Author Topic: June 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 17565 times)

Re: June 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2016, 02:01:47 pm »
Busy with E3 and such, here are most of my pickups and mail call from the last week.

PS4
The Last of Us Remastered
Until Dawn [Not pictured]
Media Remote

Ace Combat 6
Ace Combat 6 Bundle
Child of Eden
HAWX
HAWX 2

Xbox
Dai Senryaku
Judge Dredd
Fatal Frame

PS2
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill Origins

N64
Army Men Air Combat

Saturn
Panzer Dragoon
Astal
D

Gamecube
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
Baten Kaitos Origins (I bought Baten Kaitos, but they sent me Origins) [Not Pictured]

GBC
Kirby Tilt and Tumble

SNES
Justifier [Not pictured]

Game Gear [All not pictured]
Beavis and Butthead
Adventures of Batman and Robin
Batman Returns
Stargate
Castle of Illusion

« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2016, 03:43:24 pm »
Picked these up at Goodwill and Salvation Army:
Challenge Me:Brain Puzzles cib DS 1.99$
Puzzler World cib DS 1.99$
Battalion Wars Gamecube no manual 3$
Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights PS2 no manual 2.5$
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 PS2 cib .50$
Disney's Aladdin Tiger Lcd 5$
Lamb Chop and Friends Tiger Lcd 3$
New Super Mario Bros Wii case and manual Free
Gba Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team carrying case 1$

Soooo jealous of that Lamb Chops and Friends LCD.

Some folks have all the luck! :)

If you think I'm kidding I have Hello Kitty for the Famicom.
It must be uncommon because I can't find it listed anywhere and no-one on the site has one in their collection.  I am sure the Hello Kitty Famicom game is better lol.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2016, 08:45:27 pm »

It must be uncommon because I can't find it listed anywhere and no-one on the site has one in their collection.  I am sure the Hello Kitty Famicom game is better lol.

It's actually Balloon Fight 2.

It uses the same engine and everything.

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2016, 06:56:51 am »

« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2016, 08:37:26 am »
There's this new string of outlet stores opening in the Middle Tennessee area (Bargain Hunt) that has a date on all of their price tags, so the longer something is in the store the cheaper it gets.  The newer locations are having a flat 50% of deal on all video games (since the date thing doesn't work if they've only been open 2 weeks).
[...]

Really? That's awesome. I live in Middle Tennessee so I'm going to have be on the lookout for all of this stuff.

Yeah.  It's been great for certain things.  I don't think that you'll ever find anything classic, but there have been some newish games I've managed to snag at decent prices.  And then there's the risk of seeing something they put out with a last weeks date on it, and coming back week after to week to see how low the price gets before it disappears or it is a low enough price that you want to get it.  I lost out on a NeoGeo Gold playing that game of chicken.

They also have decent LEGO sets occasionally.

karyann

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2016, 12:24:15 pm »

It's actually Balloon Fight 2.

It uses the same engine and everything.

I'm sold! I LOVE balloon fight, so I'm adding that to my wishlist  :D

« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2016, 04:00:05 pm »
Not a ton of game stuff this month other than 2 DS finds, but I picked both of these figures up on half-off deals from Ultimate Source.  Great company to deal with as I had issues with Fulgore not wanting to stand.  Because of the soft plastic, his joints were abit loose, and when I discussed it with their support, they just up and sent me an entirely new Fulgore that seems to be standing fine now.  No hassles with shipping back, no cost, or anything, and they gave me a free KI bottlecap opener.  Such a great deal, that I then bought the Jago when he want on sale during E3.  Not the biggest KI fan, but I like some of the characters. Might look at getting their Deluxe Spinal figure when it releases.

shepard11

« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2016, 07:59:44 pm »
My wife's hometown had a city wide yard sale today. So many games but I passed on a lot of them. What I did pick up was the following:

PS2:
Harry Porter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Porter Quidditch World Cup
Lemory Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Monster Jam
NBA Jam (didn't know this was a thing)
2 8MB Memory Cards

NDS:
Metallic Rose NDS Lite System (and when I got it home found a DS case in the bag that had 4 games I didn't know about)
Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2
Super Mario DS

Gamecube:
Mad Catz Factory Sealed 251 Block Memory Card

Wii:
Epic Mickey 2
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Mario Kari Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Wario Ware Smooth Moves

All in all pretty happy with my finds

tehabyssfucker

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2016, 05:00:35 am »
It's not much, but I got this 2 Gamecube games  :D

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2016, 03:36:40 pm »
Got Luigi's Mansion for the gamecube for $1 is what I would like to say, but instead I have Luigi's Mansion case and manual with a copy of Mario Party 7 in it for $1.

