Author Topic: Looking for a good place to start in DFW  (Read 980 times)

Looking for a good place to start in DFW
« on: June 07, 2016, 01:30:43 am »
My daughters and I are in Dallas/Fort Worth and was wondering if anyone in the area may have some good suggestions to find some cheap Cartridge games.
We are just starting so I don't want to spend more than $5 per game unless its a very rare game.

Any suggestion would be great, we are looking to go out at least once a week to look for stuff.

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Looking for a good place to start in DFW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 09:11:26 am »
My daughters and I are in Dallas/Fort Worth and was wondering if anyone in the area may have some good suggestions to find some cheap Cartridge games.
We are just starting so I don't want to spend more than $5 per game unless its a very rare game.

Any suggestion would be great, we are looking to go out at least once a week to look for stuff.

DFW is thick with folks digging for games.  Good luck.
Traders Village is a good place to start.  You'll leave a lot of stuff laying because it's high, but deals can be had. 
Yard Sales!  This is where you'll find the best deals.  You'll strike out more times than not, but when you hit gold it's all worth it.

Good luck on your quest.  It's not going to be easy since you're a little late to the game.  I wish you the best.

vagrant13

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 10:16:40 am »
^What turf said.  I'd also like tho add that I've found some really good deals through local Facebook yard sale groups if you are quick enough.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 01:21:39 am »
Don't forget Thrift Stores,I've never found games at yard sales but always find a ton of stuff at thrift stores for great prices

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 03:14:44 am »
Lol I sold an old electric mower and got $60.

My Daughter and I are planning to go out this week and look at thrift stores in the area and I found a place called Found It Electronics I have not been too yet(who knows we might get lucky).