Author Topic: E3 Omnibus Thread  (Read 17035 times)

E3 Omnibus Thread
« on: June 09, 2016, 12:38:29 am »
EA Event

- Titanfall 2 - Crazy new gadgets, mechs, and content.  Beta coming up before launch.  Proper singleplayer campaign.  Coming October 28th for PS4, Xbone, and PC.

- Mass Effect: Andromeda - Leaving the milky way, all new species and worlds. Running on the Frostbite engine.  More information to come later, likely at The Game Awards show at the end of the year.

- EA Originals - Basically an indie program with bringing smaller projects to life that allows the developers to control and profits with EA publishing.  First game is called "Fe". 3D platformer with a seemingly open setting to it.

- Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - 2017.  Includes the new movies.

- New Star Wars Game By Visceral - 2018

- New Star Wars Game by Respawn - No information other than being a third person action game.

Bethesda Event

- Quake Champions - Multiplayer Only, PC Only.

- Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Special Edition - Xbox One and PS4 only, better graphics, mod support.

- Prey - First Person Psychological Thriller set in a scifi setting.

- Doom: DLC - New Snapmap content.  New multiplayer modes coming up for free.  Premium maps for sale next month.

- Fallout 4: DLC - New Settlement additions out next week.  Build your own Vault next month.  New expansion is Nuka World, a themepark setting and will release in August.

- Bethesda VR - Fallout 4 coming to the HTC Vive.

- Dishonored 2 - Gameplay reveal, out November 11th.
Microsoft Event

- Xbox One S - Supports 4K Video Playback (Only videos, not games), 40% smaller, 2TB HDD, new controller with improved range and textured grip, releases this August for only 300 bucks.

- Gears of War 4 - October 11th Release Date, Play Anywhere initiative meaning you buy on Xbox One, you can play on Windows 10 at no extra cost.

- Killer Instinct: DLC - General Raam from Gears of War has playable character.  Free to play this week.

- Forza Horizon 3 - Releases September 27th, pre-ordering the ultimate edition lets you play on the 23rd.  Has Cross-Play and Cross-Buy with Windows 10

- ReCore - September 13 release, out on Windows 10. Also "Play Anywhere".

- Inside - 2D sidescroller from team that made Limbo.  Out June 29th.  Xbox One Exclusive. Limbo free on Xbox One today.

- We Happy Few - Seemingly end of summer release date after a delay, looks to be on PC also.

- Gwent - Standalone Witcher 3 card game.  Beta out in September on PC and Xbox One.

- Tekken 7 - Out Early 2017.

- Dead Rising 4 - Out on both Xbox One and Windows 10 later this year.  Probably holiday season due to the games setting.

- Scalebound - Out in 2017 for Xbox One and Windows 10.

- Sea of Thieves - Out on Xbox One and Windows 10.

- State of Decay 2 - Windows 10 and Xbox One 2017.

- Halo Wars 2 - February 21 2017 on Xbox One and Windows 10.

- Xbox One: Project Scorpio - This is the big 4k gaming overhaul system.  Out Holiday 2017.

PC Game Show

- Oxygen Not Included - Scifi simulation game, think Fallout Shelter. Made by Don't Starve dev.

- Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord - Feudal simulation action game.  Up to and maybe more than 500 players at a time in a game.

- The Surge - Scifi Dark Souls from the creators of Lords of the Fallen.

- Vampyr - Vampire third person action.  2017.

- Tyranny - Obsidian developed isometric RPG.

- Observer - Scifi cyberpunk horror game from the creators of Layers of Fear.

- Dropzone - MOBA styled RTS.

- Arma 3: DLC - Apex expansion out July 11th.

- The Turing Test - First person scifi puzzle experience.  Think Portal or The Witness.

- Overland - Post-Apocalytpic Survival RPG.  Procedurally generated maps, isometric grid based combat.

- Dual Universe - Open universe multiplayer experience.  Think Ark, Eve, Minecraft, EVE, and No Man's Sky all in one.

