Author Topic: What is the optimal tempature to store games?  (Read 5530 times)

gf78

Re: What is the optimal tempature to store games?
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2016, 04:50:41 pm »
Live and let live.

And yet you're questioning the way I live.

How did I question the way you live?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2016, 04:53:32 pm »
Live and let live.

As an avid-supporter of marijuana, I can tell you that marijuana smoke does add to the yellowing of white systems. However, it does not leave that lingering, disgusting smell that cigarettes do.

I thought THC was frowned upon by the religious right.  Hmmm....

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2016, 04:57:52 pm »
Wow lol. Thanks everyone for the tips. I learnt a lot. I never knew you shouldn't leave discs in the console. I always do that.  Does anyone use those Packs that absorb moisture like you get in mail to protect moisture from games? They are called silica i think. I might put them around my games.  So basic rule of thumb based on consensus, is cooler then room temperture, about 55 to 65 degrees, no sunlight, no horizontals?
I'd say 60-70 degrees no direct sunlight.

Badges

gf78

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2016, 05:04:16 pm »
Live and let live.

As an avid-supporter of marijuana, I can tell you that marijuana smoke does add to the yellowing of white systems. However, it does not leave that lingering, disgusting smell that cigarettes do.

I thought THC was frowned upon by the religious right.  Hmmm....

Your lifestyle choices to use marijuana are in direct violation of the laws of God. Romans 13:1-7 states, “Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.”

Marijuana is illegal, hence you are rebelling against God. I'm not judging you. God is judging you.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2016, 05:10:16 pm »
Let's not bring this God nonsense in here.

Badges

rayne315

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2016, 05:13:01 pm »
so yeah im just going to say this so id does not escalate.

DO NOT ARGUE ABOUT RELIGION. THIS FORUM IS NOT THE PLACE FOR IT AND MAKE EVERYONE UNCOMFERTABLE.

If you must argue please take it somewhere else, we are more civilized than this guys.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2016, 05:31:05 pm »
so yeah im just going to say this so id does not escalate.

DO NOT ARGUE ABOUT RELIGION. THIS FORUM IS NOT THE PLACE FOR IT AND MAKE EVERYONE UNCOMFERTABLE.

If you must argue please take it somewhere else, we are more civilized than this guys.

I'm cool. I just don't appreciate smug people.

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2016, 06:39:33 pm »
anybody knows if the smoke (from cigarettes or weed) may damage the games? like the box etc

It will discolor systems, make covor art yellow/become not as vibrant, and in sufficient quantities cause the case to smell of it (exact same as cigarettes). the main difference between cigarettes and weed is:

the addictive nature of tobacco found in cigarettes causes you to smoke it more often, coupled with more chemicals in cigarettes, leading to quicker damaging results. So weed is still damaging to collections but at a slower rate compared to cigarettes.

any particulate in the air (dust, smoke, moisture) can potentially be damaging which is why air filtration is recommended. for most places though air conditioning/heater air filters is enough. I would just personally recommend either going outside if possible when smoking or going into another room from where you store your games.

allright guys thank you!

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2016, 06:43:48 pm »
and btw, smoke weed everyday  8)

soera

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2016, 07:02:31 pm »
There are plenty enough answers on this thread. Locking this thing up before it gets bad.