Author Topic: Is Twilight Princess good?  (Read 2432 times)

Re: Is Twilight Princess good?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2016, 03:59:45 pm »
The wii version is cheaper but one cannot simply ignore the gamecube version. Especially since grapics wise the gamecube and wii are pretty much the same.
I can't speak for this particular title; however overall that's not true.

It's a common exaggeration.

Although it's true Nintendo pushed aside power to focus on motion controls. The Wii certainly represents a hardware upgrade over the Gamecube.

The Wii is almost identical to the original Xbox in terms of horsepower. Slightly slower CPU but slightly faster GPU.

For later games maybe but twilight princess was an early title for wii

Grapic wise there is no difference at all It's the same. Furthermore since the component cable of the gamecube is slightly better the gamecube will also win in the grapics department for twilight princess.

Wii has more memory etc but power wise it is pretty much the same as gamecube since they only added some motion control gimmicks.

The only difference is that link is left handed in gamecube but right handed in wii version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHWoLggVQTA

Also in other comparison clips with the HD release they stick the wii and gamecube version together since they both have the same grapics.
No it doesn't just have more memory.

GameCube:
CPU - PowerPC "Gekko" 485 MHz
GPU - ATI "Flipper" 162 MHz
RAM - 24 MB main 1T-SRAM. 16 MB DRAM. 3 MB Video 1T-SRAM

Wii:
CPU - PowerPC-based 'Broadway' 729 MHz
GPU - ATI 'Hollywood' 243 MHz
RAM - 88 MB main RAM: 24 MB internal 1T-SRAM. 64 MB external GDDR3 SDRAM.

The Wii is a more powerful console all round.

And yet twilight princess on the gamecube has better grapics thanks to the superior component cable.
I think the words you were searching were for.....

"Wow, I was wrong. I like many others wrongly assumed that the Wii is just a Gamecube with a motion controller."

Dude if you can admit when you're wrong, then you'll learn more. Learning is fun :)

Sure I admit that the wii is better.

But I still stand by my point that the gamecube version of twilight princess has better grapics than the wii version.
I said with my very first post that I can't dispute that as I've never played the Gamecube version. However you also said the Wii is basically a Gamecube in terms of power. So I wanted to set you straight.

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 06:18:33 pm »
Yes.  Simply put lol

Of the 3D Zeldas, Ocarina places high due to nostalgia, but I might say that Twilight Princess could be my favorite.  I'm going through it with the HD release here, though I'm only past the forest dungeon.  Visually it's really interesting despite the muted color palette, Midna is a great partner character, and it's basically just like if you took Ocarina and made a better game.

tpugmire

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 08:49:30 pm »
It's funny you say that. I've heard others make the same comparison, and I get it to a certain degree. I just can't seem to get into Ocarina of Time. I didn't like it much when it was new, and I recently bought the 3DS remake, and am having trouble getting into it. It's not that it's a bad game, I just can't seem to care about it. I love Zelda games, and Twilight Princess is one of my favorites, but something is just off with Ocarina of Time.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2016, 08:13:44 am »
It's the darkest zelda game in the entire series.

I find Majora's Mask to be the the darkest entry, sure there is the Twilight Realm and the phantoms in TTP but the atmosphere in Majora's Mask is really disturbing IMHO. I love both of them anyway ^^
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

thecrypticodor

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 01:22:55 am »
There is also a gamecube version with pretty much the best controller ever made. I don't see the problem in controls.

The wii version is cheaper but one cannot simply ignore the gamecube version. Especially since grapics wise the gamecube and wii are pretty much the same.

The wii isn't better aside from some motion control gimmicks. The hardware was not much improved the two games are pretty much identical.

The funny thing is that the grapics are a bit better on gamecube since the component cable better than the wii component cable. funny thing since it is an older console.

Because of those gimmicky motion controls they had to mirror the Wii port so the sword would be in Links right hand. Because of this the Gamecube version is usually viewed as the definitive version. The only positive thing that can be said about the Wii version is that is supports 16X9 while the GC version does not.

Twilight Princess was my least favorite Zelda at the time of it's release aside from Majoras Mask, but it has grown on me over the years with repeated playthroughs. It's definitely a masterpiece when compared to Skyward turd.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:24:27 am by thecrypticodor »

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 02:45:57 am »
Twilight Princess is my favorite 3-d Zelda.. Gameplay is good as you'd expect. I like the art style; it felt cinematic when I played it for the first time. I don't hate windwaker (yet) or either of the N64 games, but TP is my favorite. Havent played Skyward sword.

(i will say that i prefer the 2D zelda games over all of the 3-d ones)
Nintendo Network: sloan011

Bomberman Blast: 4601 6171 3594