Got this lot for $13
GG
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse

GB
Casmatank (sp)
Kirby's Block Ball
Kirby's Dream Land

vinyl
Foreigner - 4
(I know it's not a game, but it was part of the bundle)

« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2016, 04:02:21 pm »
Yesterday i've found a few PC games during a sale at a store for 2€ each, it was mostly Hidden Objects games (and shame on me i'm starting to like them  :-[ , that's what i play when i want to play to a point & click game but don't want to think at all to much... and i can't bring myself to feel anything bad about those, they are the type of games that led my mom to play games, and she was more like "You still play with these at your age ?" before that)... so yes, what i've found:

-Awakeking l'intégrale (not really "integral" anymore since they have released other games for that series since that pack was released in 2014 but still i still got the first 5 games of the series).
-Dark Parables l'intégrale (contain the first 6 games)
-Mystery Case Files L'intégrale (contain the first 10 games)
-Lords of Xulima (I already have that one on Steam, a pretty good RPG by the way, but still it's good to have a physical DRM-free version in my collection, those start to become pretty rare).

Later at a thrift store i've found a few Dune items, the PC game Frank Herbert's Dune, the OST from the movie and a three book pack (with a pretty slipcover) containing Dune and Dune Messiah, they apparently had a Collector's Edition for the movie too but it sell in less than twenty minutes after they opened.

Then one of my brothers invited me to eat and after that he give me two items that a shop offered him when he bought his PS4, a Naruto metal plate and an Assassin's Creed Unity Medal (i find it strange that they offer such random things with it but hey i won't complain  ;D)

Then today, like almost any Sunday (when it doesn't rain...  >:( ) i was at a flea market:

PC:
-Grand Theft Auto Episodes from Liberty City (1€ - CIB)
-Empires: l'Aube d'un Monde Nouveau (aka Dawn of the Modern World) (1€ - CIB)
-The Longest Journey (1€ - CIB)... i really need to stop with that game, ok i really love it but seriously i don't need four different version of it (it's still less than Beyond Good & Evil and my 7 version :facepalm:).
-Les Aventures de KiPulKai: Les 3 Masques (1€ - CIB) (an old and totally unknown french game, second game of a series that i have absolutely never heard of, and the series even become a browser MMO game called Kiboa during 2007, apparently still alive and still have a few events now and then... damn it i still need to check any info on a game when i don't know it and even when i don't care about it :-\)

PS1:
-Mobil 1 Rally Championship (0,50€ - CIB)

PS2:
-Eragon (1€ - CIB)
-Peter Pan (1€ - CIB)
-Shifters (1€ - CIB)
-Terminator 3 (1€ - CIB)

Xbox:
-Burnout Revenge (1€ - CIB)

Xbox 360:
-Dead Island Riptide (1€ - CIB)
-Naruto: The Broken Bond (1€ - CIB)

I have also got a little Yoshi toy (pretty good quality for a toy that you can get at McDonald) for free with Eragon and Peter Pan on PS2.

And then i made a pretty good purchase without even knowing, i come to a woman who was mostly selling clothes and a few PS2 games (6 sports games, the usual ones and like always overpriced... 10/12€ each  ???, no i don't want to buy FIFA 07 for 10 bucks, don't know what happens with sports games lately in my area, last week someone was trying to sell a Platinum PES 2008 on PS2 for 40€ :o), like always i ask if she have other games to sell and she say yes, give me a medium sized wallet cd case full of PS1 and PS2 games (even if those game doesn't have a box it doesn't hurt to check what inside), i start to open it and i was discouraged just seeing the first two pages (Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarders was the only game, everything else was demo disc for PS1 and PS2 :-\), i check the third page... Tekken 4 on PS2, a disney demo disc for PS1, Alundra on PS1 and Tomb Rai... wait Alundra ? That's a pretty rare game and i know someone who can be interested in it (a friend made a big scratch on the one he own years ago) so i ask for the price (with a little bit of fear as i remember her previous prices) and she tell me 5€ (for an Alundra, even if it's only the CD, it's usually worth more than that price) so i start to pull the cd from the case and she tell me no it's not the cd but the whole case for 5€, better for me i guess, i pay her, close the cd case and put it in my bag. When i came home and started to check everything i've got from the day, i've reopened that case and... well let's just say that it's worth way more than the 5 euros i've paid (she put more than 1 disc in some place, i found a Final Fantasy 6 behind a PS2 Demo disc on the second page that discouraged me :o) :

