Author Topic: What is your favorite character to use in Smash?  (Read 4510 times)

telly

Re: What is your favorite character to use in Smash?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 11:54:17 am »
64: Link
Melee: Captain Falcon, Roy
Brawl: Snake
Wii U/3DS: Link, ROB, Greninja
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

sworddude

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 11:58:22 am »
N64:    Main Yoshi
Melee: Main Marth                                Secondaries Fox, Falcon, yoshi and Ganon
Brawl: Main Marth                                Secondaries Yoshi, Ganon, Falcon, Mario
Smash U: Mains Yoshi and Cloud           Secondaries Falcon, Ganon, Marth, Roy, Little mac   

RIP Marth in smash 4 since the only thing that has improved big time is his looks so sad -_-
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 12:15:17 pm »
64: Mario or Yoshi
Melee: Dr. Mario, Yoshi, Mewtwo, or Link
Brawl Project M: Game & Watch, Yoshi, Link, Ike, R.O.B., Mewtwo, Bowser...I actually enjoy using pretty much every character
Smash 4: Robin, Link, Cloud, Peach, or Dr. Mario

I write for a video game/movie/book review blog that can be found here

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 02:44:06 pm »
Samus

rayne315

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 02:48:39 pm »
Kirby all the way! hes he easiest for me to use and I absolutely love killing people by sucking them into his mouth and walking off the stage.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

sworddude

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 03:50:37 pm »
Kirby all the way! hes he easiest for me to use and I absolutely love killing people by sucking them into his mouth and walking off the stage.

My hands are itching so bad, must destroy troll players with Ganon   ::)

Always so satisfying to murder Kirby mains 8)

I will accept a match with yours truly if you dare to challenge me  ;D

kashell

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 03:51:21 pm »
When I (finally) get a Wii U, I want to play Smash with everyone.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 04:17:57 pm »
Smash 64:
  • Captain Falcon
  • Samus
  • Jigglypuff
  • Kirby

Brawl:
  • Peach
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • R.O.B.
  • Mr. Game & Watch

Smash 3DS:
  • Bayonetta
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Palutena
  • R.O.B.
  • Peach
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 04:20:43 pm »
Does Smash for Wii U let you set up your own online tournaments yet?  Shoooooot, do they even let you do offline tournaments yet?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 04:27:38 pm by ctracy87 »

sworddude

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2016, 04:25:10 pm »
Does Smash for Wii U let you set up your own online tournaments yet?

In a kind of way.

it's trash though it's not like the old tournament modes of the older games.

online play however is excellent unless someone has a bad internet connection.

And no there is no offline tournament mode yet, however I must say that for offline play it is not necesarry since it can be done manually pretty easily.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 04:34:33 pm by sworddude »

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 04:46:50 pm »

In a kind of way.

And no there is no offline tournament mode yet, however I must say that for offline play it is not necesarry since it can be done manually pretty easily.
Are you talking pen and paper?  Because I like letting the system set up the matches, all you have to do is have the player pick up their controller and press start and you are good to go, plus no chance of folks swapping characters or forgetting to pick their name for control schemes and such.  Tournament mode was my go to mode in Melee and Brawl with friends.

sworddude

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2016, 05:05:28 pm »

In a kind of way.

Are you talking pen and paper?  Because I like letting the system set up the matches, all you have to do is have the player pick up their controller and press start and you are good to go, plus no chance of folks swapping characters or forgetting to pick their name for control schemes and such.  Tournament mode was my go to mode in Melee and Brawl with friends.

Never said I did not like tournament mode. I loved it.

It's nice but not needed, they could have easily added it but only for casual play is it truly nice since the older modes have some disadvantages. For example you can't switch characters and it's pretty hard to start over when picking the wrong stage.

Tournament mode is fun but if you think about It's pretty pointless aside from watching CPU players who would win the tournament. I do see why they removed it, probably thanks to the competion scene and there difficult rule set, so many thing they had to alter for tournament mode.

It is a bit easier and no I was not talking about setting up matches with pen and paper since it could be done by heart. Unless you have more than 10 players that is.

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2016, 08:08:08 am »

In a kind of way.

It's nice but not needed, they could have easily added it but only for casual play is it truly nice since the older modes have some disadvantages. For example you can't switch characters and it's pretty hard to start over when picking the wrong stage.

Tournament mode is fun but if you think about It's pretty pointless aside from watching CPU players who would win the tournament. I do see why they removed it, probably thanks to the competion scene and there difficult rule set, so many thing they had to alter for tournament mode.

It is a bit easier and no I was not talking about setting up matches with pen and paper since it could be done by heart. Unless you have more than 10 players that is.
My thing is, I've been waiting for tournament mode and all of the amiibos, so I can have all of the amiibos face off in a tournament.  Amiibos are on a completely different level compared to level 9 CPU.

Honestly, that and the hope that nintendo releases a toys to life game were the only reason I bought them all.

sworddude

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 09:14:47 am »

In a kind of way.

My thing is, I've been waiting for tournament mode and all of the amiibos, so I can have all of the amiibos face off in a tournament.  Amiibos are on a completely different level compared to level 9 CPU.

Honestly, that and the hope that nintendo releases a toys to life game were the only reason I bought them all.

I already mentioned the CPU (amiibo's are CPU).

Also regarding amiibo and their skill lvl's they adapt way to slowly and are really easy to figure out in my opinion, the skill lvl is pretty low. For the average or beginner player it is hard though I do see why people find amiibo so ''OP'' because CPU players are way better and harder than in former smash games. Probably thanks to the tournament scene. Still though the difficulty is pretty laugable and especially on the ledge really easy to abuse even on amiibo since they do not adapt well during recovery. Only midstage are they decent fighters. Also depending if you use ranged attacks or not your amiibo will not adapt quickly enough between the two styles not that it is fast enough anyways.

Amiibo's aren't OP, for the above average smasher they actually are pretty bad. In the past games CPU's were just really plain bad, at least now CPU's have a decent skill lvl. Amiibo's are decent in skill but definitly not OP. The thing is that amiibo's use advanced techniques and nintendo put some decent skill in them to knock out all the beginner and even average players when reaching lvl 99 no matter how you train them.

Also one thing I forgot to mention, lvl 9 CPU's do not know how to combo, do not know wich moves kill aside from the smash attacks they are really easy. A lvl 9 CPU Zero suit samus for example will not use the up B to kill or combo with U airs that's the only reason why amiibo are better than lvl 9 CPU's.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 12:20:28 pm by sworddude »

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2016, 04:40:12 am »
Roy.