Author Topic: Nooooooooooo (part 2)  (Read 979 times)

soera

rayne315

Re: Nooooooooooo (part 2)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 01:06:44 pm »
That’ll give fans time to save up for the $74.99 starter pack ($99 for the obligatory Dark Edition), 29 $14,99 Sensei toys and the 99 $9.99 Creation Crystals it will take to store one character from each of the ten fighting disciplines for each of the ten elements.

I can feel your wallet weeping in agony already...
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 01:08:08 pm »
http://kotaku.com/skylanders-imaginators-lets-players-bring-custom-charac-1779816829

I think The Boy may be over it.  I sure hope so.  This looks like a serious money pit.

soera

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 01:13:16 pm »
My Boy isnt over it yet. He's stupid excited.

I think it definitely has the potential to be a huge money pit. $75 or $100 for the starter kit, $430 for charaters, and could be $1000 for crystals. But I cant imagine you need that many crystals. If its anything like trap team, you only need 1-2 crystals per element. So 10-20 instead of 100.

gf78

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 01:35:13 pm »
In my best gansta voice "Get the f*ck outta here!"
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

soera

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 01:43:21 pm »
I think the most ironic part for me was just yesterday, I was picking up my pre-order for the Witcher 3 expansion and I was talking to the Gamestop manager (my former manager) and we got on the discussion of Skylanders and I told him I didnt think they were going to release another game. Superchargers did not do well and most places that sell them have loads of them on the shelves and are doing crazy sales just to get stock out. Wake up this morning to see this announcement.

gf78

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 01:48:35 pm »
I think the most ironic part for me was just yesterday, I was picking up my pre-order for the Witcher 3 expansion and I was talking to the Gamestop manager (my former manager) and we got on the discussion of Skylanders and I told him I didnt think they were going to release another game. Superchargers did not do well and most places that sell them have loads of them on the shelves and are doing crazy sales just to get stock out. Wake up this morning to see this announcement.

Activision will run it into the ground to squeeze every last drop.  From everything I have been reading, the market for "toys-to-life" games and figures is past the saturation point.  Disney has canned Infinity and who knows what will happen with Lego Dimensions.  But not Skylanders.  Just like Call of Duty, Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk before it, Activision will run it clean into the ground.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 02:17:40 pm »

azure

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 03:13:32 pm »
Ouch, best of luck.

soera

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 03:24:47 pm »
Activision will run it clean into the ground.

Not much else to be said here. I honestly should have known. While the new concept seems interesting, its not going to bring any new fans to the series and most fans are on the way out the door anyhow.