- Day of Infamy - Multiplayer WW2 shooter from the creators of Unsurgency.  Early Access next month.

- Arcane Warfare: Mirage - Melee magic based game from the creators of Chivalry.  Fall 2016.

- Mages of Mystralia - Isometric, cartoonish, RPG.  Craft your own spells.  2017.

Ubisoft Event

- Just Dance 2017 - Out on all current systems and PC this year in October.  Will be on Nintendo NX next year.

- Ghost Recon: Wildlands - Open world third person shooter with 4 player co-op.  March 7, 2017.

- South Park: The Fractured But Whole - It's amazing and it's out December 6th 2016.

- The Division: DLC - Expansion 1 out on PC and Xbone June 28th.  August 2nd for PS4.  Expansion 2 coming also.

- For Honor - Sort post-apocalyptic medieval warfare game involving Knights, Samurai, and Vikings clashing for survival centuries after the initial destruction.  Has a singleplayer campaign.  February 14th 2017

- Grow Up - Sequel to Grow Home. August 2016.

- Trials of the Blood Dragon - Super silly 80's parodying of the Trials series. Out now.

- Steep - Skiing, Snowboarding, Paragliding, Wingsuit, in an open world setting that automatically puts you with other players during challenges.  December 2016.

Sony Event

- God of War 4 - New Norse Mythology setting, still involves Kratos.

- The Last Guardian - Launches October 25th.

- Days Gone - Third Person Shooter, post-apocalyptic setting, zombies, looked very The Last of Us, but with the zombies, it's very much not.

- Resident Evil 7 - January 24th.  No details, was revealed with a very sly trailer reminiscent of something like PT.  Demo up for Playstation Plus subscribers soon.  Complete with VR Support.

- Horizon: Zero Dawn - February 2017

- Playstation VR - October 17th.  Batman VR.  Star Wars Battlefront X-Wing Mission VR.  Farpoint is a scifi FPS for VR. Play as Prompto with VR in Final Fantasy XV.

- Detroit: Become Human - Quantic Dreams game. Scifi mystery solving.  What you expect from them.

- Crash Bandicoot - The first 3 PS1 games remastered.  Crash will also show up in the new Skylanders Imaginators.

- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Complete Space mission shown.  Modern Warfare remaster available 30 days early to play on PS4 if you pre-purachase the Digital Deluxe edition.

- Star Wars Lego: The Force Awakens - Demo out now, launches June 28th on practically every available system and handheld.

- Spider-Man - Exclusive PS4 game by Insomniac.

- Kojima - Something was teased.  It has Norman Reedus naked.  It's weird.

Nintendo News

- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Too much information to really lay out for the game, but it's a full open world with crafting, cooking, climbing anything, and has way more RPG elements.

- Amiibo - Lots of new Amiibo coming.  Series 2 Super Mario ones announced that include Boo that glows in the dark, Waluigi, Wario, Daisy, Rosalina, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong.  There are also three announced Amiibo for Breath of the Wild.  Bow Link, a large Guardian with flexible legs, and Horse Riding Link.  In addition to this, the Twilight Princess HD Wolf Link/Midna amiibo gives you Wolf Link partner in the game to help attack and hunt and has three hearts.  If you have save data on the amiibo, Wolf Link will come into the game with as many hearts as you have in that game.  One he dies, you can only summon once a day, real world time.

- Paper Mario: Color Splash - Release Date October 25th.

- Mario Party: Star Rush - Releases on the 3DS later this year.  Utilizes the new Super Mario amiibos.

- Ever Oasis - New Action RPG by Grezzo (Did the Zelda 3DS ports).

- Pokemon Go - Releases at the End of July.  Pokeball accessory costs $34.99.

- Dragon Quest VII - Out September 16th.

