Author Topic: Your collection in 5-years from now  (Read 3921 times)

rayne315

Re: Your collection in 5-years from now
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2016, 01:10:43 pm »
Well for me I will like to have my n64/dreamecast completed and move my two arcade cabnets into my new game room but right now I have no room for them. I have almost 8000 games and another 1200+ extra copies for a total over 9000+games. My plan is to eventualy expand the gameroom and get rid of my extras. If you wish to see pics see my gallery

I always wonder why people have many doubles.

I mean did one aquire them from lots and never sell them or did you keep them because they are from good games.

I do have doubles but I aquired them for free and I try to do this for the better cardridge games.

Garage sales also cause a lot of this. sometimes when you find a game for a buck or less you buy it just because its so cheap. that's where all of my doubles come from (minus the 26 combats my brother got me for Christmas one year as a joke)
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2016, 04:40:54 pm »
Well for me I will like to have my n64/dreamecast completed and move my two arcade cabnets into my new game room but right now I have no room for them. I have almost 8000 games and another 1200+ extra copies for a total over 9000+games. My plan is to eventualy expand the gameroom and get rid of my extras. If you wish to see pics see my gallery

I mean did one aquire them from lots and never sell them or did you keep them because they are from good games.

I do have doubles but I aquired them for free and I try to do this for the better cardridge games.

Garage sales also cause a lot of this. sometimes when you find a game for a buck or less you buy it just because its so cheap. that's where all of my doubles come from (minus the 26 combats my brother got me for Christmas one year as a joke)

Buying package deals of games, condition upgrades, buying CIB when you already have the loose cart, and the list goes on.  Some how, I end up with a lot of doubles. 

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2016, 01:33:48 am »
This is my concern as I get busier with work and family and have less time to play. I even get concerned I am missing out digital only and online games.

I'll probably have more 360 games due to being cheap. I'll also probably get an xbox one. However, I'm still trying to determine if it is actually collector friendly. I don't play games usually until years after they come out. Not sure if this works with the Xbox One.

It depends on the game, but yes, you can play it years from now. If I'm not mistaken, both the Xbox and PS4 are installing the games from the disc to the harddrive, then use the disc that unlock the game. Some games like on Rare Replay actually do download online from the store though, with the backwards compatability games.

That's good to know. And kind of what I was seeing. One just has to be careful on what game they buy.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

sworddude

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2016, 02:47:22 am »

Buying package deals of games, condition upgrades, buying CIB when you already have the loose cart, and the list goes on.  Some how, I end up with a lot of doubles.

didn't notice the post delayed response.

I must say quite interesting

Especially from condition upgrades.

Usually with condition upgrades when I have aquired the game for cheap I sell the worser condition on to still keep it cheap, didn't know that some people would keep both the worse and better condition one.

Regarding package deals is this for titles that the person really wants or do some people want to have a spare cardridge or game of the whole library?

Definitlely didn't know this thanks all.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2016, 09:14:56 am »

Usually with condition upgrades when I have aquired the game for cheap I sell the worser condition on to still keep it cheap, didn't know that some people would keep both the worse and better condition one.

Regarding package deals is this for titles that the person really wants or do some people want to have a spare cardridge or game of the whole library?

I sell/trade most of my doubles. I keep variants and other stuff like that.

sworddude

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2016, 11:15:41 am »

I sell/trade most of my doubles. I keep variants and other stuff like that.

I see your point, personally I don't truly feel that different variants count as doubles.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

necrosexual

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2016, 01:08:15 am »
hopefully much larger, hopefully by then i get a better flow of income. as of rn, i can afford about a game a month, and that's... slow moving.
i live in poverty but y'know. can't stop now.

as long as it's plenty of good stuff, i'm not going to complain.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.