time.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 04:52:39 pm »
Limited edition-wise: probably FFXV Ultimate Collector's Edition, coming up to $302 after shipping/taxes.

Kickstarter, without Backerkit add-ons: Knights & Bikes Collector's Edition at about $238

Otherwise, for things like eBay or through previous owners, I usually will purchase games for at most around $45-60 depending on the item.  I remember paying $80 for both .hack 3 & 4 and feeling like maybe I paid too much at the time.
I'm jealous of that FFXV collector's edition but I'm also on the fence. I'm conflicted. :(

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 04:57:35 pm »

I'm jealous of that FFXV collector's edition but I'm also on the fence. I'm conflicted. :(

It's a loooot of money.  But for the fan that is my bf, having the soundtrack, the anime, artbook, and the full-length movie is worth it to him.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2016, 05:07:37 pm »

It's a loooot of money.  But for the fan that is my bf, having the soundtrack, the anime, artbook, and the full-length movie is worth it to him.
Yeah, $300 is a lot. I'm still kinda sobbing about paying almost $300 for my Hot Toys Naked Snake figure. Hell, that Kingdom Hearts 2.5 collectors edition I bought was a little over $100 and I thought it was too much.

Badges

soera

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2016, 01:33:15 am »
Oh lets see. My normal limit for anything in my collection is $100 but a few times I have broke it.

Kickstarter I broke it once : Shiness I got the $125 complete physical collection.

Otherwise a few of my consoles were over $100 with my DQ PS4 topping them all about $600.

Game wise I think my FF XV SE Ultimate is going to be the top.

sworddude

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2016, 04:06:19 am »

I actually think the most money of this CE is in the statue

If not for the statue this CE would cost 150 at most.

So many game CE's come with steel book soundtrack thick artbook etc for under a 100.

Some bluray dvd's won't get the price to high It's the statue that's so expensive.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

desocietas

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2016, 04:33:56 am »
Indeed. The figures of the other characters retail at $130 each. The included Noctise will include an exclusive weapon, if anything.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2016, 10:37:00 am »
Well I paid 200 for panzer dragoon saga back when it was only worth about 150.It was a favor to a friend so he could buy a psp.Turned out to be a a win win for me.