Other News

- Wild Guns Reloaded - A remaster of the SNES classic for the PS4
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:43:18 pm by kamikazekeeg »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: E3 Omnibus Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 06:34:09 am »
Volition announced their new game Agents of Mayhem which takes place in the Saints Row universe

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 06:44:02 am »
Volition announced their new game Agents of Mayhem which takes place in the Saints Row universe

Ah right, I forgot about that one.  I love the art style, it's great to see more games having fun with less realistic designs.  I just watched the trailer as I was surprised to hear it was Saints Row related in any way, but yeah, it is.  Guess it's some alt-universe thing, since Earth is gone in the Saints Row timeline and this is clearly way in the future, which needs a functioning Earth lol Should be fun as Volition knows how to do that right as they've been doing it well for years.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 08:11:28 am »
Also got the recent square enix announcements.

Deus Ex GO
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD Remix Last Chance Final Memory Countdown to Fun Ultimate Party Story Time.

I've been hearing a lot lately about how people are amazed how people loved WatchDogs, then it came out and everyone hated it, and now everyone loves WatchDogs 2, but everyone will probably hate it.  I personally loved Watch Dogs, I'd go so far to say it was my game of the year for 2014.  There was so much more they could've done with the game, but it was still a very good game, and I liked Aiden Pearce.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 08:48:56 am »
Killing Floor 2 on PS4   ;)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 09:02:26 am »
Hoping Ace Combat 7 shows up, maybe see some upcoming DLC/Mods for Fallout 4. Maybe a little no mans sky since they delayed it.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 10:09:37 am »
Something else Bloodstained is going to be there with a demo. Also from it's kickstarter page

"And I have some exciting news: We’ll be showcasing a playable demo at E3. In addition to that, we'll be giving the demo to all backers at $60+ tiers.

This E3 preview is a simple playable demo and tutorial of this Minerva stage. The lesser demons we've introduced in the last update (Morte, Seama, and Dullahammer) will appear, and the magi-crystals players will obtain from enemies, also known as "Shards," will also be included."

karyann

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 11:57:33 am »
Nintendo is doing a digital event, actually. June 14th, 9AM PST / 12PM EST.

soera

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 12:01:12 pm »
I watched a bit of the Bloodstained demo. Was ... interesting but mostly just background and showing the main character jumping around.

Im hoping for a couple of things at E3. Lots of DQ. Some more Ni no Kuni II info. And a Ys VIII western release announcement.

kashell

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 12:09:26 pm »
Ys VIII coming here would be swell.

rayne315

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 03:32:42 pm »
Still crossing my fingers for the last guardian. looking for a little bit of demo even just what has already been released. and a hard date on its release.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

telly

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 04:02:43 pm »
Ace Combat 7 and Pokemon Sun are what I'm most interested in, but I'd be interested to see what else is coming out on the Xbox One and the 3DS
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 07:56:43 pm »
Injustice 2 reveal going on in 5 minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm

Yup, basically what you expect, but with the high quality of Mortal Kombat X. Not much to go on, other than they showed abit of this new gear system they are implementing, which not only alters the character moves and abilities, but visually changes them too, so sorta like a more customizable version of what they introduced in MKX.  Honestly not a huge Mortal Kombat fan, I prefer the controls of Street Fighter or Killer Instinct over MK, but it's still a cool looking game.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 08:09:43 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2016, 09:12:08 pm »
Here is the main schedule for E3.

Sunday
EA - 4PM EST
Bethesda - 10PM EST

Monday
Microsoft - 12:30PM EST
Ubisoft - 4PM EST
Sony - 9PM EST

Tuesday
Nintendo - 12PM EST (Pokemon Sun & Moon Gameplay, followed by Zelda reveal, followed by Treehouse livestream for the rest of the day)

Wednesday
Nintendo - 1PM EST (Pokemon Go Q&A, followed by Treehouse livestream showing of Monster Hunter Generations, DQ7, and Tokyou Mirage Sessions.)

That's all I have for E3 at the moment, so if anyone has any other times for events or reveals that seem important, pop them in here.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 01:45:55 pm »
My body is ready.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730