PS2
9 Demo disc
Colin McRae Rally 04
Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 (Platinum)
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Kim Possible: What's the Switch
Pro Evolution Soccer 4
Rugby Challenge 2006
Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarder
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
SSX (platinum)
Tekken 4
Tarzan Freeride
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

PS1
11 Demo disc
Alundra ( 8))
Casper: Friends Around the World
Dino Crisis
Evil Zone
FIFA 2002
Final Fantasy 6 ( 8))
Harvest Moon Back to Nature
Looney Tunes Racing
Marcel Desailly Pro Football
Monsters, Inc. (Platinum)
Moto Racer 2
Peter Pan (Platinum)
Suikoden ( 8))
Tomb Raider IV
The Land Before Time Racing Adventure
Tom & Jerry In House Trap (Promo Only - Not for Resale)

I even got the first Sim City on PC inside  :D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2016, 03:03:03 am »
Lookout theflea! got some competition now! ;)

Great pickups metshael.

theflea

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2016, 03:01:28 pm »
I was out sick most of the weekend so I was only able to go out garage salin a little bit on Thursday. While I only hit maybe 20 sales I found a great find.

First the store/online buys...

Amiibo
Bought the full new set of Kirby figures.

XBone
Ori and the Blind Forest

NDS
A local used game store gave me this free.
- Pokemon Soul Silver (box and Manual only)

NES
At my local used game store they got this in and where only asking $5 CIB.
- Defender II

FAM
They also got this is CIB and I had to do some digging to figure out what it was. It was so unusual to see Famicom games at my used game store and it was under what it sold online complete so I picked it up.
- Degital Devil Story Megami Tensei II

Now for garage sales...
I was only out maybe two hours then started feeling sick I had to go home.

First sale I hit had NDS and PSP games. They had listed $5 each and most all was scrap games.
I picked out two and asked if they would take $5 for these two and the lady said yes.
PSP
- Wipeout Pure
NDS
- Crash Boom Bang!

SNES/NES/N64
There was a sale that Atari & Nintendo and it was supposed to open at 9, it was 8 and I headed to the sale. I get there and it's already set up. I walk up and ask about the Atari & Nintendo the guy takes me to the back of the garage and shows me two Playstations with no games, An Atari (4-switch light) with about 10 games (nothing good) for $50 and a SNES with 2 controllers (one off brand) and 22 games. for $50. I try and get it a little lower and we agree at $43.
It also for some reason had a NES Zapper, 2 NES controllers (one looks brand new) and one N64 game in there.
N64
- Mario Tennis
SNES
- NBA Live 96
- Super Bases Loaded
- Ken Griffey Jr. Major League Baseball (x2)
- Brett Hull Hockey
- Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball
- Troy Aikman Football
- Super Play Action Football
- WWF RAW
- WWF Wrestlemania The Arcade Game
- Saturday Night Slam Masters
- Super Off Road: The Baja
- Shaq-Fu
- The Incredible Hulk
- Super Street Fighter II
- Mortal Kombat
- Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day
- Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday
- Gradius III
- Congo's Caper
- The Mask
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Unfortunately that's all I got, the rest of the weekend I was so sick there was no way I could even leave the house.
But at least I got one great find from Thursday.   ;)

"Happy game hunting!!!"

desocietas

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2016, 03:20:44 pm »
theflea, so sorry that you're still feeling unwell :( hope you get better soon! I don't know what I'd do without seeing your weekly treasures post! :D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

theflea

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2016, 04:16:52 pm »
theflea, so sorry that you're still feeling unwell :( hope you get better soon! I don't know what I'd do without seeing your weekly treasures post! :D

I should be okay before next garage sale weekend, I have an inner ear infection and its making be dizzy as hell when I try and move around. I'm on antibiotics and doctor says I should be back on my feet soon. It sucks when you walk around like a drunk. lol
"Happy game hunting!!!"