Author Topic: storing/displaying your SNES/GEN/NES/N64 carts?  (Read 2281 times)

storing/displaying your SNES/GEN/NES/N64 carts?
« on: May 11, 2016, 08:51:53 pm »
I know there were several plastic drawer-type containers for each of those systems, and there were even some neat wooden rotating options for NES.. but do any of you know of any cool storage options for these old cart games? something mildly portable (so no converted VHS drawers, shelves built into walls or wire racks, etc..)
Nintendo Network: sloan011

Bomberman Blast: 4601 6171 3594

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: storing/displaying your SNES/GEN/NES/N64 carts?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 09:36:35 pm »
There's always the ole shoe box.  I'm not too proud to say that I've got a bunch of my ole vidier gamez in shoe boxes.  All of the N64 games that I had back in the day are still in the same New Balance shoe box.

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 10:30:31 pm »
There's always the ole shoe box.  I'm not too proud to say that I've got a bunch of my ole vidier gamez in shoe boxes.  All of the N64 games that I had back in the day are still in the same New Balance shoe box.

I have a shoebox for women's sandals that is narrower than a tradtional shoebox and it fits my NES carts PERFECTLY, so I'm used to that

the Sterilite looks pretty cool! any pics with your games in it?

anybody else have/know of any other options?

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 08:36:08 am »
Hahaha, all of my duplicate N64 games have been sitting in a New Balance box.

shepard11

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 09:07:29 am »
Until I got my new plastic containers/drawers most of my games were neatly organized in Diamond Comics shipping boxes, Because those bad boys are heavy duty and made to carry 25 lbs of comics in them as UPS kicks the crap out of them during shipping. 

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 09:29:58 am »
Genesis and Famicom carts fit into audio cassette cases. Anytime I see a cassette case, I will pick it up. If not just for carts but I also collect cassettes.

doafan

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 01:23:14 pm »

Crap I got my most beloved 50 NES cartridges at the support of the bed cause I do love to have them near me even when am sleeping (don't judge me) and the rest of the cartridges from this console, the ones from the SNES and also from the N64 in shoe boxes, kinda relief that am not the only one that use them to store games but I have each cartridge in his own Ziploc bag to protect the labels  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 01:29:19 pm »

Crap I got my most beloved 50 NES cartridges at the support of the bed cause I do love to have them near me even when am sleeping (don't judge me) and the rest of the cartridges from this console, the ones from the SNES and also from the N64 in shoe boxes, kinda relief that am not the only one that use them to store games but I have each cartridge in his own Ziploc bag to protect the labels  ;D

I'd guess that shoeboxes are the worlds most common cartridge containers, so nothing to worry about there!

Cassette storage, NICE! that one in the photograph even looks like it has briefcase features, very cool!!!!

anybody else have any clever methods?

topspot123

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 05:54:39 pm »
I've shared my few Youtube videos here several times before, I hope no one cares.  I am currently working on a few more videos to round out my 'Game Room Ideas' playlist.

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 12:34:25 am »
I've shared my few Youtube videos here several times before, I hope no one cares.  I am currently working on a few more videos to round out my 'Game Room Ideas' playlist.

thats terrific, thank you for sharing!!! really useful boxes... great name!

anybody else?