Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles... Special Edition or Limited Edition?  (Read 1430 times)

desocietas

Just wondering what you all thought:

Publisher website says "limited edition":
http://valkyria.sega.com/purchase.html

But game itself has a sticker that reads "special edition":

The database title originally said "limited edition," but I changed it, but then I thought I'd check with all of you :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Flashback2012

Re: Valkyria Chronicles... Special Edition or Limited Edition?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 04:16:13 am »
I like Special Edition since the packaging notates it as that. Limited Edition could work too since the first wave is going to have the special packaging but any subsequent printings will not.

That reminds me, I need to get my keester up to GS and pick up my copy.  :P

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:14:23 am »
I think the best will be to call it: Valkyria Chronicles Remastered - Special Edition (Limited Squad 7 Armored Case Edition).

azure

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 11:31:32 am »
I think the best will be to call it: Valkyria Chronicles Remastered - Special Edition (Limited Squad 7 Armored Case Edition).
^^^ This

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 01:27:46 pm »

The extra bit after Special Edition is not required unless there are more than 1 Special Edition.

As noted before, item entries should be titled based on their actual/physical appearance. If a website uses a different name (even the publisher themselves), then it can be put into alt-name and/or Description field.

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 01:32:50 pm »

The extra bit after Special Edition is not required unless there are more than 1 Special Edition.

As noted before, item entries should be titled based on their actual/physical appearance. If a website uses a different name (even the publisher themselves), then it can be put into alt-name and/or Description field.

I'm wondering if it'll be confusing for collectors if they have a pre-owned or opened copy (where the sticker will be missing). Do you think that matters at all?

The current entry reads: Valkyria Chronicles Remaster - "Squad 7 Armored Case" Special Edition

which is a bit wordy, imo...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 01:40:16 pm »

I'm wondering if it'll be confusing for collectors if they have a pre-owned or opened copy (where the sticker will be missing). Do you think that matters at all?

The current entry reads: Valkyria Chronicles Remaster - "Squad 7 Armored Case" Special Edition

which is a bit wordy, imo...

If the item is described properly in Description field, a person will know the item they have. Then if they had one second hand, they would know that it should have a label. This is not a new or unique situation, to have a game second-hand that does not have the label on it. Whether because the label was on the case and the case was replaced, or the label was on the original shrink wrap.

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 01:41:12 pm »
If it does not say Special Edition on the packaging, it should not say Special Edition in the item name.

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 02:02:52 pm »
Fair enough, and I appreciate the input from everyone :)

So should the title just be

Valkyria Chronicles Remaster - Special Edition

?

or should it be

Valkyria Chronicles Remaster - Squad 7 Armored Case Special Edition

?

As wordy as it is, it reflects the sticker and would make it easy for users to recognize the item by name before they even saw the cover art or clicked into the entry's description.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

tripredacus

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 02:11:40 pm »
Valkyria Chronicles: Remastered - Special Edition Squad 7 Armored Case

backwards from what you typed, but how the sticker has it.

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 02:14:55 pm »
Valkyria Chronicles: Remastered - Special Edition Squad 7 Armored Case

backwards from what you typed, but how the sticker has it.

Ok, just wasn't sure if that would make people think it was the case *only*

But I'll go ahead and adjust the item title.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

tripredacus

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 02:33:50 pm »
As long as the description field is used to properly describe it, there won't be any problem. :)