Author Topic: E3 Omnibus Thread  (Read 18504 times)

Re: E3 Omnibus Thread
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2016, 12:31:18 pm »
So....Zelda is finally catching up to what all other open world games have been doing for the last ten years?  Got it.   ::)

Don't be so cynical lol The climbing aspect actually seems pretty unique, being that you can apparently climb anywhere, and the physics of things like trees and rocks could lend themselves to new puzzle possibilities.

Alright, well they're showing what feels like an eternity of Pokemon, so I'm done with that show.  Good job Nintendo - 1/5.

The rest of the event is basically dedicated to Zelda, so I'm cool with them throwing a bone to Pokemon fans lol Really wanting that pure Zelda gameplay right now though.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2016, 12:32:52 pm »
i still want zelda, wish they wouyld show more then just zelda and pokemon though
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2016, 12:33:33 pm »
i still want zelda, wish they wouyld show more then just zelda and pokemon though

I believe Reggie said there might be a new 3DS game reveal at the start. 

We also have to keep in mind that this isn't a conference like the previous companies did.  It's gonna be hours of gameplay all day today.

kashell

« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2016, 12:41:33 pm »
Zelda or Xenoblade Chronicles X (now with more traveling and wide open spaces) ?

« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2016, 12:48:25 pm »
Zelda or Xenoblade Chronicles X (now with more traveling and wide open spaces) ?

Zelda actually looks like you can do stuff in the world.  I was real disappointed with Xenoblade Chronicles X.  It's such a shallow world.

Was the release date known for Pokemon before?  It's out November 18th for those interested.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:50:34 pm by kamikazekeeg »

gf78

« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2016, 12:50:16 pm »
Don't be so cynical lol The climbing aspect actually seems pretty unique, being that you can apparently climb anywhere, and the physics of things like trees and rocks could lend themselves to new puzzle possibilities.

LOL....I just don't have any love for Zelda any longer.  I'm sure that Nintendo will find new & unique ways to play the game and that's great for the Zelda fans out there.  But pretty much everything they are showing has been done for over a decade now.

Climbing on stuff?  Check.
Running around stuff?  Check.
Open world?  Check.
Chopping down trees?  Check.
Dynamic weather?  Check.
Collecting stuff?  Check.
Riding a horse?  Check.
Puzzles?  Check.
Sword fighting?  Check.
Crafting?  Check.

And as far as the climbing aspect...I've climbed enough shit in Ass Creed that if I never have to scale another wall/mountain/tree/whatever it will be too soon. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2016, 12:54:18 pm »
Pssh, out of here with all that you old curmudgeon!  The joyous wonder of Zelda needs not thy cynical tomfoolery!

But yeah, it's not new to the gaming world, but it still looks fantastic.  It's the breath...heh...of fresh air the series seems to have needed.

Up next, finally going to get the details on Zelda.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:02:08 pm by kamikazekeeg »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2016, 12:55:38 pm »
Pssh, out of here with all that you old curmudgeon!  The joyous wonder of Zelda needs not thy cynical tomfoolery!

But yeah, it's not new to the gaming world, but it still looks fantastic.  It's the breath...heh...of fresh hair the series seems to have needed.

i am gonna cut it short, is it cool if i get the details off your OP later for the podcast later this week when we discuss E3?
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2016, 12:58:42 pm »

But yeah, it's not new to the gaming world, but it still looks fantastic.  It's the breath...heh...of fresh hair the series seems to have needed.

i am gonna cut it short, is it cool if i get the details off your OP later for the podcast later this week when we discuss E3?

I probably won't do a full write up, but I'm sure there will be more than a few people that do writeups on this later.  I'll just hit on the bigger notes in the OP. 

Side note, I want these blue Zelda branded shirts people are wearing lol

gf78

« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2016, 01:00:00 pm »

LOL.  Fresh hair.  Garnier Fructis?  So fresh that she screams "Yes!  Yes!  Yes!" in the shower fresh?   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2016, 01:03:49 pm »
That book shown in the trailer is called the "Shiekah Slate" and will be what interacts with this magical technology.  Link will clearly be getting lots of different clothing options.  The game starts with an actual voice waking up Link in a place called the Shrine of Resurrection.  Very unique way to start the game off as it seemingly means Link was asleep or even dead at some point.

Link can now jump anywhere and he seems to have a stamina bar for faster runs.  Item collecting for the crafting.  He can climb anything, though the only limitation is the stamina bar.  Weapons now seem to have a damage level to them, so some weapons will be clearly stronger and do more damage.  Certain weapons seem to have durability too, but you can store multiple ones of them it seems to use after they break.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:30:33 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2016, 01:52:58 pm »
Yup, Nintendo didnt show off much, but Zelda impresses and interests me more than anything else at the show.

« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2016, 01:58:02 pm »
I'll probably watch for abit, but I'm not gonna watch all the gameplay they are gonna show off.  I'm already quite satisfied with the games reveal.

« Reply #223 on: June 14, 2016, 02:09:50 pm »
Yup, I don't care, Nintendo wins.

Breath of the Wild looks amazing and is my most anticipated game in the next year.

Nintendo announced new amiibos, my favorite character Waluigi, my wife's favorite character Daisy, and a glow in the dark Boo.

New amiibos for Breath of the Wild, Link with Bow, Link on a horse, and a Guardian (first amiibo to have flexible appendages).

Wolf Link amiibo will work with Breath of the Wild giving you basically a pet Wolf to help you out.

« Reply #224 on: June 14, 2016, 02:28:48 pm »
Sony I think clearly "won", but Nintendo has nailed it for Zelda.  They are showing off the "Shrines" you can find all over the world, which are basically mini puzzle dungeons, though there are combat ones, and are of varying size.  I love all the features the Sheikah Slate has.  When pulling it out and going to use it for like a telescope, it is almost exactly a gamepad, which has me wondering if the NX will have something similar to the Wii U.